Top 25 Future QBs according to Rittenburg

I seen this earlier and it’s not a poll on top qbs but rather projected Qb depth.

Ohio state 2 and 10 good job ESPN

I spoke with the good folks at ESPN and THE Ohio State is indeed good for the #10 spot.

However, they assured me there was a typo and that Tennessee was supposed to reflect at #2. We're good now, right?

This stuff is better than preseason rankings. I know for sure we're world class in all paper tiger categories but I'm guessing we probably need to actually develop a good QB before we can be considered for this particular top 25 ranking?

The past has nothing to do with the future.....

Unfortunately, it does. The past recycles in one form or another because people either forget about or ignore (which is usually the case), and too frequently, intentionally exploit it. However, in the case of this QB thing, I'm forced to agree with you due to ESPN's consistent stupidity. Whatever they say about the past, present, or future is coated in misinformation and irrelevancy.

We have no proven QB. We weren’t in the the top 25 last year, offense ranked 100th and our returning starter QB who struggles at times lost his 2 biggest weapons....
Lists says top 25 FUTURE QB'S which should be full of guys unseen. OU is breaking in a new QB and they also lost their top WR, we havent seen UGA's qb at all but im pretty sure their top WR is also gone, we also saw LSU before Burrow. Are we sure they will have a top 25 qb. Not only are they losing Burrow but they are also losing the entire offense. We should be in the top 25 on that list based off how many young qbs we have on the roster who have actually taken snaps. Im not even saying top 20 i know they didnt light it up but for the most part they played like typical young Qbs play. I haven't heard anyone say BM or Shrout couldnt develope into good Qbs. This is all without mentioning the 5 star early enrollee.

If JG wins the job hope he lights it up. Kid is a VOL. His ego got benched last year and he handled himself well as a young man and teammate. Obviously, the team and players like him and respect him.

However, we got to win games, and no matter the dues he might be owed, he isn't owed anything.

If Bailey is who we hope he is, he will show it quickly and be noticed, by everyone, and it should be apparent. If he is the gifted and obvious choice, does/would JG transfer?

Do the coaches "play games" and no matter what the team and anyone (or staff themselves) thinks or sees for HB as the obvious best QB, do they name JG the starter to keep him?

FTR I'd like to see JG start the first 2 games, but, I think HB will be our starter beginning week 3 for Furman.

Lists says top 25 FUTURE QB'S which should be full of guys unseen. OU is breaking in a new QB and they also lost their top WR, we havent seen UGA's qb at all but im pretty sure their top WR is also gone, we also saw LSU before Burrow. Are we sure they will have a top 25 qb. Not only are they losing Burrow but they are also losing the entire offense. We should be in the top 25 on that list based off how many young qbs we have on the roster who have actually taken snaps. Im not even saying top 20 i know they didnt light it up but for the most part they played like typical young Qbs play. I haven't heard anyone say BM or Shrout couldnt develope into good Qbs. This is all without mentioning the 5 star early enrollee.

I gotcha. I guess I just read it wrong. If the list is just based off of potential I certainly think we can make that argument. Oh well It’s list season, gives us something more to talk about.

This is stupid in a lot of ways.

Oklahoma's starter has thrown 11 career passes and they're #5 but Louisville's youngster threw 22 TDs and only 5 Ints last year and they're #21? This tells me recruiting rankings are a heavy factor. If so, why isn't Tennessee on the list?

North Carolina is #9, but their QB was 31st in QBR last year. Again, this can only be explained by Sam Howell being a highly rated recruited. So why isn't South Carolina on the list?

And perhaps the stupidest thing of all... where the heck is Auburn?

Last edited by a moderator:
If JG wins the job hope he lights it up. Kid is a VOL. His ego got benched last year and he handled himself well as a young man and teammate. Obviously, the team and players like him and respect him.

However, we got to win games, and no matter the dues he might be owed, he isn't owed anything.

If Bailey is who we hope he is, he will show it quickly and be noticed, by everyone, and it should be apparent. If he is the gifted and obvious choice, does/would JG transfer?

Do the coaches "play games" and no matter what the team and anyone (or staff themselves) thinks or sees for HB as the obvious best QB, do they name JG the starter to keep him?

FTR I'd like to see JG start the first 2 games, but, I think HB will be our starter beginning week 3 for Furman.
He wont. Never has, never will.

He wont. Never has, never will.

thumb_you-mean-not-good-like-one-out-of-a-hundred-50286133.png

Looks like ESPN is predicting JG as our starting QB.

It's quite a statement that with a 3-year starting QB returning, we aren't ranked, but a Georgia QB to be named later lands UGA at #11 (apparently just behind Ohio State's backup QB).

Or maybe a QB is important, but not the entire team.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back