Trying to be objective in all this noise

but he was fired before the guy could get players for the system it ran

Fulmer wouldn't let him run his O like he wanted to, it wasn't due to lack of talent or him needing "his players". There was only 1 OC Fulmer trusted and that was Cut.

Saban does
Saban also has years and years of equity built up with his board members and superiors. He's proven time and time again that he can handle his business without getting into trouble. Pruitt doesn't even compare to saban. They're not in the same universe rn

Fulmer was -- so was Butch Jones
Meyer flirted with it over a bad WR coach. The AD rubber stamped whatever he wanted and just about went down with him. He was on the stage beside Meyer for a reason.

That's not to say the AD should choose assistant coaches for a HC but the idea that he shouldn't be involved at all doesn't work. And eventually its gonna circle back to him as well. There's a line.

Many of you assume someone blocked the Freeze hire. More than likely he turned down the offer or is waiting for a better offer. He is probably holding out for a HC job. I would if I were him.
Or, once interviewed, it was determined he was not a good fit, baggage or otherwise.

Many of you assume someone blocked the Freeze hire. More than likely he turned down the offer or is waiting for a better offer. He is probably holding out for a HC job. I would if I were him.

I think the risk/reward proposition on Freeze is not at all clear. If he was a slam dunk hire, he'd have a job.

VN Store

Back