Total Hypocrisy!

Assuming Tennessee wins out the loser of that game is out, you can relax. The loser would be in an identical situation as us except their resume is considerably less impressive.
While I don’t disagree. The committee wasn’t consistent from week 1 to week 2. A 1 loss UT team has a better resume than a 1 loss Alabama but yet Alabama was a better 1 loss team week 1 than us in week 2. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I was watching a CBS SEC game of the week preview on YouTube for the Missouri game and Dennis Dodd said that we need Ohio State to beat Michigan because that knocks Michigan out. I agree on that but he also said that if Michigan beats Ohio State then Ohio State wouldn’t drop out of the top 4. Why would they not? We were 1 lost to 3 away and dropped to 5. Ohio State is 1 and would lose to 3 and would have their loss at the end of the season on their own field while we would finish strong with 3 wins with two on the road.

We won’t get to play for a conference championship and neither would Ohio State. They also keep saying that conference championships carry more weight. Why does their loss carry less weight than ours in the same exact scenario? He did say margin of victory matters. We lost by 14 as the visitor at Georgia. Ohio state would have lost on their home field to Michigan which is good for at least a 7 point difference between our loss away and their loss at home as far and point spread prediction assuming they lost to Michigan by a touchdown or less. I’m telling ya, we are gonna get screwed out of the playoff and a Heisman.
Yes, that logic makes no sense. That is just a blatant bias. Whoever wins that game should be in and whoever Loses should be out.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Win against Missouri convincingly and the talk next week will change.Probably be a team or 2 go down that helps the cause.Sky is always falling after loss like that a good win will change that.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Playoff committee will pick Ohio State over Tennessee. They may take Michigan over us if their Ohio State game is really close. For us to make the playoffs, TCU will need to lose and for Oregon/USC to take another loss. They don’t want two SEC teams in the playoffs.
If Michigan loses we are in over them if we win out. Our schedule is much stronger. It would be a sham in that scenario if they took Michigan. GBO

We need one team to win decisively, preferably Ohio State. If it’s a close game, God forbid OT, both teams could remain in the top 4.

Some of our positive results could work against us. While we did play 4 teams in the top 25, we needed overtime to beat then #17 Pitt, who is now a 5-4 team. We dominated but only beat then #20 Florida 38-33. Few if any CFP voters saw that game, they only saw the score. Florida is now 5-4. Dominant 40-13 win over LSU obviously helps our case. Alabama was a good win over the now #9, 2-loss Tide.

The entire CFP committee saw the Georgia game, and will watch the OSU-Michigan game.

May seem like an unpopular post, but those are the facts. Hopefully, 1 of the 2 teams will have a really bad day on Saturday, we win out, and we’re in. Georgia will see a very different team next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
1. Brand
2. Midwest TV market.

I think both are BS but Bama, ND and OSU will ALWAYS get the benefit of a doubt. Some of it is earned but sometimes it's just the narrative.

Reactions: HSTVol
It's hard to see OSU getting in if they lose at home to Michigan. But...if Michigan loses a close one in Columbus, the Wolverines may still have a chance.
We were ahead of both teams when everyone was undefeated. Should be ahead of the 1 loss team as well.

We are at a slight disadvantage…..

ESPN & the poll-sters seem to have a “like” for Georgia; Ohio State; Michigan; TCU; & Oregon right now……..

We’ve seen it before: If UCLA & Kansas State would have won & gone undefeated in 1998 - They would’ve SCREWED Tennessee out of the BCS Title game! (I G-Damn Guarantee IT!!!!)

Won't matter after TCU loses to Texas Saturday. The only team that can keep our Vols out of the playoff is Tennessee. Win out we're going! GBO!!

It would help if we throttle our last 3 opponents. Oregon is sitting right there and I think the committee would just love to get a west coast team on the bill.

Reactions: Sarms58
I don’t see LSU making the playoffs even if they win the Seccg. Not with 2 losses.
I can see it. They'll have wins over top 10 (at the time) Bama, Ole Miss, and an SEC title win over Georgia. I absolutely think they get in.

Simple math and logic is the reason.

Tennessee has a much better SOS and a better SOR and much better wins…….oh and Tennessee was ranked 1st so they had further to fall from the single loss…….oh and Ohio ST’s loss would be at home to what would be the #2 team (afterwards) not on the road to the #1 team.

See……..makes perfect sense.

If these idots cant see that if we win out that the committee will have us at 4 and uga at one because that rematch game will be the highest watched game ever and the money it will generate will be off the charts.
this is not true. Most people don't want to see *that* again. Everyone will assume it will be another trip to the woodshed.

I’ve never been a fan of the ” conference champ “ carries more weight idea.
There have been many years where 3 or 4 teams in the SEC were much better
than the winners of other conferences.

Reactions: wesley21
When the playoffs are expanded (2025?), the SEC will have a lock on the national championship for eternity.

VN Store

Back