Transfer Portal 21-22

If they get Owusu, which in thinking they might, they will be very tough.

I think Reese could be headed to LSU.

And I actually don’t think Baylor did that well. Van Gytenbeek is a good passer and has a nice shot but she lacks the athleticism to be an elite guard at a high level.

I maintain that Blackwell/Edwards. Is a HUGE experiment and we will have to see how that goes. They essentially play the same position so could end up taking minutes from one another. They look all Buddy Buddy now, but if it comes to that I doubt their friendship sustains.

Looks like Collen is trying to play more “postionless” because at this point they have no center. Unless Egbo is returning?

I have a feeling they have a big drop off this season. I said that last year, and they did struggle, but down the stretch Smith carried them. I think she had a strong personal desire to prove that staying wasn’t a mistake. Didn’t seem like team buy in as much as it was individual players doing it for their own reasons.
Queen Egbo actually played today for the Fever against the Sky in preseason. Scored 15 pts and 10 rebs!

Never and sadly about three maybe four of them not going to be very happy by next seasons end. It is a battle for playing time and every position is loaded as far as I am concerned so you better be getting better cause no one can play 15 any reasonable minutes.
That’s incorrect. We’ve had a 15 player roster three different times, 1983, 2000, and 2004. We’ve also had 14 player rosters on numerous occasions as well. Large rosters aren’t unusual at Tennessee, even though Pat said she preferred no more than 12.

She’ll no doubt have a Tennessee Hope Scholarship (pretty close to full ride) plus other scholarships funds. She’s a smarty.

I have watched a lot of film of this little lady....She is very fast, and nickels to donuts, she gets her scholarship after this upcoming season...The girl can shoot the deep ball...

Defense is good and necessary, but scoring points wins games now...A bias ref can destroy a good defensive team, but no ref can stop the 3 ball.
10888966.jpg

Oh Dam.. She can play with Vanderbilt without going through the Walk-on

Bro, UT is her dream school and she gets to play with her sister. I can't see into their pockets nor would i try but since she did have some scholarship offers i am sure her family was prepared and they discussed this move. I am also sure having one daughter on a full ride helps. Lastly, while she is not on a bball scholarship that doesn't mean she is not on some sort of other scholarship(s) that can help with the cost of of school.

I have watched a lot of film of this little lady....She is very fast, and nickels to donuts, she gets her scholarship after this upcoming season...The girl can shoot the deep ball...

Defense is good and necessary, but scoring points wins games now...A bias ref can destroy a good defensive team, but no ref can stop the 3 ball.
10888966.jpg

She def has a shot and i do believe she will be on one by her senior year. Maybe not next year but who knows. I can tell you this with the top 20 talent that will be visiting in the next couple of weeks and over the summer their are going to be some great guards coming thru if they commit and she will have the chance to prove what she can do against them.

She def has a shot and i do believe she will be on one by her senior year. Maybe not next year but who knows. I can tell you this with the top 20 talent that will be visiting in the next couple of weeks and over the summer their are going to be some great guards coming thru if they commit and she will have the chance to prove what she can do against them.

Excellent points my friend, excellent points.

I'm in total agreement there are a lot of talented guards, just over the horizon, that are looking at our program with admiring eyes...

The girl that just visited here, Olson, looks very, very good...Madi Hawk looks like a 3 point demon too, and would be a real asset to any team....

As long as Coach Kellie is the head Lady Vol, the rest of the league cannot take us lightly anymore...

Something Wicked this Way Comes...
A1SummittObit-AEN-VN-062916-ph16

Last edited:
She’ll no doubt have a Tennessee Hope Scholarship (pretty close to full ride) plus other scholarships funds. She’s a smarty.

HOPE is nowhere close to full ride. It’s only $1,750 a semester your first couple of years, and then your last two years it is $2,250 a semester.

Her dad is also a state representative, so she’ll get a 25% discount on tuition

Either way, not a full ride. In-state tuition is over $13k a year for the average full time student. So after the discount, it would be $4,875 a semester. I also edited my post. HOPE is only $1.75k a semester your first two years.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Oh Dam.. She can play with Vanderbilt without going through the Walk-on
She had some offers to play on scholarship wanted Tennessee. I think both Middle Tennessee, UT Martin, and a few other schools had offered her. I don't think she will be in any kind of financial bind and think we'll get to see her play a few minutes sometime during the season.

Bro, UT is her dream school and she gets to play with her sister. I can't see into their pockets nor would i try but since she did have some scholarship offers i am sure her family was prepared and they discussed this move. I am also sure having one daughter on a full ride helps. Lastly, while she is not on a bball scholarship that doesn't mean she is not on some sort of other scholarship(s) that can help with the cost of of school.

Got it. Make sense

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back