Tradition? New things? Fun?

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Hadn't noticed this before. LOVE the various VOLS logos.

20211009_141028.jpg

I feel there is an effort to help fans fall back in love with the Vols.

The announcement when the stadium opened was like boarding a plane. It was just different, and fun.

Things are different y'all.

I know, lame. But things are changing. For the better.

Hadn't noticed this before. LOVE the various VOLS logos.

View attachment 402177

I feel there is an effort to help fans fall back in love with the Vols.

The announcement when the stadium opened was like boarding a plane. It was just different, and fun. Things are different y'all. I know, lame. But things are changing. For the better.

I’ve said it before - if UT wants to spice up the fanbase, get not only more creative but think well outside the box. Rather than silly color-changing flashing lights, get holograms. Imagine a hologram frontiersman striding on the field or roaming the stadium during timeouts. Imagine, right after a successful Vols FG or PAT, a giant hologram football splitting the uprights and landing in the stands. Imagining one of our many Vols legends in uniform showing up giant size during a timeout waving at the crowd or reenacting a game moment. Or leading the band to a rendition of Down the Field or Rockytop. There are so many things that are possible if the university would just have the guts to be REALLY DIFFERENT. Creating instead of following new trends.

I’ve said it before - if UT wants to spice up the fanbase, get not only more creative but think well outside the box. Rather than silly color-changing flashing lights, get holograms. Imagine a hologram frontiersman striding on the field or roaming the stadium during timeouts. Imagine, right after a successful Vols FG or PAT, a giant hologram football splitting the uprights and landing in the stands. Imagining one of our many Vols legends in uniform showing up giant size during a timeout waving at the crowd or reenacting a game moment. Or leading the band to a rendition of Down the Field or Rockytop. There are so many things that are possible if the university would just have the guts to be REALLY DIFFERENT. Creating instead of following new trends.

I guess I'm just too easy to please...just keep hanging 28 on opponents in the 1st Quarter and I will remain enthralled!

You read what the post was about, but opened to tell us .. what? The most over used two words on Volnation?

Everybody wants to win. But you're a spectator. You don't play the game, you just watch it. If the only thing you care about is the score on Saturday, why are you here?
I agree with you so much. The atmosphere at Tennessee and our passion for our team and traditions even in the dark days is what makes UT so special

Reactions: UTvol1fn
You read what the post was about, but opened to tell us .. what? The most over used two words on Volnation?

Everybody wants to win. But you're a spectator. You don't play the game, you just watch it. If the only thing you care about is the score on Saturday, why are you here?

Cant speak for him but for me the game is the entertainment. i dont really need more than that in the stadium. If more is needed for years entertainment was provided the Pride of the Southland Marching Band which has now been taken completely put of the game due to Sterl the Pearls's music blaring...

With all that said..if we were 6-0 no one but a small few would care about the extra curricular activities.

But i would love to see rhe band get an opportunity to play during the game...i miss hearing Iron Man etc. between plays

Cant speak for him but for me the game is the entertainment. i dont really need more than that in the stadium. If more is needed for years entertainment was provided the Pride of the Southland Marching Band which has now been taken completely put of the game due to Sterl the Pearls's music blaring...

With all that said..if we were 6-0 no one but a small few would care about the extra curricular activities.

But i would love to see rhe band get an opportunity to play during the game...i miss hearing Iron Man etc. between plays
They do play during the games.

Reactions: BigDave
That sounds like I'm watching the new Space Jam movie. Not a fan.

Has anyone noticed.. the PA announcer doesn't say "First Down Tennessee" anymore.. It's "First Down VOLS" with a strong emphasis on the word VOLS.

I was against you until your last sentence/question. That's a really good point lol

Most of today's professional sports venues feature "fan engagement" activities - baseball stadiums have electronic hitting cages, fastest pitch, timed runs from home to first, etc. Fan engagement is what now drawings many people to stadiums, something that can't be done in front of your TV at home. Give-a-ways, from bobbleheads to tee shirts, entice souvenir collectors.

I think AD White is trying new things, reaching out to all VOL fans for their opinions, like with re-installing the V O L S letters on top of Neyland. As an old crusty fart, I could care less about a "light show" however, my young kids love it!!

The most important thing to me when I am in Neyland or watching from home is that I see a team that is truly "Giving My All For Tennessee Today"!

All of the other stuff, well, it's just window dressing.

GBO

Byron Young talked a little on Tennessee Prime how he loves the crowd noise on 3rd down... The fans matter to these players! The fans can make Neyland feared again... The fans and players work together in Neyland to make other teams not want to play here.. GoVols!

I think it will be more and more challenging to get people to come to the stadium...the in person experience is amazing, usually, but once you have done it, you realize the home experience is pretty amazing too these days

I agree the game experience is amazing, but $80 will buy a lot of beer and chicken wings.

Reactions: JonesVols

VN Store

Back