Transfer Portal 22-23

Trust me, the actual education is NO better than Tennessee at Sanford or Duke! Perhaps the prestige is better. Perhaps the social networking is better.

You get teaching assistants at big state schools. I'm not sure that's the case at Stanford or other prestigious colleges, and they have smaller classes as well.What's more, you stand a better chance of getting into a top graduate school if you've got an undergraduate degree from a top school. Certainly the networking would be better. That's not to say that you can't get a good education at state schools---you certainly can.

Madison Bartley (6-3 JR forward, Kettering, OH) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Belmont WBB; 2022-23 stats: 14.1 PPG, 5.1 RPG; first-team All-MVC

Will be a nice pickup for someone

I don't suppose Destinee Wells might join her in the portal and move a couple of hours east... ?

Reactions: djtee
You get teaching assistants at big state schools. I'm not sure that's the case at Stanford or other prestigious colleges, and they have smaller classes as well.What's more, you stand a better chance of getting into a top graduate school if you've got an undergraduate degree from a top school. Certainly the networking would be better. That's not to say that you can't get a good education at state schools---you certainly can.
All true…and the quality of the overall teaching staff at Ivy League schools is tops in the country, including Stanford, Cal Berkeley, Duke etc. Look at the resume’s of their faculty and in many instances the National and International awards of many of them, including Noble prizes etc…..it’s no contest really. Many of them write the course books used across the country. But it’s true you can get a great education almost anywhere if you really go after it.

All true…and the quality of the overall teaching staff at Ivy League schools is tops in the country, including Stanford, Cal Berkeley, Duke etc. Look at the resume’s of their faculty and in many instances the National and International awards of many of them, including Noble prizes etc…..it’s no contest really. Many of them write the course books used across the country. But it’s true you can get a great education almost anywhere if you really go after it.

But frequently, if not usually, those faculty members with the highest credentials don’t teach classes. They spend their time researching, supervising research, writing and supervising the grad assistants who teach the undergrad classes. If they do teach an occasional class, it is usually a grad level class. There are few great lecturers these days.

The drive, motivation and competitiveness of the students who are admitted insures that they get a good education from the grad assistants - who are elite themselves.

But frequently, if not usually, those faculty members with the highest credentials don’t teach classes. They spend their time researching, supervising research, writing and supervising the grad assistants who teach the undergrad classes. If they do teach an occasional class, it is usually a grad level class. There are few great lecturers these days.

The drive, motivation and competitiveness of the students who are admitted insures that they get a good education from the grad assistants - who are elite themselves.
I’m a little partial, I attended a school in that grouping.

Based on Harper's excellent history with the use of the portal, it would be a solid bet she has a few solid prospects lined up to fill the LV's needs for next season....

It is a given we will need another point guard.....Preferably one that can shoot the outside ball and drive the lane too.

No one truly knows, except maybe Harper, what Horston is going to do...No one on this roster can do what she does, so if needed, a dynamic ball hawk type player will be needed too.

If possible, some more talented height in the post would be nice too...

Looks like she's working on that list right now....LOL
USATSI_13459856.jpg

I'd like a young post who doesn't mind waiting. Mostly watching next yr, then assumming back up duties the next during Strip/Jill's Sr yr.

Also I'll take that one more magical guard (2 if JH goes), who has some experience but w at least a couple of years left.

Then I'm good!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Based on Harper's excellent history with the use of the portal, it would be a solid bet she has a few solid prospects lined up to fill the LV's needs for next season....

It is a given we will need another point guard.....Preferably one that can shoot the outside ball and drive the lane too.

No one truly knows, except maybe Harper, what Horston is going to do...No one on this roster can do what she does, so if needed, a dynamic ball hawk type player will be needed too.

If possible, some more talented height in the post would be nice too...

Looks like she's working on that list right now....LOL
USATSI_13459856.jpg
Any point guard we get also has to be able to play man defense if we want to beat USCe.

Kiki Jefferson (6-1 SR wing, Lancaster, PA) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of James Madison WBB; 2022-23 stats: 18.3 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 2.9 APG; Sun Belt Player of the Year

Someone will be getting a very good player that can flat out ball 17pts in the lost to Ohio State in the first round

VN Store

Back