Transfer Portal Thread

Rocket Watts likely headed to Mississippi State per Jeff Goodman.

The SEC continues to feast on the transfer market. This league next year is going to be unreal.

Going to take Barnes’ best coaching job perhaps ever to win the league. No easy games.
I agree with the overall premise, but specific to Watts, he is pretty overrated, IMO, and I don’t find it surprising it has taken him this long to find a home. And not to knock Miss. St., but it’s quite the downgrade from Michigan St., especially for a kid from Detroit. He’s a worse-shooting, higher pedigree version of Victor Bailey.

Rocket Watts likely headed to Mississippi State per Jeff Goodman.

The SEC continues to feast on the transfer market. This league next year is going to be unreal.

Going to take Barnes’ best coaching job perhaps ever to win the league. No easy games.
I really don't understand why anyone would choose to go to Mississippi State. Gourmet food in Starkville is KFC...

Edit: I forgot they do have a Dairy Queen, so that gives it a couple more points

Last edited:

Totally changes how mid majors will operate imo. No longer can you take a project and hope to develop him over 3 or 4 years. If he shows promise, a P-5 will just swoop in and offer him a ticket to the big time. Even the lower tier P-5 schools will have a harder time competing in this landscape.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Those are my feelings, too. This is 2021...LOL at any mid/low-major program thinking they have a secret no one knows about in the form of an overlooked player that will never be noticed by high-majors.
Yeah, the original claim sounded suspect to me at first, but now that you've pointed this out, I am further convinced that it's nonsense.

I am still very confused why any UT fan would clutch pearls over it.

Those are my feelings, too. This is 2021...LOL at any mid/low-major program thinking they have a secret no one knows about in the form of an overlooked player that will never be noticed by high-majors.
Or LOL at any mid/low major program thinking they can easily get enough additional donations to make up for the lost money games.

Dawson Garcia, former top 40 big, is
transferring from Marquette. 6”11 dude. Also a early entrant to the nba draft so he can decide to stay in if he wants, but he any chance we look into it?
We have connections but we probably won't take him. Very good player. Just hoping he doesn't go to Bama

VN Store

Back