Transfer Portal 22-23

Maybe she is just willing to redshirt. Or she has a legit waiver reason. Anyway… is there a chance we look at her we need a young forward (22 or 23 class) don’t know much about her
I doubt we would looking to add to a 2024 class and having nine players returning and already one committed and looking like we should get three more at least. I would think we should still be looking for someone that could play immediately. If she has a waiver and coaches think she could help guess they will look.

I doubt we would looking to add to a 2024 class and having nine players returning and already one committed and looking like we should get three more at least. I would think we should still be looking for someone that could play immediately. If she has a waiver and coaches think she could help guess they will look.
We’re definitely not looking for immediate girls. She would effectively be a 2023… which we have no one just couldn’t play this year

Strange to enter the portal now as you have to sit a season to play. Evidently it was a tough decision to make that it took her this long. Maybe she had help making it by the coach. Just weird to wait until you won't be eligible to enter.
She was a 3 star prospect who was a complete prospect. Prob waited until after the White House visit to do it. Hope she gets playing time somewhere. It wouldn’t have happened at lsu.

Tough decision. Not tough if your philosophy is to grab every good player you can get, chemistry be damned. But I don't think that's KJH philosophy and this would be a direct recruit over Destinee Wells. Cooper is most likely leaving SC over playing time so probably wouldn't be any happier sitting the bench here than she was at SC.

Is Nyla Brooks a PG and does she arrive next year?

good question, I didn't think of that. I guess she would sit due to getting in this late. So makes it an easier decision since her first yr would be Wells' last. Let's get her!
She would have to sit without a waiver of some sort. Wasn't we her second choice? I would love to see her come here even if she has to sit a season.

She was a 3 star prospect who was a complete prospect. Prob waited until after the White House visit to do it. Hope she gets playing time somewhere. It wouldn’t have happened at lsu.
She was most definitely not a 3 star. She was a 5 star in all rankings. Taylasia was #4 guard in the country and #18 overall.

Bad shooter, I would not take Cooper unless her 2022 shooting #s were anomalies. Maybe she was shooting with the wrong hand?

2-Pointers Made23
2-Pointers Attempted51
2-Point %45.1%

3-Pointers Made5
3-Pointers Attempted21
3-Point %23.8%

Free Throws Made8
Free Throws Attempted21
Free Throw %38.1%

Tough decision. Not tough if your philosophy is to grab every good player you can get, chemistry be damned. But I don't think that's KJH philosophy and this would be a direct recruit over Destinee Wells. Cooper is most likely leaving SC over playing time so probably wouldn't be any happier sitting the bench here than she was at SC.

Is Nyla Brooks a PG and does she arrive next year?
I see Cooper playing in a position like Horston played for us, she is 6 foot she plays D, rebounds and she can be off the ball, a stat stuffer and she would not have to control the game but she can still pass from being off the ball like Jordan did.

I see Cooper playing in a position like Horston played for us, she is 6 foot she plays D, rebounds and she can be off the ball, a stat stuffer and she would not have to control the game but she can still pass from being off the ball like Jordan did.
often a player's numbers more reflect the environment they were in rather than the ability they have....I would take Coop in a heartbeat

Bad shooter, I would not take Cooper unless her 2022 shooting #s were anomalies. Maybe she was shooting with the wrong hand?

2-Pointers Made23
2-Pointers Attempted51
2-Point %45.1%

3-Pointers Made5
3-Pointers Attempted21
3-Point %23.8%

Free Throws Made8
Free Throws Attempted21
Free Throw %38.1%
Probably just a little nervous when she would get on the court wanting to play well. The 45 percent from the two is fine. Really not enough attempts to get a good reading on any of the stats. As far as her athleticism and ability I think you would certainly want a player like her on your team. I think her high school stats were far better just getting in a rhythm of playing is difficult for a player playing just a few minutes. You can look at Justine's numbers for us sure she is better than the stats she put up in limited playing time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back