Transfer Portal Thread

As a UT basketball fan, I don't even really worry about Kentucky anymore lmao
We’ll either split the series or win 2/3 like we have every year the past couple years. I’d rather talk about the LSU, Bama, Auburn games etc

I remember the last Kentucky didn’t make the NCAAT. They went to two straight Final Fours.

Anybody not worried about Kentucky this year and Calipari is being woefully ignorant
It’s not that I’m not worried, the matchup is just predictable. 2019 they were an elite Eight team and last season they were awful. We split the series both times.

It’s not that I’m not worried, the matchup is just predictable. 2019 they were an elite Eight team and last season they were awful. We split the series both times.

I care outside of just the matchup because I’d like to win some SEC titles and they are the probably the biggest obstacle in our way this year

It depends upon the scope of your worry. Over 6 years, head-to-head, we have held our own against UK. In a broader sense, though, UK is a bigger threat in both the SEC and the national picture. Limiting it to 2, or potentially 3 matchups with Tennessee is grossly short-sighted.

I remember the last Kentucky didn’t make the NCAAT. They went to two straight Final Fours.

Anybody not worried about Kentucky this year and Calipari is being woefully ignorant

You’re not going to convince me or others that UK is going to magically be a Final Four contender considering Cal has had plenty of talent over the years to win 2-3 more National Titles.

I’ve seen Barnes out coach Cal plenty of times.

Will they be good? Probably but I think you’re overrating them a tad bit.

If there’s one coach we need to worry about in the SEC, it’s Nate Oats.

Calipari had his chances to win more titles but he failed. This year won’t be any different.

Calipari had his chances to win more titles but he failed. This year won’t be any different.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but couldn’t this be said about most any veteran coach who has a long track record of fielding competitive teams? Several on this board keep saying the same about CRB.

Reactions: cncchris33
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but couldn’t this be said about most any veteran coach who has a long track record of fielding competitive teams? Several on this board keep saying the same about CRB.

2015 KAT team and 2018 Tyler Herro team should have had the best chance to win a National Title.

You’re not going to convince me or others that UK is going to magically be a Final Four contender considering Cal has had plenty of talent over the years to win 2-3 more National Titles.

I’ve seen Barnes out coach Cal plenty of times.

Will they be good? Probably but I think you’re overrating them a tad bit.

If there’s one coach we need to worry about in the SEC, it’s Nate Oats.

You’re right. Why worry about the coach with a national title, 78.5% win percentage,
6 regular season SEC titles, 6 SEC tourney titles, 5 30 win seasons, 4 Final Fours and 6 Elite Eights who had a 25-6 team that won the SEC one season ago and went 30-7 with an Elite Eight two seasons ago. I definitely should worry about Nats Oats over John Calipari.

My god, what a terrible opinion you have about Kentucky and Calipari.

Reactions: cncchris33
John Calipari and Kentucky have a more recent…

Elite Eight
25 win season
30 win season
SEC regular season
SEC conference title

Than Tennessee and Barnes but there is nothing to worry about! They boat raced in Knoxville with an inferior team but Kentucky is an afterthought!

Joe was a great recruiter, evaluator of talent and practice coach. He was not the best in game coach. Devoe always out coached him in close games. However sometimes talent just wins games.

You’re right. Why worry about the coach with a national title, 78.5% win percentage,
6 regular season SEC titles, 6 SEC tourney titles, 5 30 win seasons, 4 Final Fours and 6 Elite Eights who had a 25-6 team that won the SEC one season ago and went 30-7 with an Elite Eight two seasons ago. I definitely should worry about Nats Oats over John Calipari.

Kentucky really doesn’t stop UT from any of its goals. Not sure why anyone should be “worried.” Barnes has shown he can beat Calipari. But we could lose 2/3 to UK next year and still have an excellent year.

Reactions: jp1

I live in Kentucky and let me tell you, most of the die hard UK fans I know have the exact same opinion as I do.

Most of them will tell you Cal has underachieved with as many 1st round draft picks as he’s had during his time at Kentucky.

That’s not having a “terrible opinion” that’s called stating facts.

Kentucky really doesn’t stop UT from any of its goals. Not sure why anyone should be “worried.” Barnes has shown he can beat Calipari. But we could lose 2/3 to UK next year and still have an excellent year.

Do we want to win an SEC title? A regular season or tournament title? Yes they can easily “stop” us from any of our goals.

Do we want to win an SEC title? A regular season or tournament title? Yes they can easily “stop” us from any of our goals.

You can’t worry about what others are doing. You worry about yourself.

And...yes, you can win those things with them still being good. We can speculate about many things, but I have enough gray hair from things that I can control.

I live in Kentucky and let me tell you, most of the die hard UK fans I know have the exact same opinion as I do.

Most of them will tell you Cal has underachieved with as many 1st round draft picks as he’s had during his time at Kentucky.

That’s not having a “terrible opinion” that’s called stating facts.

You do not know what facts are then. Here are facts I posted:

A national title
78.5% win percentage,
6 regular season SEC titles
6 SEC tourney titles
5 30 win seasons
4 Final Fours
6 Elite Eights
25-6 team that won the SEC one season ago
30-7 with an Elite Eight two seasons ago

here is what you posted

-I’ve seen Barnes out coach Cal plenty of times.

- You’re not going to convince me or others that UK is going to magically be a Final Four contender

-Will they be good? Probably but I think you’re overrating them a tad bit.

- If there’s one coach we need to worry about in the SEC, it’s Nate Oats.

- This year won’t be any different.

-I live in Kentucky and let me tell you, most of the die hard UK fans I know have the exact same opinion as I do.

- Most of them will tell you Cal has underachieved with as many 1st round draft picks as he’s had during his time at Kentucky.

Literally everything you posted is an opinion. You didn’t give one fact or figure to back up any of your claims

You can’t worry about what others are doing. You worry about yourself.

And...yes, you can win those things with them still being good. We can speculate about many things, but I have enough gray hair from things that I can control.

Well that’s fine in of itself. I’m not up at night not able to sleep because of what Kentucky has (or anything related to college basketball).

But if you ask who is UT’s biggest threat this year and based on the past, it’s clearly Kentucky.

VN Store

Back