Transfer Portal Thread

The entire point of my original post is that elite 5 star 5s with NBA type potential (Kessler) want to shoot 3s on offense because that's what is the new normal in the NBA now. Traditional PF and C who play 15 feet and in are mostly gone in the NBA now. You also have to learn to guard 20+ feet from the basket now because of big men shooting 3 pointers. A few years ago Marc Gasol, an elite two way center in his prime, had taken about 50 career three pointers. From one season to the next season he went from taking a few 3s per season to 3-4 3s per game. He transformed into someone who played well away from the basket more often. His rebounding rate dipped as he played away from the basket more but his scoring went up by 3ppg and his assists went up by 1 as he played more out in space. Grind it out down in the post players who do nothing but sit on the block are dinosaurs in the NBA. You have to be Rudy Gobert or Clint Capella elite defenders if you're that type or your shot at huge success in the NBA isn't nearly as likely as a big who can shoot.

One of Aidoo's strengths per his recruiting profiles is his ability to shoot the three. Hopefully he's allowed to do that here. With his size and that skill he should be a legit NBA prospect.

Ayton would be a counter example. He does most of his damage down low and isn’t an elite defender (although he has improved on that end significantly since he entered the league).

Ayton would be a counter example. He does most of his damage down low and isn’t an elite defender (although he has improved on that end significantly since he entered the league).

His numbers are way down almost across the board this year, over 18ppg last year down to under 15 this year, his minutes and rebounds also went down this year and Phoenix has a much better record this year vs last year.

His shots went down by 5 per game this year. A better fg percentage is all that has kept him at 14.9 ppg. People thought he'd get more opportunities with Chris Paul who had aided post play with past big men but the opposite has happened. Phoenix has went more 3pt focused and Ayton only gets about 8 chances a game to shoot that doesn't involve him getting an offensive rebound put back.

His numbers are way down almost across the board this year, over 18ppg last year down to under 15 this year, his minutes and rebounds also went down this year and Phoenix has a much better record this year vs last year.

His shots went down by 5 per game this year. A better fg percentage is all that has kept him at 14.9 ppg. People thought he'd get more opportunities with Chris Paul who had aided post play with past big men but the opposite has happened. Phoenix has went more 3pt focused and Ayton only gets about 8 chances a game to shoot that doesn't involve him getting an offensive rebound put back.
My point was that he’s a more traditional big man who’s getting minutes on a good team, not that he was the focal point of their offense.

His freshman year he averaged 3.5 TO/game and this year he is down to 1.9 TO/game. He won't have to have the ball in his hands as much this year so I bet his TO's will drop even more. I agree he's had some bad TO's due to mistakes, but saying he's regressed is just wrong
I was being sarcastic as I believe this forum has several vocal posters who greatly under appreciate SV.

The entire point of my original post is that elite 5 star 5s with NBA type potential (Kessler) want to shoot 3s on offense because that's what is the new normal in the NBA now. Traditional PF and C who play 15 feet and in are mostly gone in the NBA now. You also have to learn to guard 20+ feet from the basket now because of big men shooting 3 pointers. A few years ago Marc Gasol, an elite two way center in his prime, had taken about 50 career three pointers. From one season to the next season he went from taking a few 3s per season to 3-4 3s per game. He transformed into someone who played well away from the basket more often. His rebounding rate dipped as he played away from the basket more but his scoring went up by 3ppg and his assists went up by 1 as he played more out in space. Grind it out down in the post players who do nothing but sit on the block are dinosaurs in the NBA. You have to be Rudy Gobert or Clint Capella elite defenders if you're that type or your shot at huge success in the NBA isn't nearly as likely as a big who can shoot.

One of Aidoo's strengths per his recruiting profiles is his ability to shoot the three. Hopefully he's allowed to do that here. With his size and that skill he should be a legit NBA prospect.
Who was the slender 7 footer from GA a couple years back who shot the 3? Is he a good comp to Aidoo?

Say we did land Dante, how would the minutes work for the posts? Went from having nothing to a lot going on down there lol

Well I’d say someone between Fulky, BHH, and Dante won’t be happy lol

Kidding they would all get great mins. Depending on match ups among other things

Reactions: Willy14

VN Store

Back