Transfer Portal 22-23

This isn’t true in the least.

Based on recent promotional videos and social media posts it appears none of them are going anywhere. Pissott loves Kea and is pumped to play with her.

Sarah is the same and her promo video recently made it clear she loves being a Lady Vol.

It seems the only player on the fence is Powell.

That wouldn't make sense. Powell would have to sit out a year.

Pissott would do well to copy some of Jackson's moves. Combine Pissott's deep shot with Jackson's smooth fadeaway and you would really have something - maybe a female version of Dirk.

Pissott would do well to copy some of Jackson's moves. Combine Pissott's deep shot with Jackson's smooth fadeaway and you would really have something - maybe a female version of Dirk.

Yep that’s what I said a week or so ago. Really hope Pissott is watching Jackson. She does her work early and then rises over the defender. Pissott doesn’t quite have those hops but she has more size.

If Pissott can learn to score in the paint she will be a total offensive threat. With her 3 point shooting and size she is bound to be a real problem for teams. Needs to hit the weights and the lunchroom this summer.

I think Powell would be eligible as a grad transfer and would be able to transfer again without sitting out.

It's not cruel to say a player might be of better value somewhere else, it's a fact. Noone wants to sit the bench for 4 years, right?

It’s cruel and also not something that can be done. A coach cannot ask a player to transfer so there is no need for throwing around crap like that.

Reactions: lvocd
The thing that is missing here about factors related to Jordy's decision next year is that she probably is the most committed team player we have. She also seems so close to Key and Rickea. If we don't make it to the Final 4 this year, I think these factors may be even
More salient!

As a parent…… I would love my kid on scholarship to sit the bench at Stanford, Duke , even Vandy ! What an education![/QUOT Not me at V
andy for sure. My daughter got a three year medical fellowship and attended for one year and could not stand the dam liberalism and stupid catering to those groups that only see blue. Best move giving it up she ever made!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Delle Donne is the female version of dirk imo, if she can develop into her then I’d be very happy!

Last edited:
As a parent…… I would love my kid on scholarship to sit the bench at Stanford, Duke , even Vandy ! What an education!
It’s cruel and also not something that can be done. A coach cannot ask a player to transfer so there is no need for throwing around crap like that.
You obviously don't know basketball bc a coach can and they do ask or maybe make a suggestion to move on. Scholarships are on a yearly basis and you must not understand the definition of cruel bc nothing I said was such

Yeah I think it’s one thing to speculate on who MIGHT transfer. But to outright say some players “need to leave” is just cruel.
Yet you say players in other programs will transfer and to mark your words. You come across as a huge bully on this site just so you know and obviously you don’t care or actually know. Kisses.

You obviously don't know basketball bc a coach can and they do ask or maybe make a suggestion to move on. Scholarships are on a yearly basis and you must not understand the definition of cruel bc nothing I said was such
Also if you can better the team with better players then you go get them

Not being funny or anything I’m watching USC VS S DAKOTA STATE what is going on with koi love she’s barely getting any minutes and is averaging 2.8 a game. What a huge downgrade from her freshman season at Vandy I wonder will she transfer again.?

I wish Striplin and Pissott would team up for off season conditioning. I have never been as impressed with a players work ethic than I have been with Striplin. She wants to be the best College player her body skills and assets will allow her to be. Pissott has all the intangibles to be an All American if she could follow Striplins work ethic and mental mindset she can do it. Oh yeah we need a high level portal pg for next year. Powell needs help, much easier to teach off guard to a pg and sheer effort can make her a lock down defender on the perimeter. As far as losing Horston when she was injured and off the court the drop off was dramatic. I really do believe RJ can improve her perimeter game and we have enough top tier talent to compete at a high level with RJ playing predominantly outside as a wing. A very good off guard with athleticism with less length will not be as big a drop off with RJ on the floor. If Jill bulks up she will be a monster and she can play the 4 when needed. Puckett needs to become more athletic, how do you do that? Yoga, Dance lessons drills I have no idea and I have nothing

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
I wish Striplin and Pissott would team up for off season conditioning. I have never been as impressed with a players work ethic than I have been with Striplin. She wants to be the best College player her body skills and assets will allow her to be. Pissott has all the intangibles to be an All American if she could follow Striplins work ethic and mental mindset she can do it. Oh yeah we need a high level portal pg for next year. Powell needs help, much easier to teach off guard to a pg and sheer effort can make her a lock down defender on the perimeter. As far as losing Horston when she was injured and off the court the drop off was dramatic. I really do believe RJ can improve her perimeter game and we have enough top tier talent to compete at a high level with RJ playing predominantly outside as a wing. A very good off guard with athleticism with less length will not be as big a drop off with RJ on the floor. If Jill bulks up she will be a monster and she can play the 4 when needed. Puckett needs to become more athletic, how do you do that? Yoga, Dance lessons drills I have no idea and I have nothing

The threesome of Striplin, Bucketts, and Tess spent last summer in a workout program together. It has shown up in their play.

Yes, I agree. Pissott will be a fine player once she adds body mass and strength. She has the frame to carry another 25 pounds of pure muscle.

The threesome of Striplin, Bucketts, and Tess spent last summer in a workout program together. It has shown up in their play.

Yes, I agree. Pissott will be a fine player once she adds body mass and strength. She has the frame to carry another 25 pounds of pure muscle.
She is now in pretty good physical condition. It will be difficult for her to add 25 lbs of muscle. Females do/can not gain muscle mass as easily as males. What she needs is more playing time in practice and games where we have a nice lead. She has the ability and game to star when she gets the opportunity to show it.

She is now in pretty good physical condition. It will be difficult for her to add 25 lbs of muscle. Females do/can not gain muscle mass as easily as males. What she needs is more playing time in practice and games where we have a nice lead. She has the ability and game to star when she gets the opportunity to show it.

If she stays in her current skiney shape, the good teams will be knocking her down faster than a Duke flopper.

Gotta bulk up to run with the big gurls.

Reactions: glv98
Ok Ok....I concede the point.

I will trust Justine to make the right decisions on where her fitness level needs to be for 30+ minutes/game of playing time next year.

Whatever helps her to hit about 42% from 3-ball line.

I think you have another one on the bench in Justine which would help as long as she continues to develop her all around game. I think you go get another PG out the portal, another shooter/scorer and another post. We know we have two scholarships with Franklin and walker leaving. But i have a feeling Jesse won't come back and Marta may stay home. Then Jordy has to make a decision. I do not think any of the other players leave but there is always that but i hope they stay and improve !
I think Jesse us done,no more years left..

VN Store

Back