Transfer Portal 21-22

Did you send her a memo letting her know how much time she has to recruit someone? Maybe she is not aware of your requirements and blah, blah, blah

I'm pretty sure she is well aware of the rapid rate top transfers continue to come off the board, players who really could have helped Tennessee and many of whom will instead be strengthening rival programs. But she sure is trying hard blah blah blah...

Good luck to coach Nikki (she needs it)

This will be interesting...this was a smart move for her. Clearly she needed some more small-ish guards.

Mia Moore is like, "Taxi!"

I will say that Anastasia is probably an upgrade to any guard that she had transfer out, so I guess that's a good thing?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'm pretty sure she is well aware of the rapid rate top transfers continue to come off the board, players who really could have helped Tennessee and many of whom will instead be strengthening rival programs.
I get more nervous with every big move that doesn't include us. Of course KJH knows good players are getting vacuumed up right and left. Impossible for me to believe she's not out there trying for a PG and an inside player. Are the LVs that hard of a sell?

I'm holding out faint hope for the Alabama PG. Someone mentioned LSU for her, but wouldn't think so with Nikki's niece Pointer coming back.

The much maligned Nikki McCray is definitely doing an interesting realign of that team. Maybe losing Vic's players was a necessary tho painful step. She'll have her hands full with Hayes, Inc.

The much maligned Nikki McCray is definitely doing an interesting realign of that team. Maybe losing Vic's players was a necessary tho painful step. She'll have her hands full with Hayes, Inc.

If team chemistry was the issue, well...she's got bigger issues now.

I take it that it's a given that Acacia signs next season? So the starting lineup will be the 4 Hayes sisters and...Charlotte Kohl?

[This is just my opinion] We NEED to get some help from the PORTAL...This past season's teams that were either just AHEAD of us, EVEN with us, or JUST BELOW us, are picking up serious help from the portal...HS allstar freshman come into the NCAAW every year, but the NCAA experience of even a one year MID-LEVEL player is so much more valuable [ especially with HS talent lacking the NCAA experience - they don't always pan out]...So many talented xfers players are NOT really flocking to the supreme powers [ei...Uconn. SC & Stanford]...They are intrigued by the newcomer/former powers...These xfer players want a chance to make a difference, play with their friends, and get a chance to cry after a FINAL 4 loss [ei A. Boston and Z. Cooke]...Not to mention that there are so many teams with seniors returning for another season [ei...ARIZONA, NCST, Maryland & GEORGIA]..COVID-19 has made the portal the "IN-THING" today and many players are riding the wave...I LUV the UTLV's😊, and I sincerely hope we in good with some solid xfers like ex-Kentucky Keke M. and ex-Texas Celeste T...The game has changed for now and I hope we are IN GOOD or we will be SERIOUSLY left OUT...LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

Reactions: Amb3096
I heard Jordan Lewis is headed to Baylor. UGA is awaiting word on Maya Caldwell and Gabby Connally to see if their plans are to stay in the draft or return.

This will be interesting...this was a smart move for her. Clearly she needed some more small-ish guards.

Mia Moore is like, "Taxi!"

I will say that Anastasia is probably an upgrade to any guard that she had transfer out, so I guess that's a good thing?

I assume you're being sarcastic about the small guards. I wonder what incoming freshmen guards Knisha Godfrey and Jasmine Shavers are thinking.

Reactions: Lucy
I get more nervous with every big move that doesn't include us. Of course KJH knows good players are getting vacuumed up right and left. Impossible for me to believe she's not out there trying for a PG and an inside player. Are the LVs that hard of a sell?

I'm holding out faint hope for the Alabama PG. Someone mentioned LSU for her, but wouldn't think so with Nikki's niece Pointer coming back.

There are still several high quality transfers who haven't committed. I would take Chavez, Conti, or Lewis over anyone who's committed so far. Just thinking back to last season, both Keyen and Jordan Walker committed rather unexpectedly. There wasn't much "talk" before they committed. Wonder why there is an expectation that the average fan should know every detail about recruiting. Several people are critical without actually knowing what is taking place. I think we will add 2 transfers and we won't know who until they commit, because we are fans and not coaches.

VN Store

Back