Travis: Tennessee Goes to Prom with its Cousin

But what happened to all of the coaches, whose names would blow us away, that we’re reaching out to him to get an interview. Sorry but this guy just wants to make a living saying outlandish “hot” takes.

😂😂😂.

Here’s the list:

Frank Jameson
James Franklin
Jim Franks
Franklin James

He’s butthurt because we wouldn’t drop $50MM bucks on his buddy, who wasn’t coming here anyway.

Plus, he conveniently leaves out that hiring one of the “guaranteed success” guys would fly in the face of the message we’re trying to send to the NCAA. I know he believes they’re toothless, but not everyone sees it that way. Greg Sankey leaps to mind.

Reactions: ETSU VOL
After Kiffin left, it's like the train went right off the cliff.
Then the train caught 🔥 when Hamilton hired Dooley. Then train melted when we hired Jones.
Currie tried to buy a new train with Leach or Schiano but before he could ink on contract was shot in the back by Fulmer, who upgraded from his stab to the back with a knife to Johnny Majors.
Fulmer then decides to rebuild a old train and hires a cheap mechanic in Pruitt who's buying parts in the back alley.
Just can't make this 💩 storm up.

I like Travis when he's talking my talk, pushing my agenda, i.e. Schiano, but he's a drama queen shock jock. Does some good pieces sometimes but first, and foremost, he's a drama queen.

Reactions: kcvols1
I’m hoping we are taking a 6th cousin that’s a 10/10 and we don’t really know it’s our cousin sort of thing.

Reactions: VolNExile
Clay Travis tries to be a shock jock oh, I can't believe anybody listens to this douchebag

Seems like he had an ancestor who played for Neyland, which is what got him the access to Fulmer when he was writing On Rocky Top.

Meh, my grandpa fought in WWI, but that don’t make me a veteran.

He trots this out every time he discusses his fandom. I got a fundamental issue with anyone feeling entitled to winnings from the Ovarian Lottery.

I think it’s a genetic aversion among hillbillies, which leads to an explanation of why I’ll always support the Vols. Hell, it’s why we left the old country.

See generally, US Const., Art. 1, Sec. 9, Cl. 8.

Clay doesn’t give a damn about UT, it’s all clickbait for him. If UT recruits itself, we just need someone to coach them up. Fingers crossed that CJH brings it. GBO

Reactions: kcvols1
I wondered how long it would take for him to show up and tell everyone that there were "Big" time coaches just dying for this job and we should have waited.

I think we got the best coach we could under the circumstances.

Reactions: GlennTenn and EZE
I like Clay, but Clay needs to take a step back on his adopted University. Believe he gets the fan and the sports guy confused.

"Uninspired hire".

Remember this self important twit wanting to be a conduit between interested coaches and our AD?

He did the same thing three years ago.

He got exactly what he deserved - he got ignored.

Who cares what Clay Travis thinks... He's somewhat entertaining, but it's just a talking point for his show. He mentioned 4 or big name coaches reaching out to him, but he never names them. This way he can complain that Tennessee didn't go after his 4 - 5 big name coaches that reached out to him.

His show and ones similar are more like Jerry Springer... You don't watch/listen for knowledge gain.

I don't know of any other program that has created such a large cottage industry in talk radio, podcasts, websites, chatrooms, newsletters, magazines, TV shows and other commentary like UT athletics has, particularly over the last 10 years. Part of White's leakage concerns surround his general unfamiliarity with this industry which is built and sold to the public under the auspices of inside access or insider information, which from time to time it is, but quite often it is quite the opposite.

VN Store

Back