Transfer Portal 22-23

In my eyes Justine Transferring to Vandy our in state rival after stating she wanted to be "closer to home in NJ for personal reasons" is just as bad as Evina Westbrook going to UCONN with her famous "Sorry not Sorry" neither gets sympathy from me ever. Cheer Justine on lol hell no good riddance
Is JP quoted saying she wanted to be closer to home or is it assumed she wanted to be closer to home. She was pretty silent in what she was doing, unless I missed a direct quote.
No. Until today, Justine has not made one peep publically since entering the portal. "Closer to home" is made up, and holding that against her is just as silly and unfair as the overblown quote from Evina.
I also think they are throwing some low key shade at the other programs who play dirty
More than playing dirty, I think they're throwing shade at coaches who constantly self aggrandize and seek publicity everytime they blink. KJH is just workmanlike, just like she was as a player. Doesn't go for alot of crap and jingle.

Last edited:
No. Until today, Justine has not made one peep publically since entering the portal. "Closer to home" is made up, and holding that against her is just as silly and unfair as the overblown quote from Evina.

More than playing dirty, I think their throwing shade at coaches who constantly self aggrandize and seek publicity everytime they blink. KJH is just workmanlike, just like she was as a player. Doesn't go for alot of crap and jingle.
Overall we need to go to bat for our current players the way people here are going to bat for Justine the rival transfer . If you want to praise her and wish her so much success then become commodore fans this is strictly LV territory lol we do not care about Shae Ralph and no longer about Justine.

Overall we need to go to bat for our current players the way people here are going to bat for Justine the rival transfer . If you want to praise her and wish her so much success then become commodore fans this is strictly LV territory lol we do not care about Shae Ralph and no longer about Justine.
Bully for you. You do you. But please don't tell everyone else what to post.

That’s what I thought as well. Seemed like an unnecessary bash at kid doing what’s best for her. That’s why I wanted to give the chance to present a quote.

Is JP quoted saying she wanted to be closer to home or is it assumed she wanted to be closer to home. She was pretty silent in what she was doing, unless I missed a direct quote.

No she didn't comment. The board "insiders" were insisting she would never leave, yet here we are. Speculation was some conditions must have changed... a better transfer from the portal poised to commit and take her place (false), moving closer to home in the wake of the situation with her grandfather (false).

Again, if anyone who paid attention last season is surprised by this, that's 100% on you...

No she didn't comment. The board "insiders" were insisting she would never leave, yet here we are. Speculation was some conditions must have changed... a better transfer from the portal poised to commit and take her place (false), moving closer to home in the wake of the situation with her grandfather (false).

Again, if anyone who paid attention last season is surprised by this, that's 100% on you...
anyone who watched shouldn’t be surprised she left.

Reactions: Raebo
I watched and my surprise is that JP was rated so highly out of high school. She is physically far, far behind SEC level. Apparently playing time on a bottom dweller team won out over a successful season. Just hope it's her decision and not her parents'.

I watched and my surprise is that JP was rated so highly out of high school. She is physically far, far behind SEC level. Apparently playing time on a bottom dweller team won out over a successful season. Just hope it's her decision and not her parents'.
The perks of the brand, she got an extra bump once she committed. If I recall correctly she was around the 30 ranking prior to her committing. Her original rank might have been more on par than her reranking.

It seems/feels like the LVs are very intentional about who they want on the team. We appear to be casting a smaller net than some schools. I actually appreciate this kind of strategy. It lets the current roster breathe, feel needed, and stay motivated while also filling voids. If I’m a top player moving to Knox I’d like to know they would value me and not just grab people out of the portal for the sake of doing it. Classy approach and truly represents a culture of doing things the right way. Pat would be proud.

It seems/feels like the LVs are very intentional about who they want on the team. We appear to be casting a smaller net than some schools. I actually appreciate this kind of strategy. It lets the current roster breathe, feel needed, and stay motivated while also filling voids. If I’m a top player moving to Knox I’d like to know they would value me and not just grab people out of the portal for the sake of doing it. Classy approach and truly represents a culture of doing things the right way. Pat would be proud.
I don’t know if that’s the case, I did notice our coaches was following a few top players after they entered the portal, so do u think the coaches decided they did’t want them, or the players decided to go to other schools?

Reactions: DueTail

VN Store

Back