Tough loss at Maples!

Today I saw our much maligned coach go toe to toe with a hall of fame coach and show exactly what a coach and competitor she is. If her players had hit some of the short shots they missed and the officials hadn’t swallowed their whistles in the fourth quarter, our Lady Vols might have pulled off the upset. One bad quarter and a 6’5” All American for Stanford spelled the difference in the game. This was a step forward for our Ladies as they continue to get better. But for all naysayers, this game showed that we have an excellent coaching staff that had a good game plan. Going into the SEC season the Lady Vols will continue to improve. Go Lady Vols!a

This squad of lady vols is just that a squad. BUT they are becoming a team in spite of injuries, etc. They are starting to play very well together (point of improvement - fewer turnovers) By the mid of Jan. I feel this bunch will be a pretty good team. It's a shame they were so heavy at the start of the season with top teams, but I think it will pay dividends come late season. As to this Stanford game - - played a really good big team that is a well oiled experienced team, just too much for the building lady vols at this time.

This squad of lady vols is just that a squad. BUT they are becoming a team in spite of injuries, etc. They are starting to play very well together (point of improvement - fewer turnovers) By the mid of Jan. I feel this bunch will be a pretty good team. It's a shame they were so heavy at the start of the season with top teams, but I think it will pay dividends come late season. As to this Stanford game - - played a really good big team that is a well oiled experienced team, just too much for the building lady vols at this time.
Yep, Stanford game was encouraging though I’m not sure Stanford was at their best. Hopefully this game bodes well for the sec schedule. We will see. We still need players.

. Why bring CPS discussion into this mess! It is hard to watch!!
Well since you brought Fulmer in . . .

You also bring CPS in when you talk about how far the program has fallen. You're the one using olden day CPS folklore to be outraged about the tone of discussion around current day games.

Imagine if we had lost by one point! At least the poor manager was spared that plane ride back to Tennessee.

That mishap happened early enough in the game to not be a factor. Had it happened in the final few mins sure. Momentum shifted after it, we captured it back in the 3rd up 8 before the last second 3. And still lost by 7 in the end.

That mishap happened early enough in the game to not be a factor. Had it happened in the final few mins sure. Momentum shifted after it, we captured it back in the 3rd up 8 before the last second 3. And still lost by 7 in the end.
Sounds exactly like what the poor manager's Dad would have said in a tearful phone call on the looonnng flight home. Fortunately, it didn't happen. But it was sort of a metaphor for this season so far.

I know you must be joking, because it would take the world's worst head coach to fire a manager for one honest mistake. Even if we'd lost by 1, firing the person would still not the way to handle it. 😳

I still think they should turn the scorebook over to Dr. Bill Bass for a thorough investigative analysis.

Haven't trusted VanDerveer ever since she stole Azzi.

Safe to say she didn't check it if she didn't put it in. A little thing probably put off to someone else that reflects back to her regardless.

Don't know how it works at college level (all those grad assistants and managers have to be doing something), but even at middle school level, that job generally fell to managers or adult helpers (including spouses). The coach (I) would check the lineups, but I didn't have player numbers memorized or pay much if any attention to that particular detail. Same with volleyball, softball, etc.

How far has the Lady Vols Program fallen, to hear discussions around....close....competitive.....getting better......it is getting bad enuf, Fulmer will be forced to DO something.

Close, competitive, improving have always been positive remarks for Lady Vols team for as long as I can recall (and I am old). Particular when playing the No. 2 ranked team in the country, on the road, on the west coast. It's the kind of team we want. Quit trying to turn everything into a negative.

Don't know how it works at college level (all those grad assistants and managers have to be doing something), but even at middle school level, that job generally fell to managers or adult helpers (including spouses). The coach (I) would check the lineups, but I didn't have player numbers memorized or pay much if any attention to that particular detail. Same with volleyball, softball, etc.

Game 13 with a preseason mistake. As a former coach myself in baseball/softball it's a honest mistake but a careless one too. Always faults with the HC, that is why they called CKH to the explanation.

Observation is this year's team's ceiling in my opinion is Round of 32 and that is not acceptable at the University of Tennessee for Lady Vols basketball

Reactions: GlennTenn
Observation is this year's team's ceiling in my opinion is Round of 32 and that is not acceptable at the University of Tennessee for Lady Vols basketball
That will be met with opposition and reasons why it should be allowed.

Sounds exactly like what the poor manager's Dad would have said in a tearful phone call on the looonnng flight home. Fortunately, it didn't happen. But it was sort of a metaphor for this season so far.

If Coach Harper wants to be a good coach, a public beheading of the responsible person is her only option (or I suppose a nice drawn and quartering). That is how a costly mistake like this would have been handled back in the day before everyone got "soft. "

If Coach Harper wants to be a good coach, a public beheading of the responsible person is her only option (or I suppose a nice drawn and quartering). That is how a costly mistake like this would have been handled back in the day before everyone got "soft. "

Oooo! Yes, please!!!

(Entrails roasting on a open fire,
Jack Frost nipping at their toes...).

Yes the usual random posting and griping about the coach and who should replace her. The man to call is Danny White we have no power here on this message board.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Today I saw our much maligned coach go toe to toe with a hall of fame coach and show exactly what a coach and competitor she is. If her players had hit some of the short shots they missed and the officials hadn’t swallowed their whistles in the fourth quarter, our Lady Vols might have pulled off the upset. One bad quarter and a 6’5” All American for Stanford spelled the difference in the game. This was a step forward for our Ladies as they continue to get better. But for all naysayers, this game showed that we have an excellent coaching staff that had a good game plan. Going into the SEC season the Lady Vols will continue to improve. Go Lady Vols!a
What I saw was the inability to adjust and stop the Layup drill by Stanford. And what I didn't see was starting her best players as well as not using a double team on the inside. Its all on the Coach and she is not the one for this job. And as for the game plan she was not prepared to stop anything. If the big girl had not been on the bench with foolish fouls we would have been beaten by 30 points. It's time to face facts and stop dreaming

Close, competitive, improving have always been positive remarks for Lady Vols team for as long as I can recall (and I am old). Particular when playing the No. 2 ranked team in the country, on the road, on the west coast. It's the kind of team we want. Quit trying to turn everything into a negative.

Losing is a "negative." All this chatter about "improving," "close," blah blah means absolutely squat if you still can't win games.

What I saw was the inability to adjust and stop the Layup drill by Stanford. And what I didn't see was starting her best players as well as not using a double team on the inside. Its all on the Coach and she is not the one for this job. And as for the game plan she was not prepared to stop anything. If the big girl had not been on the bench with foolish fouls we would have been beaten by 30 points. It's time to face facts and stop dreaming

Brink being in foul trouble helped us. Brink taking over the 4th qtr killed any chance.

VN Store

Back