Top Gun Maverick

Tom Cruise will be just one week short of his 58th birthday on it's scheduled release date, June 26th. That is older than Tom Skerritt (Viper) was in the original. If it seems like it's taken forever for this to be made... the director of the original, Tony Scott (Ridley's brother), was also supposed to direct this as well. He killed himself the day before meeting with producer Jerry Bruckheimer to discuss the movie. That set the start of production back over 3 years... but it did allow for a much bigger role for Val Kilmer. His reprising of "Iceman" was originally going to be limited to one scene due to his battling throat cancer... but with the extra time and recovery, his role was expanded.
Wow I did not know he had throat cancer. I hope He's doing well

Im an Air Force guy..and I am psyched!

I hope Val Kilmer is ok in the movie..that dude has been a mess in recent years with throat cancer.

Everytime one of his new movies comes out, I say to myself that I cannot stand him as a human being -----But man, I like a lot of his movies and this looks like one that I will once again have to set my personal feeling about him aside and watch. It does look good.
I have given the Mission: Impossible movies a try but just can't get into them... but for the most part, he is in a lot of good movies. I really liked Jack Reacher, not sure why nobody else did.

This movie is so lame. The original may have provided cool pinup locker posters (for the girls) and one line insults for my sixth grade class, but the nostalgia just isn't working for me on this one. At some point its just time to let your childhood go and move on to new material.

You go!

You go now!!!!

You bad bad very bad man!!!!!!

Needless to say I'm looking forward to this movie more than anything else. Oh and we get to see the F-14 Tomcat again so yeah that's badass
I thought I only saw F-18s. F14 been gone since 2005.

I have given the Mission: Impossible movies a try but just can't get into them... but for the most part, he is in a lot of good movies. I really liked Jack Reacher, not sure why nobody else did.
The reason why I didn’t enjoy the Reacher movies is because they picked TC to play him. It’s just not the same character as the books. Not even close. Reacher is like 6’4’’ and 240lbs of pure badass. He can take a beating and give one out brutally. I just can’t see TC as Reacher

One thing I’ve learned from this thread. People are very emotional about top gun.

tenor.gif

Reactions: joevol33
I'm much more excited for this movie after watching the trailer and learning that the vast majority of stuff in this movie is practical effects with minimal CGI. Pretty pumped tbh.

VN Store

Back