Total War: Warhammer

The game is so much more fun after you beat the campaign. It feels like a total war

Honestly, by turn 125 or so, I've already taken out any possible threats on the map, and the buffs you get for banishing Belakor (specifically the +14 recruit rank for lords) just break the game. The rosters are so small that you already have multiple doomstacks led by level 50 lords.

I want the quality of life improvements they made and I want my rat boys back.

There are mods to remove the RoC narrative but, again, the rosters are so small that I get bored after 50 turns or so.

Probably won't play it until IE comes out.

Honestly, by turn 125 or so, I've already taken out any possible threats on the map, and the buffs you get for banishing Belakor (specifically the +14 recruit rank for lords) just break the game. The rosters are so small that you already have multiple doomstacks led by level 50 lords.

I want the quality of life improvements they made and I want my rat boys back.

There are mods to remove the RoC narrative but, again, the rosters are so small that I get bored after 50 turns or so.

Probably won't play it until IE comes out.
I took belakor to not break the game. Left him to deal with the Krugan.

If you are playing your pretty bois I can see you cleaning up fast, they probably have the best start location, and being daemons an advantage

I took belakor to not break the game. Left him to deal with the Krugan.

If you are playing your pretty bois I can see you cleaning up fast, they probably have the best start location, and being daemons an advantage

Slaanesh was satisfying to play. Exalted KoS (lore of shadow) are probably the best non-LL in the trilogy.

Though, I genuinely enjoyed Kairos' campaign the most.

Easiest was undoubtedly Legions of Chaos post 1.1.

Slaanesh was satisfying to play. Exalted KoS (lore of shadow) are probably the best non-LL in the trilogy.

Though, I genuinely enjoyed Kairos' campaign the most.

Easiest was undoubtedly Legions of Chaos post 1.1.
Kairos just had too many options to be challenging. Battle and campaign.

LoC do get to do whatever they want. No "natural" enemy.

Kairos just had too many options to be challenging. Battle and campaign.

LoC do get to do whatever they want. No "natural" enemy.

It's a fun campaign to play with the mod that deletes the narrative, especially if you declare war on every faction you encounter.

It's a fun campaign to play with the mod that deletes the narrative, especially if you declare war on every faction you encounter.
It would be cool in IE if they made Archaon and Daniel rivals at war. Let the winner really be chaos undivided. Maybe allow limited recruitment of other disorder factions units afterwards, besides chaos and daemons.

do I need to play previous warhammers? I love total war just don’t know if the theme of this game interests me I prefer the historical themes

do I need to play previous warhammers? I love total war just don’t know if the theme of this game interests me I prefer the historical themes

Going in I was a bit of a historial purist with no knowledge of warhammer lore. After playing the first one I was hooked. Its a different dynamic but it was done very well. I find enjoyment in both styles for different reasons.

Reactions: Godfatha
If you are nervous about jumping in, I would start with Warhammer 1. You can get it cheap, and it's been massaged enough to work out most of the kinks. 2 is better, but probably more expensive than 1. 1 is good enough to get you into the lore and overall new mechanics. If you can play 1 you can play 3.

If you want the judge the overall quality of the title you will need to buy the various faction DLCs to play as them. But even if you dont they are in the base game as computer factions.

The warhammer universe is probably the most asymmetric of all the total war titles

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I pre ordered this game but haven't even installed it yet. I honestly don't have any interest in the story campaign (just like vortex). I'll install and play when mortal empires comes out.

I'll also say I'm spoiled by all the incredible mods 2 has and playing without them makes the game feel.. less whole. Hit me up when I can play the halflings in 3. Conquering the entire map with hobbits is what I'm here for.

I'll also say I'm spoiled by all the incredible mods 2 has and playing without them makes the game feel.. less whole. Hit me up when I can play the halflings in 3. Conquering the entire map with hobbits is what I'm here for.
Did they start you off in a cage vs a snotling?

Immortal empire "beta" and some other DLC and FLC, should become active next week.

Blood and Gore will go live, FLC, if you have the DLC from 1 or 2.
The chaos undivided major rework will be live, flc.
All other faction minor reworks flc.
Immortal empire "beta" FLC.
I believe the only paid one will be the Chaos Champions DLC

Immortal empires is pretty fun. Feels like we are back to the beginning of 1 with the bad guys always winning. With all the new chaos and daemon factions the good guys cant get going under the computer.

The dwarfs are never around by turn 50. The empire is usually just a shell by turn 75, even the elves on ulthuan get buried under a slaaneshi tide by the same time.

I'm still waiting for them to tighten up on some bugs and make a few more adjustments before I get into it. I'll probably start playing once it's out of "beta" lol

I'm still waiting for them to tighten up on some bugs and make a few more adjustments before I get into it. I'll probably start playing once it's out of "beta" lol
I havent noticed a ton of bugs. Nothing game breaking at least.

What's weird is I see more bugs in the old stuff than I do in the new stuff. During fights some single entity stuff seems to get stuck in animation loops.

I suck total ghost nuggets at this game if I play any order faction. Any chaos faction is easy as pie, feels like normal.

Any order faction and it's the green/vampire/chaos/delf/welf whatever tide the entire time. And I just cant make any progress because I will be at war with 5 factions and they just rotate sending armies at me. And they always come with full stacks so cant rely on garrisons.

its out of beta now. Haven't noticed many differences.

The Charfs are coming April 13th. (CHaos dwARFS)

should be interesting, they are introducing the Charf artillery trains. Like yes, trains, with customizable artillery selections.

new mechanics, new characters, etc etc.

some complaints about the cost 25 bucks vs the typical 20. only 3 playable lords, vs the typical 4. FreeLC lord pack is now a legendary hero.

I suck total ghost nuggets at this game if I play any order faction. Any chaos faction is easy as pie, feels like normal.

Any order faction and it's the green/vampire/chaos/delf/welf whatever tide the entire time. And I just cant make any progress because I will be at war with 5 factions and they just rotate sending armies at me. And they always come with full stacks so cant rely on garrisons.

Git gud nub

VN Store

Back