Transfer Portal 21-22

If the news about Saunders in the portal is true, it seems almost a certainty that Kellie will have to bring in another big...

Yeah, it's a bit tough to swallow the assertion that four members of a top recruiting class are all leaving due to "being soft."
3, not 4, none of whom have come close to living up to their recruiting ratings (and not just those on Hoopgurlz).

(As an aside, it's easy to see where Sabrina comes from; she'd probably say something similar if she were reckless enough to put it on social media. And, of course, another father--Watson's--has responded.)

The 3 arrived as a group, having been friends before coming west, and Parrish, who was the first commit, worked hard to bring Scherr and Watson with her. At the time, I thought that was a nice story; now, I'm not so sure, since it created sort of a circle within a circle. (One reason, according to some, that Angela Dugalic left last year.) In any case, the group exit is not a complete surprise and I believe that Oregon will ultimately be the better for it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
All this high school recruiting and portal activity is overwhelming to me. :eek: I don't know how you folks who are close followers can take the drama of it year after year. It takes all kinds, of course, but lawdy ... I can't take it! 😵‍💫

Wake me up when it's over and I'll figure out how I feel about it then. 🤣

Why wouldn't Raven start? She'll be healed by the time the season starts, and has had the benefit of being with the program for a full year even if she wasn't playing. Or if Russell can't start as a junior, why is she even still on the team?

Russell is erratic and gets very little PT. I wouldn't be surprised if she transfers. Dawn has started very few freshmen at PG. Having missed most of the year Raven may not be ready for prime time. Henny and Saxton both have a COVID year so they could return but I doubt Henny will. A lot depends on the next two games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amb3096
We were needing a post player regardless and any other situation and hopefully a person with at least two seasons of eligibility. For the most part I think the way you need to play the portal is always try to secure players with at least two seasons of eligibility because they can't transfer again without sitting out and you don't want to see a bare roster and have to depend on freshmen in any season. You can now actually use the portal as you class if you find players with more than one year to play. Depending on who we get in 2023 high school recruiting looks like the portal could be the place we could and will sometimes need to be the way we solve roster problems.

VN Store

Back