Total Hypocrisy!

IveGotBigVols

I was watching a CBS SEC game of the week preview on YouTube for the Missouri game and Dennis Dodd said that we need Ohio State to beat Michigan because that knocks Michigan out. I agree on that but he also said that if Michigan beats Ohio State then Ohio State wouldn’t drop out of the top 4. Why would they not? We were 1 lost to 3 away and dropped to 5. Ohio State is 1 and would lose to 3 and would have their loss at the end of the season on their own field while we would finish strong with 3 wins with two on the road.

We won’t get to play for a conference championship and neither would Ohio State. They also keep saying that conference championships carry more weight. Why does their loss carry less weight than ours in the same exact scenario? He did say margin of victory matters. We lost by 14 as the visitor at Georgia. Ohio state would have lost on their home field to Michigan which is good for at least a 7 point difference between our loss away and their loss at home as far and point spread prediction assuming they lost to Michigan by a touchdown or less. I’m telling ya, we are gonna get screwed out of the playoff and a Heisman.

I was watching a CBS SEC game of the week preview on YouTube for the Missouri game and Dennis Dodd said that we need Ohio State to beat Michigan because that knocks Michigan out. I agree on that but he also said that if Michigan beats Ohio State then Ohio State wouldn’t drop out of the top 4. Why would they not? We were 1 lost to 3 away and dropped to 5. Ohio State is 1 and would lose to 3 and would have their loss at the end of the season on their own field while we would finish strong with 3 wins with two on the road.

We won’t get to play for a conference championship and neither would Ohio State. They also keep saying that conference championships carry more weight. Why does their loss carry less weight than ours in the same exact scenario? He did say margin of victory matters. We lost by 14 as the visitor at Georgia. Ohio state would have lost on their home field to Michigan which is good for at least a 7 point difference between our loss away and their loss at home as far and point spread prediction assuming they lost to Michigan by a touchdown or less. I’m telling ya, we are gonna get screwed out of the playoff and a Heisman.
Dennis Dodd isn't a fan of Tennessee at all.

Assuming Tennessee wins out the loser of that game is out, you can relax. The loser would be in an identical situation as us except their resume is considerably less impressive.

Playoff committee will pick Ohio State over Tennessee. They may take Michigan over us if their Ohio State game is really close. For us to make the playoffs, TCU will need to lose and for Oregon/USC to take another loss. They don’t want two SEC teams in the playoffs.

Playoff committee will pick Ohio State over Tennessee. They may take Michigan over us if their Ohio State game is really close. For us to make the playoffs, TCU will need to lose and for Oregon/USC to take another loss. They don’t want two SEC teams in the playoffs.
I just don’t buy it. Two B1G teams have never made it. Two SEC teams have. Their strength of schedule is too weak. Just to be safe I hope Nov. 26 is a blowout similar to last year, whichever way it goes.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

It's hard to see OSU getting in if they lose at home to Michigan. But...if Michigan loses a close one in Columbus, the Wolverines may still have a chance.

Reactions: cgrish and wmcovol
All I know is that I want to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game and if the loser gets in over a 1 lost Tennessee team, the the committee has some explaining to do in my opinion.
It would also be interesting to see what would happen if LSU wins out including the SECCG and/or Oregon wins out.

Won't matter after TCU loses to Texas Saturday. The only team that can keep our Vols out of the playoff is Tennessee. Win out we're going! GBO!!

Lots of things will change over the next 3 weeks. Michigan is favored but could actually lose to Illinois.

IMO, the most likely scenario is that everyone in the Pac12 ends up with 2 losses, TCU has a loss, and the committee has to deal with the best 4 teams with one of less losses are Michigan, UT, tOSU, and UGA.

As much as I hate OSU, I will cheer for them to beat Michigan if both are unbeaten. A once beaten OSU will get in over once beaten TN. The committee will make this choice every time. It’s not about logic or resumes. Ask anyone in in the B1G. No team has gotten more favorable treatment through the years than OSU.

If these idots cant see that if we win out that the committee will have us at 4 and uga at one because that rematch game will be the highest watched game ever and the money it will generate will be off the charts.

It’s just my gut feeling, but I think the committee likes the idea of Tennessee being in the playoffs. We’ve been the feel good story all year, and the entire country was behind us to beat Georgia. They put us #1 in the first poll when they certainly didn’t have to, and they put us where they did after our loss to give us every opportunity to still get in. They know that there will be losses in from of us. I feel that they have been more than fair to Tennessee so far.

There is zero arguement to keep either a one loss OSU or UM above us simply due to strength of schedule. It’s a literal joke how easy they have had it this year.

If these idots cant see that if we win out that the committee will have us at 4 and uga at one because that rematch game will be the highest watched game ever and the money it will generate will be off the charts.
The better match up and draw is an OSU (2) and TN (3) vs a GA-TN Match up in the Semi Final. The Final will take care of itself.

It would also eliminate the possibility of having another all-SEC National Championship game, which is what a lot of the media doesn’t want to happen again as well.

All I know is that I want to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game and if the loser gets in over a 1 lost Tennessee team, the the committee has some explaining to do in my opinion.
It would also be interesting to see what would happen if LSU wins out including the SECCG and/or Oregon wins out.

I expect you would see LSU - Ohio ST/Mich. - Oregon - Ga.

It would also eliminate the possibility of having another all-SEC National Championship game, which is what a lot of the media doesn’t want to happen again as well.
The media may not want an all SEC National Championship, but, the committee is bound to do a job that properly seeds the final 4 teams. So limited when confined to 4 teams and you can't avoid it so in years to come we are expanding the field to finally fix. In a 12 team Scenario GA, TN, LSU, Miss?, AL, Clemson, OSU, Michigan, TCU, Oregon, USC, Tulane, NC? Penn St? Utah? Without the conference Championships this would be clearer at the end of the Regular Season.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back