Transfer Portal 21-22

Cardoso had offers from Connecticut, Ohio State, Mississippi State and South Carolina, Kentucky i`m thinking Miss State or Kentucky ?
Lets do Process of elimination . UCONN has Dorkie & Ono along with Frosh Deberry coming in so that would be hard to crack but with Cardoso i doubt she does not see the court period. Ohio State...no one knows who they have anymore lol. Miss state , NMP is going donwhill didnt even make the Tourney. SC has a formidable front line with boston , Amihere , Lele coming back and Saxton next year. Kentucky has room and Rhyne is an attraction . Tennessee has the biggest room along side Tamari Key right now , Sorry Emily and Keyen but id take that combo any day ~! COME ON KELLIE GET HER

I don't know why we don't consider playing more positionless 1-4 and then keep key at the 5. Maybe that's nowhere near what Kellie is planning on doing, but it seems to be the way the game is going... at least in the WNBA ( I know that's apples to oranges.)

Yes! Out of 5 players on the court, you need an imposing defensive center and 4 players that can shoot and defend anyone. 2 of the 4 need to be able to drive and distribute.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
UConn would take her in a minute. She would play plenty for them. You don't think Geno would want a player that has her rebounding and shot blocking skills. I hope she like Auburn better.

She would play plenty, but not as much as she'd play at Auburn, where she'd be the biggest and most talented forward by a lot.

Reactions: Volfan2012
What are we not doing to be a contender with these big time transfers ? I have not seen Tennessee on anyones short list of late and not even getting a blink from existing Top WCBB players ?

True but does she want a title or maybe as high as a fifth place finish in the SEC.

If she goes to UConn and they don't lose ONO, Edwards, or Juhasz to the portal (although I don't see Juhasz jumping ship before the first practice...), I don't see how anyone could contend with that lineup.

Especially with Williams, Bueckers, and Fudd working through the back court.

Reactions: CaliKid
What are we not doing to be a contender with these big time transfers ? I have not seen Tennessee on anyones short list of late and not even getting a blink from existing Top WCBB players ?
I don't think we want to go over 15 players so that leaves one more spot. I wish we all knew more about what the coaches were doing and thinking. Personally I think it is a good idea to keep looking for certain skilled players even if it pushes some players so far down the bench they may never play again.

If she goes to UConn and they don't lose ONO, Edwards, or Juhasz to the portal (although I don't see Juhasz jumping ship before the first practice...), I don't see how anyone could contend with that lineup.

I don't think they could the way their roster looks on paper but we all know that teams rise up and do things unexpected every season.

Tennessee got the Sun Belt POY in Alexus Dye. Either you're going after the big fish in little ponds or you're going after the big fish in big ponds.

WBB blog has the portal around 950 total entrants. There was a guy way before there was one that said there would be a thousand players enter the portal and I didn't think it was possible. So here we are only fifty away.

Maybe there won't be enough balls to go around and the team will implode in an epic fireball of jealousy.

In some instances these players or people representing them (former coaches/family) are making contact with programs to gauge interest before the player even enters the portal (which is one of the reasons the portal was created). It isn't supposed to happen but it still does. Some coaches/programs have integrity and waits until a player announces/enters the portal. While other coaches/programs are contacting players or their representatives through the season trying to get them to leave the program they are playing for to come to theirs.

I know I am going to get killed for saying this or it will get viewed as excuses but it happens, and happens far too often.

In some instances these players or people representing them (former coaches/family) are making contact with programs to gauge interest before the player even enters the portal (which is one of the reasons the portal was created). It isn't supposed to happen but it still does. Some coaches/programs have integrity and waits until a player announces/enters the portal. While other coaches/programs are contacting players or their representatives through the season trying to get them to leave the program they are playing for to come to theirs.

I know I am going to get killed for saying this or it will get viewed as excuses but it happens, and happens far too often.
Oh i believe you , its the Brenda Frese theory ! And its TRUE !

Reactions: Bret178 and Lucy

VN Store

Back