Transfer Portal 21-22

You don’t win championships without knowing how to coach talent. If that’s the case Holly should’ve had a few herself.
Regardless of a coach's skill, there will be some players she doesn't know how to coach. In my post, I wrote that Dawn either doesn't want to coach Rivers or can't. Dawn even discussed in an interview having to change the way she coaches for Rivers. Apparently, it didn't work for whatever reasons.

Reactions: Rickster
There is a difference between confidence (Lady Vols coaches and players) and arrogance. Dawn dances, Dawn claims she is the first to send pieces of championship net to other Black head coaches (Pashen Thompson, a Lady Vol, did it first by sending a piece of the Lady Vols' championship net to Carolyn Peck), Dawn puts up an attendance banner, Dawn puts up a statue, Dawn is the first REAL D1 Black head coach ( :) ). She really tries too hard.

Don't forget the "ranked #1 in the last poll before COVID" banner.

Miss St transfer Myah Taylor to Ole Miss. That’s a good pick up for them.

Not really considering they have about 10 players 5’9” and under lol. Seriously, if they do not find a post and some forwards that can play they are in trouble.

Snudda Collins listed at what appears to be a very generous 6’1” (more like 5’10”) and 105lbs in the biggest player at the moment lol.

Not really considering they have about 10 players 5’9” and under lol. Seriously, if they do not find a post and some forwards that can play they are in trouble.

Snudda Collins listed at what appears to be a very generous 6’1” (more like 5’10”) and 105lbs in the biggest player at the moment lol.
With Myah and the freshman that’s coming in that makes 8 on their roster 👀

With Myah and the freshman that’s coming in that makes 8 on their roster 👀

Hyperbole for dramatic effect. Just don’t get it. She has zero size and keeps recruiting over guards on her team already.

She’s going to absolutely kill her high school recruiting doing this. Why would you ever want to go play for someone that is going to constantly recruit over players?

She doesn’t do a very good job developing players. Always looking for something better than what she’s got which seems to be resulting in increased transfers. You cannot build a winning team like that if you ask me. The portal is great but you’ve got to develop the players you already have as well.

Karen Aston is now the coach there (along with former Texas players Jamie Carey and Empress Davenport). She always was one of the best recruiters...

Yeah, if only she could coach lol….

I think it’s an interesting move. Have heard some of the transfers talking about getting together at a mid-major. They could have a pretty good team next season.

Wow huge surprise that a top freshman out of the Pac 12 chose that school to play. So many power fives that would've loved to have her. I guess she wanted a less stressful setting.

Not that this is what happened here, but it made me think about how many portal players may not have coaches lining up to take them off the market. There are so many kids looking for a better fit that it seems inevitable that some will either have to crawl back to their current program or end up some place they are less than thrilled to be going to. Hopefully that won't be the case for anyone and everyone will end up in a spot they're much happier in, but I do think it's a pretty big gamble for the majority of kids.

Editing to say that there could end up being quite a few "panic commits" as time goes on if these players' preferred choices don't come through. Not sure how long it'll take, but at some point kids may start feeling like they'd better go with a less desirable offer rather than risk not getting to play ANYwhere if they wait too long. Some of those kids could end up even less happy in their new spot -- IF they do get a new spot.

Last edited:
Just curious. Has anyone heard any rumors about where Kentucky's Dre'una Edwards, Jaz Massengill and Treasure Hunt are shopping themselves to?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Karen Aston is now the coach there (along with former Texas players Jamie Carey and Empress Davenport). She always was one of the best recruiters...

Great recruiter but couldn’t coach her way out of a paper bag. A lot like Holly, except she was probably a better recruiter but somehow a worse coach.

VN Store

Back