Trey Wallace on TN players in transfer portal

Allen and Osborne are the only 2 that truly have potential at this level. I feel bad for Allen and his situation, wish he could stick it out but I understand. Same with Osborne, he has shown flashes of being really good just needs more time. Good luck to them. GBO!!!!

Can we put coaches in the transfer portal.......Im asking for a Friend!

😂 yeah let’s get rid of one of the best Oline coaches in Football. Tell me what Oline coach could have done anything with the Oline this past year?

He had what, 8 months to work with a rag tag bunch of Weak, Small, young Lineman? Some of which dont have the talent to be at a Power 5 school and having to learn a completely new blocking scheme

I’ll wait as you dream up some miracle worker.

Reactions: CJBlaze
😂 yeah let’s get rid of one of the best Oline coaches in Football. Tell me what Oline coach could have done anything with the Oline this past year?

He had what, 8 months to work with a rag tag bunch of Weak, Small, young Lineman? Some of which dont have the talent to be at a Power 5 school and having to learn a completely new blocking scheme

I’ll wait as you dream up some miracle worker.
Jesus comes to mind.

Reactions: MetalVolunteer
Even walk-ons must put their name in if they want to transfer. The transfer rules apply to everyone on the roster, not just those on scholarship.

And this is total garbage. Kids paying for their own school and everything else should be free to transfer as they wish. A walkon player owes UT absolutlely nothing. Beat their bodies to pieces on the field and never compensated in any way. If anything, UT owes them for being practice squad players...NFL practice squad players make more money than cops, teachers, etc etc...

And this is total garbage. Kids paying for their own school and everything else should be free to transfer as they wish. A walkon player owes UT absolutlely nothing. Beat their bodies to pieces on the field and never compensated in any way. If anything, UT owes them for being practice squad players...NFL practice squad players make more money than cops, teachers, etc etc...
Preferred walkons get a lot more than you think. There is only about 15-20 per team, they get insurance, gear, full access to facilities as well as meals. Putting their name in the portal only helps them.

Reactions: MadWorld
And this is total garbage. Kids paying for their own school and everything else should be free to transfer as they wish.

They are, I mean everyone is - it's just some have to sit a year, but they are all free to "transfer as they wish". Don't conflate the transfer portal with anything else, it's just a new model to allow any school to contact the kid.

For non-scholly walkons - by ncaa bylaws, most would qualify for a waiver to the 1-year sit rule and could play immediately. The only thing is the school has to give a written "ok" for the waiver, but I'd say most don't care for a non-scholly guy.

A walk-on that has received a scholarship at any point would likely have to sit 1 year like all other scholarship student athletes.

Last edited:
I’d expect this list to grow. There is some dead weight over there. Osborne is the one that has talent. Did Allen even see the field? Pruitt’s first bust?

That is why this processes exist, these athletes have every right to move on...........more power to them. The SEC is a fickle conference, and if you can help your chances because you see yourself moving down the list........go for it.
If my son was playing and it didn't look like it was working out, I would encourage him to transfer. No one likes being down the depth chart.
I agree to a point, but I would also ask him to check himself and see if he's the reason he is dropping on the depth chart.

I agree to a point, but I would also ask him to check himself and see if he's the reason he is dropping on the depth chart.

Your right, and of course, but after evaluating all the variables and discussing with the coaches...........an informed decision could be made, and it should always be what is best for the athlete.

We'll see more when the new guys with mean attitudes come in and pick on the ones that gave up before bowl season.

It's a good thing.

Reactions: Type Orange+
We'll see more when the new guys with mean attitudes come in and pick on the ones that gave up before bowl season.

It's a good thing.

I don't know if "giving up" but I hear your point, they pretty much see the writing on the wall, they (OL) lacked that "mean factor", nothing wrong with being a good guy, but in the trenches......Big Ugly needs to kick in.

Your right, and of course, but after evaluating all the variables and discussing with the coaches...........an informed decision could be made, and it should always be what is best for the athlete.
I'm not saying they shouldn't transfer. If they aren't getting playing time and they think it's best to go elsewhere then go. Just saying that some of these kids need a reality check. Sometimes it's because they didnt put in the work or just got outworked by teammates.

I'm not saying they shouldn't transfer. If they aren't getting playing time and they think it's best to go elsewhere then go. Just saying that some of these kids need a reality check. Sometimes it's because they didnt put in the work or just got outworked by teammates.

18-19 year old men not putting in 100%.............well, welcome to my world, I see it all day :)

So, according to DeerPark12, there are at least 10 in the portal now. No additional names given.
So, according to DeerPark12, there are at least 10 in the portal now. No additional names given.

Look at Charlie Strong, bet he wished he had gotten on that plane, but he is cleaning house as well down in Southern Florida Technical Institute or something like that =\

It sets the tone, no more mister nice guy, no more mister...............

Reactions: MadWorld
Jordan Allen is not transferring. No official report or anything, but he’s all over Instagram about getting ready for 2019 season, working out in TN gear and guys like Darrell Taylor liking his stuff. Like i said i haven’t read an official report, but it sounds like maybe he was exploring the option and decided to stay.

Would put Darrell Taylor, Deandre Johnson, Jordan Allen and Austin Smith at OLB, with Roman Harrison and Crouch incoming

Jordan Allen is not transferring. No official report or anything, but he’s all over Instagram about getting ready for 2019 season, working out in TN gear and guys like Darrell Taylor liking his stuff. Like i said i haven’t read an official report, but it sounds like maybe he was exploring the option and decided to stay.

Would put Darrell Taylor, Deandre Johnson, Jordan Allen and Austin Smith at OLB, with Roman Harrison and Crouch incoming

VN Store

Back