Top 10 NBA Player of All-Time

Duncan was probably better than Malone passing and defensively though, right?

Duncan's a better player than Malone in every way other than pick and roll offense, where John Stockton took care of Malone for 20 years.

and malone took care of stockton. i'll take duncan, too, but Malone is/was still a beast.

Duncan FG%: 50.7%

Malone F%: 51.6%

Yeah, ok. Duncan would have shot 55% for his career with a point guard like Stockton.

Yeah, cause Duncan never gets easy shots. Also, consider that Malone played until 42. If Duncan plays another 6 years, his average is coming down.

Damn, forgot about the infamous "fo, fo, fo" man! Moses must be near or in the top 10 as well. What you guys think about IT? Top 20? I hated the "Bad Boys", but I respected them.

Incidentally, I love the feedback guys. Should be done over beers though......

Yeah, cause Duncan never gets easy shots. Also, consider that Malone played until 42. If Duncan plays another 6 years, his average is coming down.

Not like Malone. Go watch Malone highlights. 75% of the time, Stockton is dishing on an assists. You watch games, and I'd venture to say 75% of Malone's buckets of games that I've watched were from Stockton.

Duncan's never had that advantage.

and malone took care of stockton. i'll take duncan, too, but Malone is/was still a beast.

Of course Malone was a beast (as long as he wasn't playing the Bulls in the NBA Finals) but Duncan is one of the best leaders in sports, too not only go with one of the five best post defenders of all time.

I'd take Duncan over Malone, and I'd say Malone is more overrated than Duncan

duncan has had advantages though. playing with another all-timer at center isn't exactly bad.

Damn, forgot about the infamous "fo, fo, fo" man! Moses must be near or in the top 10 as well. What you guys think about IT? Top 20? I hated the "Bad Boys", but I respected them.

Incidentally, I love the feedback guys. Should be done over beers though......

I got Moses in top 10. So underrated.

Not like Malone. Go watch Malone highlights. 75% of the time, Stockton is dishing on an assists. You watch games, and I'd venture to say 75% of Malone's buckets of games that I've watched were from Stockton.

Duncan's never had that advantage.

I'm a Jazz fan. I know. It takes two to make the pick & roll, and Malone was one of the best bigs to run that play. Most effective play in hoops probably.

duncan has had advantages though. playing with another all-timer at center isn't exactly bad.

Still won two titles without him and Robinson was WAYYYYYYY past his prime those last couple years.

agreed.

and I don't really think Karl is overrated for the most part. properly rated it seems.

It's one of those where you wish you could switch their scenarios and see what played out

It's one of those where you wish you could switch their scenarios and see what played out

No way. Malone had a top flight coach, a Hall of Fame PG for his whole career, and a decent enough supporting cast. Duncan had a top flight coach, a past his prime HOF C, and a good supporting cast. It would be the same IMO.

Now, you want to talk Garnett/Duncan switch, I'm all ears.

I'd just like to see Duncan in pure P&R vs Malone in more of a post moves by himself offense. Wasn't knocking either one.

What are your thoughts on a duncan/kg switch?

Wonder what an all-time starting five would look like? I'd go with...

Magic at the point.
Jordan at the two.
Bird at the three.
Russell at the four.
Wilt at the pivot.

Tough call between Bird and LBJ. Don't know how Bird would guard LeBron. But I think I would roll with Bird.
If I can't play Russell at the 4, then he bumps Wilt at the five and Duncan takes the 4 spot.

Thoughts?

Could play LBJ at point, as well.

Or have LBJ as sixth man for four of those spots.

primetime shaq may not start but he would be on my team.

I'd just like to see Duncan in pure P&R vs Malone in more of a post moves by himself offense. Wasn't knocking either one.

What are your thoughts on a duncan/kg switch?

Before I talk about a Duncan/KG comp, I have to clarify my position.

I'm not a believer in clutch as in today's version of clutch, especially in baseball and football. I don't believe in clutch. For baseball, it's too random of a sport. For football, because it's such a team game. So much depends on your teammates.

For basketball, I believe a little bit in clutch, but not hero ball. There's a difference. I do believe in basketball that players do step up in big games...but you have to understand the situation also.

Anyways, KG is a top 20 player of all time IMO. He's (along with Russell, Duncan, Hakeem, and McHale) is one of the five best defenders of all time. KG is the slightly better rebounder, I'd rather have Duncan defensively. Offensively, they are about the same numbers wise. I'd rather have Duncan because Garnett was just too limited in the post. He had one move. Not only that, I feel KG took too many jump shots. Duncan planted his ass in the post and got to the basket.

If you remember, even before KG got his ring in 2008, people were RIPPING HIM for his playoff performance. However, I think that's overblown. I feel that Duncan was in a much better situation than Garnett from day one too. I don't know if the Spurs would have won four titles, but they still win a couple with KG. Garnett had NO HELP for a good while in Minnesota with a bad front office situation. Duncan's had R.C. Buford and Gregg Popovich from day one. I do think Duncan would have a little more success in Minnesota than KG, though. Would that resulted in RINGZ? I don't know.

Could play LBJ at point, as well.

Or have LBJ as sixth man for four of those spots.

primetime shaq may not start but he would be on my team.

Maybe we need the all-time NBA roster of the best 13 players. Still bet we would have some dissenting view points. Debate is great.

KG/Duncan is tough

It is. I can see an argument for both. I'd prefer Duncan (As a high school post player, he was my idol) but KG is a damn good player. He was a great, great rebounder in his prime.

Maybe we need the all-time NBA roster of the best 13 players. Still bet we would have some dissenting view points. Debate is great.

Stealing this idea from Bill Simmons, do you want the best "team" or just the best players? To steal his premise more, if we could go back in time, get each player in his prime, and play against a team of super martians, what would the team look like? He used only post merger players, I'll do the same.

PG- Magic
SG- Jordan
SF- Bird
PF- Duncan
C- Kareem

PG- Isiah
SG- Pippen
SF- LeBron
PF- Garnett
C- Hakeem

G- Stockton
F- Kevin McHale