Try to be humble

Not to be mean, but this has to be the biggest waste of bandwidth I’ve seen on here this year.

When the vols score touchdowns against ETSU (there will be many) I just hope they don't go dancing, prancing, chest bumping and holding up the number one. It's not the national championship---just be humble and act like you have been there before.

I disagree completely with this. A champion has swagger and confidence. I don't want ugly taunting type stuff, but celebrate and demoralize these guys from the opening kick and don't look back.

If this goes as expected, 2nd team needs to do the same. A good practice is all this should be and guys should be hyped and ready to dominate the minute they leave the locker room.

Last edited:
When the vols score touchdowns against ETSU (there will be many) I just hope they don't go dancing, prancing, chest bumping and holding up the number one. It's not the national championship---just be humble and act like you have been there before.

On 2nd thought, knowing our luck, we will lose one of our better players for the season while chest bumping/dancing.

We paid ETSU to take a beating and all that comes with it. Let them celebrate a TD.

All players - not just ours- waste too much energy beating their chest and mugging for the fans. It is classless and has a " look at me component " that is not helpful in building team chemistry. One would think every tackle and pass reception is the winning play in an epic game. Act as if you have done it before- run back to the huddle and get ready for the next play for Gods sake.

It really should not be that difficult for this team to be humble- they are not that good, bless their hearts, they seem to play all-out.

All players - not just ours- waste too much energy beating their chest and mugging for the fans. It is classless and has a " look at me component " that is not helpful in building team chemistry. One would think every tackle and pass reception is the winning play in an epic game. Act as if you have done it before- run back to the huddle and get ready for the next play for Gods sake.
Banks almost hurt himself after one of his touchdowns while he was on a folding chair and pointing at his jersey number.

The team didn’t need but the fans threw things onto the field like they won the Super Bowl.

VN Store

Back