Top Gun Maverick

For some reason I haven't been able to watch twitter videos like that after the switch. So I watched it on YouTube. Jennifer Connolly, Ed Harris, Miles Teller, Jon Hamm and Val Kilmer.. I am so ready for this. The fighter jet scenes look awesome. Woot!

For some reason I haven't been able to watch twitter videos like that after the switch. So I watched it on YouTube. Jennifer Connolly, Ed Harris, Miles Teller, Jon Hamm and Val Kilmer.. I am so ready for this. The fighter jet scenes look awesome. Woot!
I think this will live up to the hype.

Reactions: Behr
So he's what, a 58 year old fighter pilot?
Tom Cruise will be just one week short of his 58th birthday on it's scheduled release date, June 26th. That is older than Tom Skerritt (Viper) was in the original. If it seems like it's taken forever for this to be made... the director of the original, Tony Scott (Ridley's brother), was also supposed to direct this as well. He killed himself the day before meeting with producer Jerry Bruckheimer to discuss the movie. That set the start of production back over 3 years... but it did allow for a much bigger role for Val Kilmer. His reprising of "Iceman" was originally going to be limited to one scene due to his battling throat cancer... but with the extra time and recovery, his role was expanded.

Last edited:
This movie is so lame. The original may have provided cool pinup locker posters (for the girls) and one line insults for my sixth grade class, but the nostalgia just isn't working for me on this one. At some point its just time to let your childhood go and move on to new material.

Everytime one of his new movies comes out, I say to myself that I cannot stand him as a human being -----But man, I like a lot of his movies and this looks like one that I will once again have to set my personal feeling about him aside and watch. It does look good.

This movie is so lame. The original may have provided cool pinup locker posters (for the girls) and one line insults for my sixth grade class, but the nostalgia just isn't working for me on this one. At some point its just time to let your childhood go and move on to new material.
There’s always one in every crowd.
DE65B562-AA96-4CFB-AD84-DED3986E9F39.gif

VN Store

Back