TOS Reporting Cowherd said Dilfer will take Gruden's MNF spot tonight...

Isn't he usually on with Steve Young and Stewart Scott from the game doing stuff for SportsCenter?

Even if it is true, it doesnt mean that Gruden will be at UT. He could be heading to a NFL job. I hope not, but...

No offense but this makes absolutely zero sense. The NFL still has 5 more weeks. There are no job openings right now, nor would there be any reason to resign his MNF prematurely before accepting an NFL job.

Contrast that with the college position, where there is urgency to establish a staff and make connections with recruits.

If this is true, Gruden is definitely coming.

How awesome would it be if all three were in the booth, at some point Tirico looks at Dilfer and says, Trent why dont you tell everyone why you are up here tonight, and Gruden then steps in the picture with a orange hat with a Big Power T on it and says, Mike let me answer that for you!!

He probably meant see him on MNF coverage. I haven't found anything saying he is in the booth, but he is always on the sideline.

How awesome would it be if all three were in the booth, at some point Tirico looks at Dilfer and says, Trent why dont you tell everyone why you are up here tonight, and Gruden then steps in the picture with a orange hat with a Big Power T on it and says, Mike let me answer that for you!!

Why does everyone keep coming up with WWE-like ways of Gruden announcing he's the new coach at UT?

Reactions: 3 people
This has been a rumor for a few days now. I remember reading it in the Gruden thread on thanksgiving day.

Listened to most of the show and didn't hear anything leading me to believe he is announcing the game.

At the very end Cowherd says quickly:

"Trent Dilfer doing Monday NIght Football. Super Bowl Champ. Good talking to you bud."

Dilfer:

"Alright buddy. Great seeing you."

They didn't discuss tonight's game.

Trent Dilfer, NFL - ESPN

How do we know it won't be Gruden and Dilfer with Dilfer filling in for Tirico? Or maybe Dilfer will be on there with both of them.

No offense but this makes absolutely zero sense. The NFL still has 5 more weeks. There are no job openings right now, nor would there be any reason to resign his MNF prematurely before accepting an NFL job.

Contrast that with the college position, where there is urgency to establish a staff and make connections with recruits.

If this is true, Gruden is definitely coming.

No offense taken - I read the orignal post as Dilfer was taking over Gruden's spot; I missed the word "tonight". So I assumed it could have been at end of NFL season when NFL jobs WILL open up. Crazy how missing one word can change the context of a post huh?

VN Store

Back