Transfer Portal 21-22

Does Vic jump all over this? She’s from Texas so could be an easy sell
I'm betting on Washington see how it turns out. She put up great numbers at Rice don't know how that would go with a team that plays a tough power five schedule. I think that is where she is headed so we'll probably find out.

Reactions: JayQueUK
Lucy, my friend, Wynn will be Fabulous....I have no doubts about that...I've watched a lot of film on this girl, and she is cat fast, and shoots a nice two from the elbow, or she can pop for three from Justine land.....

Put her with Puckett, and the marvel called Striplin, plus mix in Miles for her speed at the point, and the LVs are looking good.

It's going to be a fun season....Keep the faith.

Just stomach rumblings GT,,,Wynn is the real deal and will be the most real of all the deals, Her and Striplin. Puckett will take a little t ime to upright from the HS season, very taxing on her,,,,However, once she hits her stride, she will be a beast too

Shug Dickson would actually be a good add to the perimeter. She can be a pain on the court shoots a good overall percentage, not to shabby from 3pt range (35%) 88 assists to 55 tos and about 1 steal a game. she doesn’t need a lot of shots to make a difference so could fit in seamlessly and add to the team.

ED679925-5840-475E-9355-72FBBF686B42.png

Syracuse WBB grad transfer Amaya Finklea-Guity (6-4 SR center, Dorchester, MA) has announced her commitment to ACC rival Duke; fourth transfer pickup for the Blue Devils, following Lexi Gordon (Texas Tech), Nyah Green (Louisville), and Celeste Taylor (Texas)

Reactions: travis929
lol we are screwed Ole miss is a top 3 team in the SEC now?

They still lack size outside of Shakira Austin.

I don't understand the logic of signing a ton of players at the same position, unless you just plan on "Hunger Games-ing" it and see who sticks. Seems to be a particularly risky gamble for the transfers.

I don't understand the logic of signing a ton of players at the same position, unless you just plan on "Hunger Games-ing" it and see who sticks. Seems to be a particularly risky gamble for the transfers.
Austin has 1 year left so im sure she's molding the future. Coach Yo , Close and Lawson with Moore are owning the portal right now !

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Almost speaks to the lack of a plan? What does this say to your current roster? “ Ooops, We made a mistake with you.”?

Almost speaks to the lack of a plan? What does this say to your current roster? “ Ooops, We made a mistake with you.”?
I don't think it's so much a lack of a plan as much as a redesigned plan as more options became available. Take MSST as an example: they may have incoming recruits coming in, but if there's a chance to take someone Anastasia or Jerkaila...it would be a mistake to pass up proven D1 players for unproven freshmen. So they have their original solution on deck along with their contingency plan, and you see which plan ultimately proves to be better.

We can go Walker, Horston, Burrell, Key, and Green or maybe one of the freshmen then you have a much better bench Suarez, Puckett, Wynn, Striplin, Miles, and Darby. That should be better than the team we had last season if you see improvement in all five returning starters and the freshmen come through and give us far better bench play. So that may be what were looking at may not be participating in the portal.

The problem I have is looks to me that so many SEC teams are updating their rosters plus due to covid getting so many solid returnees finishing in the top half of the SEC is going to be a challenge. Better consistent three point shooting would go a long way to evening up our roster with some of the changes being made by other SEC teams. Burrell is outstanding from the three and guess we have to hope some of the freshmen or Suarez can become consistent from there to elevate our scoring. I know 30 percent as a team from the three probably want get us third place next season.

Hooray free agency! How exciting. Coach piss you off? Threaten to transfer. Feel like someone else is unfairly ahead of you? Threaten to transfer. Want more attention? Threaten to transfer. This is going to be so much fun! Ah well. At least now the coaches will have to work a little harder for all those millions, I suppose.

Hooray free agency! How exciting. Coach piss you off? Threaten to transfer. Feel like someone else is unfairly ahead of you? Threaten to transfer. Want more attention? Threaten to transfer. This is going to be so much fun! Ah well. At least now the coaches will have to work a little harder for all those millions, I suppose.
This rule will definitely change how coaches have to operate.

This rule will definitely change how coaches have to operate.

It can also go the other direction. Coaches may have less discretion. “Don’t like the way I’m doing it? Hit the road.”

Now with such abundance in the portal it’s much easier to fill a roster spot. Players know more about what they want at the college level and it gives people a second chance.

Yeah I'm fine with a one time transfer rule in light of the pandemic. I'm not sure keeping the rule is such a good idea...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back