Transfer Portal 22-23

Not even sure what this means. Not sure how Rickea coming relates to Justine going. But I'm pretty damn sure the consensus when RJ came was us very, very happy, and again when she stayed. Big happy. Pretty easy call.
In my eyes Justine Transferring to Vandy our in state rival after stating she wanted to be "closer to home in NJ for personal reasons" is just as bad as Evina Westbrook going to UCONN with her famous "Sorry not Sorry" neither gets sympathy from me ever. Cheer Justine on lol hell no good riddance

LMAO Easy call omg okay ill agree to disagree with you on this one , the receipts are in a thread named "Rickea Jackson" with about 500 pages of brutal insults and chemistry accusations of her character but yeah alright . Heck posters even insulted Jordy when she was here at times earlier in her career. Remember the insults about TK's lashes this season as well . Come on just be fair.
Sorry, your post confused me. I thought you were talking about transfers, when RJ transferred in. Of course she got it bad when she got suspended, tho fairly mild compared to her Miss St "fans". And yep, the lashes, Jordy's t.o.s, all got raked over the coals around here. It's a sports fan forum and that's what happens. Fortunately, there's another LV fan forum where it's not allowed. You might enjoy that more.

In my eyes Justine Transferring to Vandy our in state rival after stating she wanted to be "closer to home in NJ for personal reasons" is just as bad as Evina Westbrook going to UCONN with her famous "Sorry not Sorry" neither gets sympathy from me ever. Cheer Justine on lol hell no good riddance
Is JP quoted saying she wanted to be closer to home or is it assumed she wanted to be closer to home. She was pretty silent in what she was doing, unless I missed a direct quote.

Reactions: Raebo and mcannon1
Rickea’s coming back may have influenced Justine’s decision, which is understandable. For her, everyone she played behind last year, would still be here.

As a fan, I envisioned so much potential from Justine. She could shoot 3’s, maybe she could create and shoot from anywhere, at 6’4, maybe she could help under the basket and rebound, and I saw quickness in her passes, but turbo is right when he says she came with a limited skill set. Her shots didn’t fall, there were turnovers, and all the potential I still feel she has, didn’t show up for her as a Freshman.

I know Kellie develops players, and I feel Justine would have benefited from staying, but I can understand her wanting to play more. The “It’s time to shock the world” part of Justine’s announcement did feel like the “Sorry, not sorry” from another transfer, so I wish Justine well, but never when she plays our Lady Vols.

Uh, I'm going to need some specific examples of "...Kellie develops players". That's one of my biggest criticisms of her and her staff,

Uh, I'm going to need some specific examples of "...Kellie develops players". That's one of my biggest criticisms of her and her staff,
Really hard to say who gets credit but Striplin and Hollinghead were both far better by seasons end than when it started. Rickea Jackson had the best year of her career. Horston was better than when she started. Powell started getting better there in the last few games of the season. I don't know who you give credit to, but all five of those players were better than they had been anytime before. Darby has definitely improved from almost nothing as a freshman to a 40 percent shooter from the three last year. Not giving credit to anyone just know all these players got better than they were after the season started.

Really hard to say who gets credit but Striplin and Hollinghead were both far better by seasons end than when it started. Rickea Jackson had the best year of her career. Horston was better than when she started. Powell started getting better there in the last few games of the season. I don't know who you give credit to, but all five of those players were better than they had been anytime before. Darby has definitely improved from almost nothing as a freshman to a 40 percent shooter from the three last year. Not giving credit to anyone just know all these players got better than they were after the season started.
Rickea did what she’s always done. Jordan was more of a mental thing. Powell was just trying to learn a new system as a pg. I’m sure both player and coaches played a part. That’s usually how it works.

ALL of THIS! We have shown the ability to make most players better. No doubt with that fact.

We said the same thing for this past season. So I will definitely not go into next season with those expectations ion care who we get. Lol I’m just going to let this next season play out.
I didn’t say that last season, I said in the beginning that our roster was very flawed. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to make the final four, but we will have the talent. But that’s if we get both of them, which I don’t know if that’s happening yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
We said the same thing for this past season. So I will definitely not go into next season with those expectations ion care who we get. Lol I’m just going to let this next season play out.
Yes we need to see a game or two before we start talking about how great we are. I do like the fact that they seem to be addressing some weaknesses we had turnovers and three point shooting. Every player they have brought in thus far has been low turnover and both have really nice three point shots. We will see who we have today and if it further addresses these needs.

I didn’t say that last season, I said in the beginning that our roster was very flawed. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to make the final four, but we will have the talent. But that’s if we get both of them, which I do t know if that’s happening yet.
Without injuries and departures it was Final Four team! It’s just hard to overcome those things with the number 1 rated schedule.

I didn’t say that last season, I said in the beginning that our roster was very flawed. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to make the final four, but we will have the talent. But that’s if we get both of them, which I do t know if that’s happening yet.
Deep breath. It doesn’t take a boom to get ya stirred up. I can imagine you bouncing off the walls today! 😏

VN Store

Back