Transfer RB Lyn-J Dixon committed!

It’s depth and it’s a guy that was behind ACCPoy Etienne. He’s a solid pickup.
He should already know how to pass block and certainly has enough talent to contribute. Hopefully he comes in and works hard and takes the next step. He has 2 years left too, so plenty of time to work hard and contribute.

So, here is something I don't get, Bru McCoy is waiting on the ok from the NCAA and his eligibility is in question because he transferred from USC to Texas for spring practice, back to USC, and then to UT, right? I think the question lies in the rule that a player can enter the portal once without sitting, but then has to sit a year on subsequent transfers. So Dixon transferred from Clemson to WVa for spring practice, then is transferring here. Why is his eligibility not in question? Is it because he never actually played after his first transfer? It's a little confusing, since I don't know if McCoy played for USC after transferring back.

1400 yards in 4 seasons in ACC? Is this that big of a get really?

YES, this is that big of a get!!!! Know why??? He WANTS to be a Vol, that's why.
Bet we had some folks here muttered the same thing about Hooker at the time too.
angry-dog-barking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
We need depth at RB. Dixon was offered by UT but ultimately chose Clemson a few years back. Solid pick up especially since Whitehead is out for the year.
He played the 2020 season.

So, here is something I don't get, Bru McCoy is waiting on the ok from the NCAA and his eligibility is in question because he transferred from USC to Texas for spring practice, back to USC, and then to UT, right? I think the question lies in the rule that a player can enter the portal once without sitting, but then has to sit a year on subsequent transfers. So Dixon transferred from Clemson to WVa for spring practice, then is transferring here. Why is his eligibility not in question? Is it because he never actually played after his first transfer? It's a little confusing, since I don't know if McCoy played for USC after transferring back.
I've read he is a graduate transfer, but not 100% sure on that.

I bet he gets 8 to 12 carries a game. I think he will be much better than the RB who would have been getting those carries before he transfered here. So it is a big get.
Not sure McCoy or Dixon difference makers. Squirrel & Bishop Gorman running back difference makers. We’ll see.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He played the 2020 season.

Not sure McCoy or Dixon difference makers. Squirrel & Bishop Gorman running back difference makers. We’ll see.
Do you think Dixon is better than Jaylen Wright or our freshman running backs this year?

McCoy could be great or could be bad, I don't see him being in the middle. He has the talent to be great but has never been able to put it together in college.

So White and Stallings haven’t played yet but you know they are difference makers. But Dixon and McCoy who have played in college, you don’t know. That’s some great football logic right there.

VN Store

Back