Transfer Portal 21-22

655 in portal about half are P5 players or Grad Transfers. Syracuse has 8 in portal and several players coming in to still have a roster of 12 players. You lose half a team and already have them replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think we are going to see a much more level playing field talent wise the next few seasons. A lot of talented players in the portal and they will have to spread out. Some good teams losing 5+ players who were top 100 recruits. It’s going to make women’s basketball more interesting. The days of top teams hoarding talent are over. They might recruit it but if they can’t retain it, it doesn’t matter. Glad we have avoided the transfer bug so far. Seems we are one of the few.

The good news is no Lady Vols are in the portal. The bad news is don't look for any roster changes with 14 players coming back. What you see now is what you will get. No way Tennessee will go over 15 and I doubt we would even add anyone with 14 players coming back. One player I really want us to add long shot that would ever happen.

The good news is no Lady Vols are in the portal. The bad news is don't look for any roster changes with 14 players coming back. What you see now is what you will get. No way Tennessee will go over 15 and I doubt we would even add anyone with 14 players coming back. One player I really want us to add long shot that would ever happen.
Which player is that? (Is the long shot already in the portal or you think she would be entering her name in the portal?)

Which player is that? (Is the long shot already in the portal or you think she would be entering her name in the portal?)
She is in the portal out of Butler Average 15 points and 6 rebounds for them and they were a terrible team. 44 percent from the three 33 of 74. When they played UConn she scored 18 of the 35 points they scored total on 7 of 11 from the field.

I could see us going over the cap if the right players are interested. Could also see us losing one or two players down the bench. Rennie in particular. Really love that’s she’s part of the program but I just don’t see us being able to find minutes for her. Also concerned she may not be able to return to the states if she goes home this summer.

International travel is limited. Some of these players may have to decide if they want to stay here so they can play or risk flying home and potentially being told they can’t return. Same for Marta. Lots of schools this year, like UCLA, got burned by international players not coming over.

Bet she is headed to Arkansas.

She also listed Texas A&M ? Aren’t they TRANSFER UNIVERSITY! The coach is getting older and transferring seems to be the new way to build a team !

Syracuse has EIGHT players in the portal and are expecting to still have 12 players next year ! How can anyone lose 8 players and expect to have 12 on the next year team !!!!! Times are a changing ..... 🤷‍♂️

I could see us going over the cap if the right players are interested. Could also see us losing one or two players down the bench. Rennie in particular. Really love that’s she’s part of the program but I just don’t see us being able to find minutes for her. Also concerned she may not be able to return to the states if she goes home this summer.

International travel is limited. Some of these players may have to decide if they want to stay here so they can play or risk flying home and potentially being told they can’t return. Same for Marta. Lots of schools this year, like UCLA, got burned by international players not coming over.
The international players were also the two I thought we could potentially lose, not that they would want to leave but because they aren't allowed to return if they left

Maybe if Kellie told the players you can stay but you may never play or something to that effect. If you take a couple transfers and have four freshmen coming and three starters plus one that was a starter coming back no one else but those players are playing. So sure we could go over just wondering if were even going to try because we have four new players coming in and one that is coming back that only played a few minutes. This not even counting a player that was injured that was a sometime starter. I think as it stands now we have at least two maybe more players that could see less than 70 minutes all season and that would be in the non conference games.

She also listed Texas A&M ? Aren’t they TRANSFER UNIVERSITY! The coach is getting older and transferring seems to be the new way to build a team !

Syracuse has EIGHT players in the portal and are expecting to still have 12 players next year ! How can anyone lose 8 players and expect to have 12 on the next year team !!!!! Times are a changing ..... 🤷‍♂️
I think they have already grabbed two or three out of the portal and have four freshmen coming in as well.

I'm just feeling Arkansas as she is from Fayetteville and they have a lot of losses this season as does A&M just thinking she is heading home.

If you are EVER going to do something different..... this is the year after a pandemic and a FREE year for players! Just Saying

We definitely need a point guard of excellent capabilities! Like the two Jordan’s but we all can see a better team with an elite PG.....

If anyone thinks Saunders is a good back up for Key ! Or that Green or any Freshman will work for next year ? I am speaking of having a team that can compete with the top SEC teams ..... We could use another BIG for next year ! I would think a Graduate Transfer would be better as one year to help us get to 22 & 23 recruiting classes ... JMO

P.S. if there is a top 10 player who wants to come..... that would even improve our recruiting! You got to take them ! Again JMO

I think they have already grabbed two or three out of the portal and have four freshmen coming in as well.

4 freshmen..... for 21 ? I only saw 2 and rated #91 post (hoopgurlz ) ! I thought that his recruiting being off was the reason he went for transfer’s ?

If you are EVER going to do something different..... this is the year after a pandemic and a FREE year for players! Just Saying

We definitely need a point guard of excellent capabilities! Like the two Jordan’s but we all can see a better team with an elite PG.....

If anyone thinks Saunders is a good back up for Key ! Or that Green or any Freshman will work for next year ? I am speaking of having a team that can compete with the top SEC teams ..... We could use another BIG for next year ! I would think a Graduate Transfer would be better as one year to help us get to 22 & 23 recruiting classes ... JMO

P.S. if there is a top 10 player who wants to come..... that would even improve our recruiting! You got to take them ! Again JMO
Agree I am getting the feeling that this coaching staff does not have the urgency of us fans in trying to get back to the top quickly. I think anyone realizes that the current roster is maybe top five in the SEC and again about an 8 loss team. Winning the SEC with who we have returning and who we have coming in is not going to happen. We definitely need a dynamic point guard and a post that can rebound and score. We'll see what happens four months to get it done by August is when it would need to happen.

4 freshmen..... for 21 ? I only saw 2 and rated #91 post (hoopgurlz ) ! I thought that his recruiting being off was the reason he went for transfer’s ?
I could have it wrong where they are coming from Raoul says on his twitter feed he lost 8 to transfer but has built it back to 12 for next season so guess it has to be more transfers if he doesn't have the recruits.

VN Store

Back