Transfer Portal Thread

I've heard Tamba is already committed, just waiting to announce and reclassify, but he's a major project so I doubt it would affect Aidoo in coming here.

I also believe ORN has potential to take a solid leap this year if he can get his poise and consistency up. He seems timid out there sometimes, while other times he flashes. Also thought that Uros played better at the end of the year when he got some more minutes. Definitely still needs work, but an improvement.
I was asking though about the other way around. Would bringing Aidoo impact Tamba.

Some players take a couple years to develop and that's basically to be expected w ORN. By his Jr year , I'd hope that he can improve so that he's at least a serviceable backup.

I was asking though about the other way around. Would bringing Aidoo impact Tamba.

Some players take a couple years to develop and that's basically to be expected w ORN. By his Jr year , I'd hope that he can improve so that he's at least a serviceable backup.
From my understanding its 99.9% likely that Tamba is already committed + reclassifying so I don't think bringing in Aidoo has any affect on his decision. I'm sure even he know he needs a few years to develop whereas Aidoo could get solid minutes ASAP. Idk the rundown on the scholarship numbers, but I feel like its bring in Aidoo or a transfer big (if BHH commits).

From my understanding its 99.9% likely that Tamba is already committed + reclassifying so I don't think bringing in Aidoo has any affect on his decision. I'm sure even he know he needs a few years to develop whereas Aidoo could get solid minutes ASAP. Idk the rundown on the scholarship numbers, but I feel like its bring in Aidoo or a transfer big (if BHH commits).
Put Aidoo and BHH on the floor at the same time. No one getting to the rim lol

He's "officially" signing w an agent, so he gone. LSU has a C from Memphis in this class but not sure he's going to be an SEC-ready C. Makes sense for Gardner. Especially if they sweeten the pot 💸
Watched him play at the State Tournament last month. He is not going to help LSU next season. He is a tall athlete but is a very raw basketball player right now.

Reactions: golfballs
Rob again confirming during volquest podcast that Kessler is only big man "currently" in portal that we are actively going after.
Maybe we should expand our options some more? If we miss (probable) then what next?

On the other hand this does make me feel better that Fulky is returning and that BHH will pick UT.

I
Thats alarming considering most people dont like our chances with Kessler
We definitely have a good chance for Kessler. I wouldn’t say our chances are any better than Gonzaga or Auburn. What we can offer is solid playing time right now and an elite PG.

Must be that developing ORN and Uros is as likely as luring a current transfer that’s not indicated much interest in TN. Falling back to the 5x 6’7” that switches on every screen dream. Actually, playing without the big post should be easier with another perimeter shooter or two while there’s a PG of Chandler’s caliber threatening to slice up defenses.

Maybe we should expand our options some more? If we miss (probable) then what next?

On the other hand this does make me feel better that Fulky is returning and that BHH will pick UT.
That's what I was thinking. They must be confident in fulky returning and BHH reclassifying is my only guess. Or they are just waiting for more quality guys to hit the portal, I don't know

Y'all getting worried here in early April about who UT is or isn't pursuing in the transfer portal.

There are over 1000 guys in that portal, and the season just ended on Monday. This is only just beginning, y'all. I'm not anywhere close to being worried yet.

Aside from Gonzaga being very good again next year, the situation would seem better here in terms of playing time.

Y'all getting worried here in early April about who UT is or isn't pursuing in the transfer portal.

There are over 1000 guys in that portal, and the season just ended on Monday. This is only just beginning, y'all. I'm not anywhere close to being worried yet.
The numbers are there for sure. But how many of those guys are actual takes that we can count on and not just another warm body? If half of those are Post players probably less than 2% would be actual takes.

I think Fulk would actually do fine playing significant minutes in the 4 but I don’t know for sure. I think he’s smart enough to be able to guard that position despite maybe not being quite as quick as some 4s in the league. Anyway, was really hoping to get a 4/5 like Tre Mitchell who would be a good complement to Fulk and could play at the same time. I’m nervous too that Fulk may hang it up. Then we’d really be in some deep kimchee.

I think part of Fulk's problems last year was that he was playing the 5 against people superior to him in body mass and strength. I know one of his hands got beat up and was painful every time he played, and being skinny plus covid while playing the five might have been the combo that derailed him. I think he was beat up and exhausted during the year. If I were him, I would want Barnes to promise me lots of time at the 4 before I would commit to coming back. And it's not like we have a proven starting four that he would be taking minutes from.

You're right that he wouldn't be a good match with a four that is very quick, but he could be very useful against other fours. And I think Fulky surprises people with his quickness, as he does with his leaping.

I think what he’s saying is would Tamba not reclass and just come in next year instead if the staff asked him to.

Could be Rob wasn’t considering Gurley a big because the question was specifically about bigs, not sure...I will say that Rob made it a point to mention 3-4 times that Kessler is the only big guy “currently in the portal” that Tennessee is talking to, sounds like a couple potential names are likely out there that haven’t entered the portal.

Could be Rob wasn’t considering Gurley a big because the question was specifically about bigs, not sure...I will say that Rob made it a point to mention 3-4 times that Kessler is the only big guy “currently in the portal” that Tennessee is talking to, sounds like a couple potential names are likely out there that haven’t entered the portal.
N'Faly Dante

Reactions: Maxwell865
Is it permissible to talk to players who aren’t in the portal

VN Store

Back