Tony Stewart ran over another driver.

I watched the video and heard no evidence of tony Stewart gunning his engine. There were several cars on the track that were all on the gas pedal. As much as I dislike the guy, I don't think he tried to hit him. I'm thinking the car in front of him shielded the guy and he tried to swerve but was too late...

Prayers for that young mans family.

I don't see the comparison?

My issue is that NASCAR, Kurt Busch, tony Stewart and many others played up this reckless habit. They put safety aside for "the show," now you have every youngster on every oval track in the country hopping out and confronting moving cars because they ended up on the bad end of a racin deal.

Sadly this has lead us down a path where a young racer is dead,and a veteran driver is under heavy scrutiny.

Last edited:
This may seem harsh, but after watching the video a few times... RIP to the guy, but it was a dumb ass move. On a dirt track with high speeds and you're going to just march out there pointing with the mentality of they'll just have to slow down and go around me. Sorry but man stupid choices lead to bad consequences most of the time.

This may seem harsh, but after watching the video a few times... RIP to the guy, but it was a dumb ass move. On a dirt track with high speeds and you're going to just march out there pointing with the mentality of they'll just have to slow down and go around me. Sorry but man stupid choices lead to bad consequences most of the time.

They've been doing it for years.

Gunning the engine in that sport though isn't necessarily damning evidence. It's how they make the car turn. I'm afraid the only guy that will ever know what happened is Tony Stewart.

This. Stewart didn't gun the gas pedal, he just got on it to drift through the turn. The guy in front of him did the same thing.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They've been doing it for years.

I've seen them kind of alongside the outside out of the way do it, but this guy just literally went between two cars. Maybe I am lacking compassion or something but when I watch it i just scream how stupid in my head.

I'll be interested to see if the dirt community will hold a grudge against Stewart for this.

I wonder if it will make him end his involvement with Eldora...

I've seen them kind of alongside the outside out of the way do it, but this guy just literally went between two cars. Maybe I am lacking compassion or something but when I watch it i just scream how stupid in my head.

Kurt Busch went pretty far out on track about 12 years ago, confronting jimmy spencer.

No, it is stupid. Problem is, it's been stupid but it's not unusual in racing. The sanctioning bodies have played these antics up for years now, and the inevitable has happened.

I'll be interested to see if the dirt community will hold a grudge against Stewart for this.

I wonder if it will make him end his involvement with Eldora...

After this I don't think it matters what the dirt community thinks because Stewart won't be back there.

Weird how everybody on the track avoided hitting the guy, except the one who initially wrecked him

You've never driven dirt have you? I think it was an accident caused by a stupid ass driver who thought he was superman. Now in all likely hood he has prematurely ended one of NASCAR's stars. Not to mention the fact he was wearing all black, driving a black car, and decides to get out on a dirt track at night when visibility is the worst to confront another driver.

I don't think Stewart's rep is hurt anywhere close to where govols is putting it. Will scar him forever though.

Also I said this in the motorsports forum, every race sanctioning body needs to implement a rule to keep drivers in their cars till medical personnel get to the scene. I can't believe this hasn't been a rule yet, also I can't believe this hasn't happened in a NASCAR sanctioned series yet either.

Reactions: 1 person
Why? You think drivers are gonna boycott his track? Yea right.

It all depends how they take it. Yes, its unlikely they'd avoid that track...but dirt is a different, more close knit world.

I don't think its crazy to think he might have to divest himself from Eldora.

Regardless of his guilt/innocence (looks to me to be two guys making stupid moves that got one of them killed), he's taking a massive PR hit. In a sport that lives on sponsorship $$$$, that can't be shrugged off as a minor blip. Its not fair, but that's how it works.

I don't follow NASCAR, but why was someone like Stewart racing at a track like this?

It's where a lot of them come from & they do it for pr & to try & give back by making appearances. You also have the dirt track regulars who feel they have something to prove when they do show up.

It all depends how they take it. Yes, its unlikely they'd avoid that track...but dirt is a different, more close knit world.

I don't think its crazy to think he might have to divest himself from Eldora.

Regardless of his guilt/innocence (looks to me to be two guys making stupid moves that got one of them killed), he's taking a massive PR hit. In a sport that lives on sponsorship $$$$, that can't be shrugged off as a minor blip. Its not fair, but that's how it works.

Most dirt tracks are the same ones week in & week out living their own little soap opera.

VN Store

Back