Transfer Portal 21-22

Met up with Jordan and looks like she had fun View attachment 436419

She made it known in the comments several times she was “Not committed!!!”

Still in the race but not a good enough first impression with the current program (visited under Holly) to get her to commit Sunday. Really hoping it’s not South Carolina, but it seems the rich get richer these days. Nevertheless, still rooting for Rickea to be a Lady Vol. Not over till it’s over.

Still in the race but not a good enough first impression with the current program (visited under Holly) to get her to commit Sunday. Really hoping it’s not South Carolina, but it seems the rich get richer these days. Nevertheless, still rooting for Rickea to be a Lady Vol. Not over till it’s over.

Just asking.....Do you have inside information or is this speculation about what happened and what she's thinking? Why would you say it was not a good enough impression? Because she didn't commit this past weekend? Why would she commit now anyway? I would want to be wined and dined a little bit first....

Reactions: travis929
Just asking.....Do you have inside information or is this speculation about what happened and what she's thinking? Why would you say it was not a good enough impression? Because she didn't commit this past weekend? Why would she commit now anyway? I would want to be wined and dined a little bit first....

No inside information, just speculation. Just worrisome, she made it known 3 times on her tik tok post and pinned the comment “Not Committed” to the top of the post. For example somebody said “Now that’s a good choice” and she replied with “not committed”
But again, this could mean nothing. I hope for nothing more than Rickea to be a Lady Vol.

Any word on Jasmine Powell. I know most posters are not as excited about her, but the way she can defend the point guard position needs to be noted. She is also a very good offensive player just needs to take less shots probably would she was a focal point of the Minnesota team they depended on her to do a lot of different things.

No inside information, just speculation. Just worrisome, she made it known 3 times on her tik tok post and pinned the comment “Not Committed” to the top of the post. For example somebody said “Now that’s a good choice” and she replied with “not committed”
But again, this could mean nothing. I hope for nothing more than Rickea to be a Lady Vol.

That is a heck speculative leap from stating "not committed" to inferring that Rickea's visit when Holly was coach has now made the LVs "not good enough" on this visit. There may be a simple principle at work here: you are not committed until you commit. R.J. is obviously still weighing options. No reason to jump to any conclusion favorable or unfavorable at the moment.

Last edited:
I've seen several recruits use the #notcommitted hashtag during OVs before. Probably to kill off speculation. I'm curious for the players that have done so if they do it for all schools they visit, or on a case-by-case basis? I guess we'll find out with Rickea for whichever school she does an OV with next.

The way I see the Rickea Jackson thing is great if she decides to be a Lady Vol and hope she wants to be here. If she can't get that feeling that we are home hopefully she finds a place she likes well enough to feel that way. If for any reason she decides against us there are going to be a lot of players hit the portal come the end of the season. Still think our biggest needs are backup post and point guard that can score. I would be delighted if she chose us and if not will move on to what other options are available. I am sure were going to upgrade a couple of players excited to find out who they are. If were all still around by July we will certainly know.

That is a heck speculative leap from stating "not committed" to inferring that Rickea's visit when Holly was coach has now made the LVs "not good enough" on this visit. There is a simple principle at work her:e you are not committed until you commit. She is still obviously still weighing options. No reason to jump to any conclusion favorable or unfavorable

You comprehended my statement wrong, obviously the visit during high school has nothing to do with this visit. While your premise is correct, like many fans do I’m just speculating that she did make it know she was #notcommitted, and how many times in the past couple years have we been able to change the hashtag to #committed.
And finally again, I don’t want my posts to seem anti-Kelly or current state of the program, Kelly has done terrific work with this team and program, and we are getting top recruits/ transfers on campus. This is a huge step.
This was just speculation in this specific situation with Rickea. I would gladly eat crow if Rickea becomes a lady vol and I hope she does

One thing I find interesting is she visited Tennessee during the regular season. There are no more regular season games for her to visit other teams. Yes, she can visit others but it's odd not to go during the season to observe. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign but curious for sure. Come on down, Rickea. Join the LVFL sisterhood.

Important to keep in mind, season is not over yet. The end of the season is when we see the flock of players move into the portal. I’m confident Kellie and company will address needs in the off season. With the three biggest fish so far in the portal being; Lavendar Briggs, Jasmine Powell, and Rickea Jackson. 2 visited campus and one had us in her top 2. Again this is Huge for the program. The big name recruits aren’t only looking our way, we are getting them on campus.
Recruiting fluctuates day to day and I probably shouldn’t have speculated on the Jackson situation.
I should learn to trust the process, but as a lady vols fan, I know we are all hoping for a big time commitment!

You comprehended my statement wrong, obviously the visit during high school has nothing to do with this visit. While your premise is correct, like many fans do I’m just speculating that she did make it know she was #notcommitted, and how many times in the past couple years have we been able to change the hashtag to #committed.
And finally again, I don’t want my posts to seem anti-Kelly or current state of the program, Kelly has done terrific work with this team and program, and we are getting top recruits/ transfers on campus. This is a huge step.
This was just speculation in this specific situation with Rickea. I would gladly eat crow if Rickea becomes a lady vol and I hope she does

So, where did I misinterpretation your original post?

For the record speculations are written as (I wonder if... would it be possible that...) Your statement was written as an assertion, hence the queries as to whether you had inside knowledge. So, I will stand by my point that your post was a major speculative leap from the statement "not committed". The odds of her or any prized recruit committing during their visit are pretty low,. Maybe RJ has other visits planned and does not want to rule out anyone prematurely.

Last edited:

Might want to spell the coaches name correctly.

Reactions: Lady Vol Guru
Her mom had a blast from what i hear and really soaked the LV environment in. I don't know if she ends up here but heard they pulled out the works for her.

I think she also has her list of finalists narrowed down.
Heard the crowd showed up and showed out. Has she visited all her finalists yet?

I've seen several recruits use the #notcommitted hashtag during OVs before. Probably to kill off speculation. I'm curious for the players that have done so if they do it for all schools they visit, or on a case-by-case basis? I guess we'll find out with Rickea for whichever school she does an OV with next.
I can see why she wants to take her time with this decision. MSU didn’t work out and this is her last chance to have that great college experience. Hope it is us but want her to have a great final year.

VN Store

Back