Tony Elliott Appears To Be a Target

Not from a Power 5 school... but from a place like Coastal Carolina, with a coach who was born and raised in the state of Tennessee? Tennessee could find someone with head coaching experience.
I think Tennessee is more concerned with its moral compass now than winning football games and competing at a high level.

Reactions: loservol
Not from a Power 5 school... but from a place like Coastal Carolina, with a coach who was born and raised in the state of Tennessee? Tennessee could find someone with head coaching experience.
Almost like they don't want to do the right thing. I guess they get their jollies off of spitting on the fanbase.

Of course it could be Tony Elliott. I don't believe that the team has already been told, however. This would have been all over social media within 2 hours.

I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I don’t think any coach in the country could pull a top 5 class to Tennessee at this point in time. To be honest I’m doubtful that UT will ever recruit at that level again.

Butch Jones signed a top 5 class here.

Not from a Power 5 school... but from a place like Coastal Carolina, with a coach who was born and raised in east Tennessee? Tennessee could find someone with head coaching experience.

He has major NCAA issues in his recent past. That very likely makes him untouchable for Tennessee. He has said in the last 3 days to someone I know and trust that Tennessee hasn't contacted him.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I think Tony Elliott probably has a bright future. I dont think he'd be the right hire for the current dumpster fire situation we have. Honestly, I think we'd be sitting in the same boat in 3 to 4 years and Tony would be damaging his stock.

Probably a good coach, but not the right set of skills(yet) for what this program is about to embark on.

What skills are you and others talking about? Define these unique skills or experiences--that only head coaches would have--that are needed to deal with the current dumpster fire? Seriously.

What else is there that can be done other than recruit better players (and as many as the NCAA allows you each year), hire the best possible staff who share your values and philosophy, earn trust, elucidate a plan, build relationships, create a winning culture, develop the players you have, and cut commercials with First Horizon and Farm Bureau.

If this is the hire then I would say we will be in for another coaching search in 3-4 years. My hopes for White are dwindling quickly. I am truly starting to believe Tennessee is truly cursed.

Maybe we are paying for when Fulmer turned in Bama. Karma and all.

Reactions: davethevol
Everyone keeps pointing at his Clemson success. I could coach the offense at Clemson with their talent, I could recruit there right now. It’s all Dabo just like at Bama it’s all Saban but let’s keep hiring up and comers and could be goods instead of proven winners

Everyone keeps pointing at his Clemson success. I could coach the offense at Clemson with their talent, I could recruit there right now. It’s all Dabo just like at Bama it’s all Saban but let’s keep hiring up and comers and could be goods instead of proven winners
If its all Dabo why has he worked so hard to keep Venables and Elliott? Saban is ok with letting his coordinators walk. Dabo is a cheerleader. Saban is a coach

If its all Dabo why has he worked so hard to keep Venables and Elliott? Saban is ok with letting his coordinators walk. Dabo is a cheerleader. Saban is a coach
That cheerleader has beat Alabama twice since we beat them last and they’re not even guaranteed to play them yearly like we are. The talent at Clemson speaks for itself, anyone can coach a offense led by Trevor Lawrence amongst several other weapons

I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I don’t think any coach in the country could pull a top 5 class to Tennessee at this point in time. To be honest I’m doubtful that UT will ever recruit at that level again.

Didn't Pruitt have a top 5 class (even as high as #2 at one point) within last 6 months or so?

That cheerleader has beat Alabama twice since we beat them last and they’re not even guaranteed to play them yearly like we are. The talent at Clemson speaks for itself, anyone can coach a offense led by Trevor Lawrence amongst several other weapons
Not true at all. Why does Clemson pay their coordinators almost 2 mil? Second if teams are equal in talent, wouldn't that makes scheme even more important. Third go look at the recruiting rankings Clemson has less talent then Bama. Dabo is made by who he has surrounded himself with. Saban knows he can coach and turn guys over. Dabo can't or he would.

I think it's pretty stupid of this fan base. So we just made this AD the second highest paid AD in the country. He had the green light to swing big. But just bc he swings big doesn't mean anyone bites. We are not in a good spot right now
Did he swing big? Did he have enough time to? If we roll Elliott out as HC. Did we really swing big, or did we just settle for yet another "up and comer"?

VN Store

Back