Transfers

I am starting to think Salter is the guy Pruitt really wants and is showing him this by not starting HB. Think he has also told him this.

I could be completely wrong but it's just weird.

if that is the case Pruitt needs to be shown the door today. What happens next season if a top 5 QB prospect shows interest in UT? Sit Salter to show that kid you are committed to him?

Whether JG stays or goes is irrelevant. There is no one on our staff that can develop a QB to play at the next level. If any of these kids have that potential, they owe it to themselves to find an environment where they can have a chance at success.

I would agree with you but the only sample size we have is JG which was recruited before this regime. Shrout wasn't a highly touted recruit and if I remember correctly, he threw a bunch of INTs his senior year of HS (not that promising). Maurer didn't have many power 5 schools offered soo again it's hard to say if it's purely coaching or talent.

Although, I am for Weinke being let go and going after a proven QB developer.

I am starting to think Salter is the guy Pruitt really wants and is showing him this by not starting HB. Think he has also told him so.

That is my understanding, Pruitt has based his entire head coaching career and bet the farm on Kaidon Salter, a Jalen Hurts type quarterback, Salter is a little taller than Hurts and about 40 pounds lighter than Hurts (for now), making him a little faster, but just as quick and agile as Hurts. We'll know more on December 16 on early signing day, but Bailey didn't come up here to stand around, he was the most offered quarterback to sign with Tennessee since Peyton Manning, he could have landed at any SEC school (yes Vanderbilt offered) hate that he only sees mop up duty when Guarantano has always played us out of the game.

I heard Tom Irwin critical of Bailey for checking down when he plays but then they were critical of Shrout when he threw deep when he had his 1 pass this yr. idontknowanymore
Wouldn’t that depend on the coverage?

From my understanding Salter is not a start from say 1 QB....needs mechanical correction in is passing game..also comes from a simple offense. Per butchna.....on top of that his stats this year his comp % dropped according to maxpreps..
All that doesn't say you hold the QB spot for him

I am starting to think Salter is the guy Pruitt really wants and is showing him this by not starting HB. Think he has also told him this.

I could be completely wrong but it's just weird.
Salter is a good way from starting. His high school offense is really simple and they don't really throw the ball down field much. Its a lot of screens and qb runs. He looks tremendously talented, but he will need a lot of coaching. He has an odd throwing motion and throws off his back foot a lot.

Pruitt really is just obsessed with JG I think. Bailey was as ready to come into college and play as a QB could be. I understand he missed time in the spring and in fall due to covid, but they have had a whole season to get him ready now, including multiple bye weeks. LSU got Finley ready in a week to play South Carolina.

if that is the case Pruitt needs to be shown the door today. What happens next season if a top 5 QB prospect shows interest in UT? Sit Salter to show that kid you are committed to him?

I'm honestly grasping at straws at this point.

VN Store

Back