Top 25 Future QBs according to Rittenburg

Clearly wrong.

If you look at JGs analytics, we should be top 5. His pass completion % with a snap count over 2 on odd days of the month where the opposing defense has a combined 124 letters or more in the last names of the 11 starters that day is absolutely unrivaled.

Add to that his TD/interception ratio on even days where the receiver catching the TD catches the ball more than 6.239 yards from the endzone and the interception occurs on 3rd down with a snap count of 3 or less is #1 in the NATION, baby!

::: yes, I'm in a smart%$$ mood today, can't help it :::

Clearly wrong.

If you look at JGs analytics, we should be top 5. His pass completion % with a snap count over 2 on odd days of the month where the opposing defense has a combined 124 letters or more in the last names of the 11 starters that day is absolutely unrivaled.

Add to that his TD/interception ratio on even days where the receiver catching the TD catches the ball more than 6.239 yards from the endzone and the interception occurs on 3rd down with a snap count of 3 or less is #1 in the NATION, baby!

Luckily being a good QB is more than just analytics. Amazing what quick outs and short-yardage passes can do for the stat line. Given your response though it is apparent JG will be a top-five draft pick next spring. Do these stats honestly look like the numbers of a top tier QB?

JG.JPG

Now compare JG against a QB that many only considered a game manager, Jake Fromm. Fromm wasn't even the best QB last year in the SEC and at most, he is a late rounder in this year's draft. They are right to keep Tennessee out of the top. I just hope our receivers will be good enough this year to bail JG out as they did years prior. JJ made some of the toughest catches I have seen and he is gone.

fromm.JPG

Last edited:
Clearly wrong.

That chit was just funny! 😂. However very mean to people such as KTown and ...........well.... ummmmm. KTown.

CJC and Chris Weinke have a development for developing QBs. The truth is the people who made this list can't see past Jarrett Guarantano. He has been terrible, so the perception is that QBs don't thrive in Tennessee's offense. That's what this boils down too. Fortunately, perception is not reality. People were saying the same things about LSU's offense prior to 2019. Yes, Joe Brady is smart... but so is Jim Chaney. He's proven that he can develop quarterbacks. He did it with Tyler Bray. He did it with Drew Brees. He did it with Jake Fromm. He did it with Brandon Allen. He did it with Nathan Peterman. And he'll do it with Harrison Bailey.
Bingo!!!!(notice how i didnt bring up JG)

Nah, they know Bailey won't start any time soon. JP if he could, would push for a 6th and 7th year for JG.
This is future. 2021 and beyond. JG has nothing to do with the rankings. It's Bailey and the other guys.

Bailey is being underrated.

I didn't want to seem to dis your guy and point out having a low ranked sophomore who threw 2 TDs with 5 ints and 46% passing won't get you on the list.
Bailey is a high 4/5 star. How is he being underrated as the #2 PS qb in his class?

Good thing being a good QB is more than just analytics. Amazing what quick outs and short-yardage passes do for the stat line. Given your response though it is apparent JG will be a top-five draft pick next spring. Do these honestly look like the number of a top tier QB?

View attachment 264991

Now let us have a look at a QB that many only consider a game manager and that comes from a run-first offense, Jake Fromm. Fromm isn't even close to being the best QB in this year's draft. They are right to keep Tennessee out of the top. I just hope our receivers will be good enough to bail him out as they did years prior. JJ made some of the toughest catches I have seen and he is gone.

View attachment 264992

Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. Assume blue font. :)

We are discussing this list. I think he should qualify as a "top 25 future qb" on this list.
He may. However the ROOM doesn’t because JTS was only a mid 3*. BM was a high 3* and Holliday was a low 3*. Most would agree BM was seriously underrated but not JTS or Holliday as a qb. The list, according to the services, is correct. But only for star gazers. You want to bank on their 30% accuracy rate that they’re correct? Because I’d rather bank on the 70% chance they’re wrong.

Yeah... because Georgia's offense got so much better without Jim Chaney.
Nobody said anything about Georgia? The comment was to the discussion on the tenn QB room and the OU QB room. Chaney is a good coach but he's not Lincoln Riley good when it comes to coaching QB. Just facts bud.

