Transfer Portal 22-23

I can see her allowing things to begin to come into focus. It’s when the game slows down for an individual and they can get into the zone, championships are won. Seeking the “it”.
I think it takes time for a Coach to put together their team, even though players in the portal are now a big part of recruiting. This team may be the best team Kellie has put together so far, and we know she is working right now on putting together teams in the future. Off season has become more exciting than ever.

I think it takes time for a Coach to put together their team, even though players in the portal are now a big part of recruiting. This team may be the best team Kellie has put together so far, and we know she is working right now on putting together teams in the future. Off season has become more exciting than ever.
No way in hell Phat envisioned this coming to fruition. Covid? Portal? NIL? He did have faith in a girl from Sparta raised up by one of the greats…

We lose Jordy and walker which were both huge contributors. BUT if you factor in the new recruits plus the fact we will have upperclassman who have grown/experienced tough play….this will be the best team we’ve put on the floor since the Ariel, burdick, Izzy, graves, and draya years. No doubt.

Trying to get the spelling right in my head - one L in JEWEL and an A in SPEAR. Not Jewell Speer. Tho I'm sure to muck it up many times.

Also, Wake Forest fans (all 5 of them) beat us to FEAR THE SPEAR a long time ago. It's still cool tho.

My thinking is were looking for one more player to play in the post. I don't think we want a roster over 12 and possibly Edie get a scholarship for the coming season. Fifteen is a really large roster and unless someone just falls in our lap I think we'll go 12 and that will be the team.

So it looks like Morrow will replace Williams and Van Lith for Morris. Then you have the freshman that is a really good player and Del Rosario. They have to be the favorite but not by much. Somebody is going to get them on the road and it just might be us. SC has to play at their place. We play them at home.

So it looks like Morrow will replace Williams and Van Lith for Morris. Then you have the freshman that is a really good player and Del Rosario. They have to be the favorite but not by much. Somebody is going to get them on the road and it just might be us. SC has to play at their place. We play them at home.

Barring injuries, your 2024 National Championship will go to either Baton Rouge or Storrs...

LSU is cashing them in with a lot of NIL were getting there as well. Going to be a bidding war going forward for some players. Normal recruiting will no longer be a factor. When your going up against Mulkey you better get that visit first and get that big offer in and not let them get to LSU.

Can't wait to see the platoons she comes up with next season...
Yes I will be curious as well. We need to stick with that starting unit a lot of the game roll in about three or four off the bench in the big games. Everyone should get to play when we encounter Tennessee Tech.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
LSU is cashing them in with a lot of NIL were getting there as well. Going to be a bidding war going forward for some players. Normal recruiting will no longer be a factor. When your going up against Mulkey you better get that visit first and get that big offer in and not let them get to LSU.

Yeah I think Dawn is behind on that. She’s still expecting them to just come to SC because they are good. That’s not all that matters at this point. The picture has changed a lot.

I don’t think SC will be as tough next season. Get Cardoso in a little foul trouble and they get small real fast. Lots of young players and most of their defense and scoring graduated.

Really interested to see what they are like next season. I don’t think Pao Pao is ready for the physicality of the SEC at all. TBH she never impressed me much at Oregon. Graves is one of the best PG coaches in the country and she just didn’t really grasp his concepts. Her assist numbers are meh compared to most of his PGs and she’s really not explosive.

Yeah I think Dawn is behind on that. She’s still expecting them to just come to SC because they are good. That’s not all that matters at this point. The picture has changed a lot.

I don’t think SC will be as tough next season. Get Cardoso in a little foul trouble and they get small real fast. Lots of young players and most of their defense and scoring graduated.

Really interested to see what they are like next season. I don’t think Pao Pao is ready for the physicality of the SEC at all. TBH she never impressed me much at Oregon. Graves is one of the best PG coaches in the country and she just didn’t really grasp his concepts. Her assist numbers are meh compared to most of his PGs and she’s really not explosive.
They still looking at that big post that I would like to have at Tennessee. I think she will be a big help to them. Sakima Walker. I think she can play in the SEC.

They still looking at that big post that I would like to have at Tennessee. I think she will be a big help to them. Sakima Walker. I think she can play in the SEC.

She’s got size but isn’t very physical. Would be a gamble I think. Didn’t show much in her first two seasons but Rutgers has been a mess the last few years.

Stringer is a legend but should have retired 4 seasons ago she really bombed the program trying to hang on.

VN Store

Back