Top 10 NBA Player of All-Time

Killer team. I would want the best 13. Two at each "position", then three others to round out the roster. Sort of like the ultimate All-NBA team.

I like Z's but I would have shaq on my team and I might have a crazy defensive stopper that doesn't need to score like Rodman.

Has that in Pippen, I guess.

There are plenty of guys that could be thrown in there and work if we're talking absolute prime.

I like Z's but I would have shaq on my team and I might have a crazy defensive stopper that doesn't need to score like Rodman.

Has that in Pippen, I guess.

There are plenty of guys that could be thrown in there and work if we're talking absolute prime.

Most definitely. Thought about Paul over Stockton. Moses over KG.

I got everything except elite outside shooting.

Still won two titles without him and Robinson was WAYYYYYYY past his prime those last couple years.

He won titles because he was good and had a lot of good teammates. He gets too much credit for that.

Robinson still got 11 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes in his last season. That was TD's prime, and Robinson as an old man was still just as good of a defender as him.

At the day's end where is the cold blooded assassin K Durant going to fit in? This man is going redefine scoring in the post Jordan era and possibly any era.

I'll do a starting 5:

Stockton
Jordan
Lebron
Rodman
Kareem

I'm not saying they are the best at their respective positions, I'm saying this is the most balanced team. I don't need top flight scoring at PG or PF because there is only one ball. On a team like this I view Magic and Stockton as interchangeable, I just like Stockton more. I'm half-tempted to switch Bird for Lebron for better 3p shooting.

My starting 5:

PG - Magic
SG - MJ
SF - King James
PF - KG
C - Olajuwon

If I went
Isaiah Thomas
Kobe
Bird
Duncan
Wilt, which team would win?

Very recent article about him. The guy who came up with the wins produced model for player evaluations is the biggest Pistons fan, and so it hurts him that advanced stats don't support Isiah as an all-time great. Kinda funny.

He had about 4 incredible seasons, but for most of his career he wasn't all that efficient of a player.

Was Isiah Thomas one of the greatest point guards ever?

Very recent article about him. The guy who came up with the wins produced model for player evaluations is the biggest Pistons fan, and so it hurts him that advanced stats don't support Isiah as an all-time great. Kinda funny.

He had about 4 incredible seasons, but for most of his career he wasn't all that efficient of a player.

Was Isiah Thomas one of the greatest point guards ever?

45% for a PG back in the 80's was good. If you look at his numbers compared to the average point guard shooters, he was above average.

Also, he was a fantastic defender.

My top ten:

1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
6) Bird
7) Duncan
8) Hakeem
9) West
10) Moses Malone

No King James?

cmonman1.png

45% for a PG back in the 80's was good. If you look at his numbers compared to the average point guard shooters, he was above average.

Also, he was a fantastic defender.

Stockton and Magic were shooting much better than that. Stockton shot a FG% of .574 in 1988!!! Magic did .565 in 1984!

Isiah Thomas only shot a TS% above league average for one season of his entire career. Other than his 3-4 fantastic seasons, he wasn't a very efficient ball-handler, either.

I'll take Stockton on D over Isiah. I believe Stockton is very underrated as a defender because of his size and his skin color.

At the rate that LBJ is continually progressing there aren't many I would pick over him.

Dude is shooting 57% while picking up assists like a PG, and is all of a sudden one of the best 3-point shooters in the league as well. With that kind of athleticism, the sky's the limit.

Dude is shooting 57% while picking up assists like a PG, and is all of a sudden one of the best 3-point shooters in the league as well. With that kind of athleticism, the sky's the limit.

With the exception of one year (and only by -0.4) his FG% has improved. Now all of sudden he is lights out at 42% from behind the arc in addition to everything else he does? He is slowly eliminating any type of flaw he has ever had. It is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
With the exception of one year (and only by -0.4) his FG% has improved. Now all of sudden he is lights out at 42% from behind the arc in addition to everything else he does? He is slowly eliminating any type of flaw he has ever had. It is ridiculous.

You know what's not being talked about also? He's having a career low in turnovers too, along with the highest rebounding rate of his career.

Redonk.

The top 5 picks of 2003 not named Darko Milicic have been ridiculous. Shame on Detroit for drafting him over Melo, Bosh, and WADE. Shame on Memphis for not keeping that pick. Talk about the NBA fates that would've been realigned if those two team didn't screw the pooch. They also happen to be the only 2 teams I have rooted for in the NBA. Smh.

As much as I dislike Lebron, he's a great player with the chance to be the greatest

VN Store

Back