Good thing being a good QB is more than just analytics. Amazing what quick outs and short-yardage passes do for the stat line. Given your response though it is apparent JG will be a top-five draft pick next spring. Do these honestly look like the number of a top tier QB?

View attachment 264991

Now let us have a look at a QB that many only consider a game manager and that comes from a run-first offense, Jake Fromm. Fromm isn't even close to being the best QB in this year's draft. They are right to keep Tennessee out of the top. I just hope our receivers will be good enough to bail him out as they did years prior. JJ made some of the toughest catches I have seen and he is gone.

View attachment 264992
Whoosh

Nobody said anything about Georgia? The comment was to the discussion on the tenn QB room and the OU QB room. Chaney is a good coach but he's not Lincoln Riley good when it comes to coaching QB. Just facts bud.

Aww. Another uga fan needs affirmation. Okay, here you go:

uga is the bestest program ever and if JC were any good at all he would still be there instead uga got rid of him because he isnt uga caliber. (Lack of grammar and punctuation intentional)

uga: Trash program. Most needy, annoying fans in sports.

Aww. Another uga fan needs affirmation. Okay, here you go:

uga is the bestest program ever and if JC were any good at all he would still be there instead uga got rid of him because he isnt uga caliber. (Lack of grammar and punctuation intentional)

uga: Trash program. Most needy, annoying fans in sports.
Lmao seriously what are you talking about? I have literally not said a word about uga or their offense. But nice job calling people trash when you're the one being trashy.

Lmao seriously what are you talking about? I have literally not said a word about uga or their offense. But nice job calling people trash when you're the one being trashy.
It’s your screen name. Anything with “Dawg” suggests UGA. But not trying to get involved.

Typical uga fan passive aggressive BS. Why are you on a Tennessee board taking a swipe at JC? Because uga fans are just that way. You’ll notice I called the program trash, which it is. I referred to the fans as needy and annoying, because you are.

If Georgia hired a Tennessee coach and then I went on your board and took a swipe at him, I’m sure I’d be cussed out and then banned. @Freak is amazingly tolerant on his board so y’all get to bring that needy, passive aggressive BS over here all the time. Doesn’t mean you aren’t going to be called out on it.

I’m sure uga will have a great season. Here’s a cookie. Now please go away.

It’s your screen name. Anything with “Dawg” suggests UGA. But not trying to get involved.

Lol. Well played. For some reason, the gross misspelling of “dog” is always a dead giveaway.

Someone with ‘dawg’ in their screen name comes to our board and disses Chaney and then seems shocked he gets called out on it.

Typical.

Reactions: 1vol8
Lol. Well played. For some reason, the gross misspelling of “dog” is always a dead giveaway.

Someone with ‘dawg’ in their screen name comes to our board and disses Chaney and then seems shocked he gets called out on it.

Typical.
Lol. I picked up on it from the start. Hard to believe he had a hard time figuring out why.

Reactions: VolInNW
It has been so long since we had a top QB, you can't fault ESPN for not thinking of Tennessee.

When Iowa State is said to be pulling better QBs than UT just take the program out back and shoot it in the head or consider the source a total spazz and ignore it.

We have no proven QB. We weren’t in the the top 25 last year, offense ranked 100th and our returning starter QB who struggles at times lost his 2 biggest weapons....

Big Tuna says you are who your numbers say you are.

Is the 2020 season not the future??? They haven't even had spring practice yet. OU, UGA, & LSU are still going to be breaking in new qbs in 2020. We have the #2 pocket passer as an early enrollee. U telling me that he is not a top 25 future qb but whomever starts at LSU or UGA is??? If we only talking about future projections we have 2 sophomores who have actually played in real games, and 2 prized freshman. Going into 2020 we have 1 5star qb, 2 4star qbs, an unheralded development guy with an NFL arm, and another freshman who might be one of the best athletes in the SEC. Coaching development is a factor but im pretty sure that CJC has a reputation for developing qbs.
Notice how some 2020 QBs are current QBs...thus current and future. It's not complicated.

The rest of your post...I didn't even comment on any of that. I was only clarifying what the article was even about, since so few apparently even read it.

Another post where a person can't make a single clarifying point without being thrown to the wolves and demonized for things they never even said 😂😂😂

Last edited:

VN Store

Back