Transfer Portal Thread

Who was the slender 7 footer from GA a couple years back who shot the 3? Is he a good comp to Aidoo?

Do you mean Claxton? You actually hear similar things about them and they both have a similar body. Aidoo looks like he's way ahead of where Claxton was leaving high school but Claxton had the advantage of having a dad who played at Georgia and in the NBA. You can read scouting reports on both from high school and you'll see the late bloomer term. Claxton continued to bloom in college and Aidoo has blown up vs good competition earlier.

I think Aidoo is bigger than Claxton was coming into college and Aidoo may not be done growing. I'd love to see us get from Aidoo what Georgia got from Claxton in year two. He gave them about 13/8.5 boards and could step out and hit 3s. Claxton ended up being a early 2nd round NBA pick after only 2 seasons and I could see Aidoo getting there in similar fashion if he hits the weights here.

Go read Jerry Meyer's scouting report on Aidoo from before the season and read what everyone says about him now. Basically every concern Meyer wrote about got much better for Aidoo this season. That's why he's liable to jump 20 or 30 spots in the new rankings. Meyer had him as a P5 starter before his improvements this season.

Sports Illustrated calls him an instant impact player at the college level after his 2020-21 season.

I'd love to see 8pts, 6rebs, 1.5 blocks in about 15 minutes out of him and anything beyond that would be gravy. That is assuming we land BHH and Fulky is back as expected.

Do you mean Claxton? You actually hear similar things about them and they both have a similar body. Aidoo looks like he's way ahead of where Claxton was leaving high school but Claxton had the advantage of having a dad who played at Georgia and in the NBA. You can read scouting reports on both from high school and you'll see the late bloomer term. Claxton continued to bloom in college and Aidoo has blown up vs good competition earlier.

I think Aidoo is bigger than Claxton was coming into college and Aidoo may not be done growing. I'd love to see us get from Aidoo what Georgia got from Claxton in year two. He gave them about 13/8.5 boards and could step out and hit 3s. Claxton ended up being a early 2nd round NBA pick after only 2 seasons and I could see Aidoo getting there in similar fashion if he hits the weights here.

Go read Jerry Meyer's scouting report on Aidoo from before the season and read what everyone says about him now. Basically every concern Meyer wrote about got much better for Aidoo this season. That's why he's liable to jump 20 or 30 spots in the new rankings. Meyer had him as a P5 starter before his improvements this season.

Sports Illustrated calls him an instant impact player at the college level after his 2020-21 season.

I'd love to see 8pts, 6rebs, 1.5 blocks in about 15 minutes out of him and anything beyond that would be gravy. That is assuming we land BHH and Fulky is back as expected.

Dude if he can get 8/6/1.5 in 15 min, his per 40min stats would warrant starting and playing 35+ a night. I'd temper your expectations

Last edited:

Thanks - it was Clayton I was trying to remember.

Dude if he can get 8/6/1.5 in 15 min, his per 40min stats would warrant starting and playing 35+ a night. I'd temper your expectations

Williams at Duke averaged 7/5/1.5 roughly in 15 mins this year. I just like Aidoo and the SEC has a significant lack of good rebounders. Our defense forces a lot of missed shots which gives more board opportunities than many teams. We also miss a fair number ourselves for offensive board chances. I'd mainly love to see a 7 footer with a 7'5" wingspan come in and do work on the boards. I think 1.5 blocked shots should be easiest for him to achieve out of those hopeful stats. Kessler averaged 1 in 8 minutes per game this year.

I wonder if Tennessee takes a look at this guys as an experienced big, plenty of muscle, plenty of experience, recruited and coached by Gainey, great shot blocker....does he remind anyone else a bit of player we just lost?
6’9” 255lbs last year 26mpg 8ppg 5rpg 1.5bpg

Attachments

• C4F389C2-D001-4CE4-9E7F-176C3B78C62C.jpeg
    C4F389C2-D001-4CE4-9E7F-176C3B78C62C.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 16
Ok I really want him to be a Vol...

Marquette's Theo John plays a fearsome 'character' on court

Known for his aggressiveness and toughness, been known to pick up a technical or 2 for staring down the opponent, loves to let out a huge scream after a monster dunk, if there’s a dust up under the basket you’ll find him there...this dude would bring in an edge to the whole team it sounds like and a toughness as well.

Known for his aggressiveness and toughness, been known to pick up a technical or 2 for staring down the opponent, loves to let out a huge scream after a monster dunk, if there’s a dust up under the basket you’ll find him there...this dude would bring in an edge to the whole team it sounds like and a toughness as well.
He just entered the transfer portal, right?

I say if Dante never actually goes into the portal or if his injury is too much of a concern, UT should go after this guy to help bolster depth with an experienced big man. Really love that article you shared, and his stat line this past season of 8/5/1.5 in 26.3 minutes would translate perfectly in a more limited role off the bench or in spot starts.

He just entered the transfer portal, right?

I say if Dante never actually goes into the portal or if his injury is too much of a concern, UT should go after this guy to help bolster depth with an experienced big man. Really love that article you shared, and his stat line this past season of 8/5/1.5 in 26.3 minutes would translate perfectly in a more limited role off the bench or in spot starts.
Yea he just entered the portal yesterday evening, I definitely think he would fit in nicely.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
And that’s ok, look at Mark Williams at Duke this year...he can still play a big role with those minutes.
I agree and posted elsewhere that this kid has agility and skills. He can help us next season. If Barnes will focus on using him in a role that plays to his strengths, he can be a really nice part for next years team. If Barnes takes him and plants him in the block and forces him to bang down low....well....he'll end up in Walkers chair next to Plavsic.

I wonder if Tennessee takes a look at this guys as an experienced big, plenty of muscle, plenty of experience, recruited and coached by Gainey, great shot blocker....does he remind anyone else a bit of player we just lost?

Not just a yes but a resounding HELL YES. Hate to poach Marquette because I really liked them...and their uniforms...back in the day, but this would be exactly what this program needs next year.

Reactions: Vols All Day

Would be a pretty good fit. Not to nit pick but if I could find the perfect player to fill that role he’d be a better defensive rebounder. Maybe it’s something about Barnes’ defense, but it’s something we’ve really struggled w under his tenure

Reactions: berryvol

I like the way this sounds. This team needs an enforcer bad.

Would be a pretty good fit. Not to nit pick but if I could find the perfect player to fill that role he’d be a better defensive rebounder. Maybe it’s something about Barnes’ defense, but it’s something we’ve really struggled w under his tenure
What about a 6’11” guy that gives 6ppg 7rpg 4.2drpg 2bpg?

More true bigs I think allows ON to play more of a stretch 4 or 3 position. And I actually think he's quick enough to do so, he just doesn't seem the type to really be an under the basket banger.

More true bigs I think allows ON to play more of a stretch 4 or 3 position. And I actually think he's quick enough to do so, he just doesn't seem the type to really be an under the basket banger.
He's only ever played with his back to the basket. Im curious to see if he can shoot

VN Store

Back