Transfer Portal 21-22

But there are scholarships available for both. It's not an either/or situation. Hopefully there are some good post players interested, but I can't imagine saying no to someone like Saniya if she wants to come to Tennessee.

I keep thinking about that sweet, sweet jumpshot and the elevation she gets. She didn't make many shots this year but it could have been because she was pressing. Hopefully she'll go into her sophomore season more relaxed and confident. Like you, I believe Rivers could be a star. Sure would love for that to come while wearing Tennessee orange.

I keep thinking about that sweet, sweet jumpshot and the elevation she gets. She didn't make many shots this year but it could have been because she was pressing. Hopefully she'll go into her sophomore season more relaxed and confident. Like you, I believe Rivers could be a star. Sure would love for that to come while wearing Tennessee orange.
It's such a smooth, effortless motion that she can get off whenever she chooses, with a high release. The shot looks great coming out of her hands...until she misses everything with it. My personal opinion is that she had super high expectations for herself as a freshman, and crumbled under the pressure. If she just plays without overthinking, then she'll probably look more like the player that was the NPOY coming out of HS.

That was a "World Exposure Basketball Report" tweet...the same ones who brought us "Owasu and Reese to SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They're about as trustworthy as a Magic 8-Ball.
A lot better source than that one is saying SC and one other school which they did not name.

To Me 1 for 33 from 3 isn’t elite guard she is an athletic guard but to me she’s about as good as Wynn defensive type player more than offensive based on there freshman season..
I think Dawn played her in a position Saniya wasn’t comfortable with. And she didn’t play much, so I would give her some time. With the right coach, she’ll improve.

But there are scholarships available for both. It's not an either/or situation. Hopefully there are some good post players interested, but I can't imagine saying no to someone like Saniya if she wants to come to Tennessee.
Yes, and also, Kellie has said she wants a faster team. She wants a big, but she’s not going to compromise the direction she’s taking the team.

She is an elite guard, but wonder how she gets to play next season very much? Were in need of post players much more.
Again, we have roster space for a post. Second, I believe the selling point here is that Saniya would get 12 to 15 minutes next season, along with additional development and seasoning, and that she would be primed to be the LVs two guard or small forward of the future, beginning in 2023. The big question is whether Saniya would buy that long-term plan.

We need a post. Rivers doesn’t give us that.

But we also know that we are most likely having some posts visit in the coming weeks as well. What Rivers would give is another athletic guard to help cushion the jojo/jordy/rickea blow to help out Wynn and miles along with Darby squared when you look at it like that it's not such a bad idea.

I don't know if it will happen but what i do know of the coaches know we need another post lol so im sure they r addressing it .. excited to see who will we draw interest from

Again, we have roster space for a post. Second, I believe the selling point here is that Saniya would get 12 to 15 minutes next season, along with additional development and seasoning, and that she would be primed to be the LVs two guard or small forward of the future, beginning in 2023. The big question is whether Saniya would buy that long-term plan.
Yes because after next season this roster is wide open for playing time

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
To Me 1 for 33 from 3 isn’t elite guard she is an athletic guard but to me she’s about as good as Wynn defensive type player more than offensive based on there freshman season..

She was a national player of the year. She may not have been elite this year but the potential is there and with kellie getting the most out of her players this could be a great pick up if it happened.

Certainly didn't live up to her number three ranking in the 2021 class to this point.

If Kellie can get a reputation of taking players with very raw offensive skills like Rae, Wynn and Rivers, and refining them, then she will have a huge advantage in recruiting. That is really hard to do. Most of it is on the player and their willingness to work. But the coach lays out the program and gives feedback to help them along.

It's such a smooth, effortless motion that she can get off whenever she chooses, with a high release. The shot looks great coming out of her hands...until she misses everything with it. My personal opinion is that she had super high expectations for herself as a freshman, and crumbled under the pressure. If she just plays without overthinking, then she'll probably look more like the player that was the NPOY coming out of HS.

I agree 100%.

Given her level of natural athleticism, I also have to wonder if she might be one of those kids who aren't accustomed to having to work really hard, and so maybe didn't get into the gym just to put up shot after shot after shot. The players who hit the most shots are always the ones who shoot the most shots on their own time. The ones who shoot airballs are usually the ones who are either physically tired or under-practiced.

IF it's just a matter of her needing to get serious about her game and she does start soon to spend a big part of her free time shooting, she will blossom quickly.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back