Tony Basilio

how do we get this guy off the air? he is complete trash and claims to have insiders in the program that give him information that never proves true. i listened to this guy's show for weeks during the Gruden fiasco. Every day for a month, this guy claimed that Gruden was negotiating with Currie, then signed a contract with UT and then was going out of his way to keep it a secret so he could announce it on MNF. He never has confirmed information and uses false information to generate listeners and sponsors. He is the last guy we want recruits knowing about and listening too prior to visiting Knoxville. pretty sure he still lives in his mama's basement.
I can't resist, don't take this too seriously, but Alex Jones says hi!

Reactions: jackieaprilesr
how do we get this guy off the air? he is complete trash and claims to have insiders in the program that give him information that never proves true. i listened to this guy's show for weeks during the Gruden fiasco. Every day for a month, this guy claimed that Gruden was negotiating with Currie, then signed a contract with UT and then was going out of his way to keep it a secret so he could announce it on MNF. He never has confirmed information and uses false information to generate listeners and sponsors. He is the last guy we want recruits knowing about and listening too prior to visiting Knoxville. pretty sure he still lives in his mama's basement.
Dude, I listen every day during my lunch, and Basillio never claimed that Currie was negotiating with Gruden. In fact he was very sceptical of the whole thing. He had some callers insisting it was true, but he took a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Get your facts straight before making crap up and posting it. You work for CNN or something?

Last edited:
First of all, he laughed at the Gruden stuff. He brought Trey Wallace on the show to make a mockery out of him and his "inside" information. The guys a fox sports radio ran with the Gruden bs and message board rumors. Tony is right a lot more than he is wrong.

Tony has the best sports radio show in Knoxville has for too many years to remember. His post game shows for football and basketball has been a blessing to Vol fans living through the years of bad UT sports. If you don't like him then don't listen. We all wait for your next post about the worst country, rock and gospel radio shows too.

His source was the Beaver on VolNation.

To me he is just clickbait, so I just listen elsewhere. Been listening to UT sports for 60 years, so pretty easy to recognize who is interested in providing info and who is just trying to make a name for themselves.

Reactions: jackieaprilesr
Dude, I listen every day during my lunch, and Basillio never claimed that Currie was negotiating with Gruden. In fact he was very sceptical of the whole thing. He had some callers insisting it was true, but he took a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Get your facts straight before making crap up and posting it. You work for CNN or something?
fake news.......guy was talking about the deal being done for days, if not weeks.

Basilio is a clown, but you gotta love the guy. I remember walking by him in the CNN center in Atlanta on my way to the 2001 SEC championship game and after seeing me and my group with UT gear on, stopped, saluted us, and said, “represent with pride, gentlemen!”.
Of course the rest of the night sucked as we got our hearts ripped out of us by Saban and LSU.

If you don’t like him don’t listen to him. This whole idea that we have to cancel/stop views we don’t like is so millennial, snowflake bs. Don’t listen to him, but let him do what he wants he’s not hurting you.

Reactions: LocoVol
I listen to TB but I’m also intelligent enough to know when he’s full of **** and when he’s right. I enjoy his post game show. A real post game show not the crap state run radio offers.

Personally I like Tony B. most of the time. When he has Tony Robinson or Jerry cuquiitt in he’s awesome. Not so much when he’s talking about wrestling. His after games show is awesome. He’s what every fan would like to be like on the radio.

I’ll tip him this weekend just for you.

fake news.......guy was talking about the deal being done for days, if not weeks.
Troll much? Others have already backed up what I said. Tony did not ever report Gruden was coming here...not once, and you are saying he reported it for weeks. I distinctly recall him not even liking Gruden and saying Gruden likes the sound of his own voice. Again, did you go to the CNN school of fake news? Find one Tweet or anything from his blogs stating that and get back with me...."reported it for weeks" Lol!

Reactions: LocoVol
I listen to Basilio every day. He never said anything close to Gruden negotiating with Currie. Basilio was literally saying the opposite.
I wasn't listening to Basilio during the previous coaching search when Jones was hired. So either the OP is mixing up the last two coaching searches or the OP is straight up lying.

Reactions: C.W. McVol
I ring the tip jar for Tony. Best entertainment in sports radio in Knoxville. Most of the rest of Knox Sports radio is boring as hell and they rarely tell me anything we don’t already know...thanks to Basilio. And his 5th quarter radio show is the best thing going after a game.

I listen to Basilio every day. He never said anything close to Gruden negotiating with Currie. Basilio was literally saying the opposite.
I wasn't listening to Basilio during the previous coaching search when Jones was hired. So either the OP is mixing up the last two coaching searches or the OP is straight up lying.
You are correct UK...and for the record Tony didn't report it when Butch was hired. In fact I was kinda irritated that Tony didn't believe even a little of the Grumors cause I actually wanted them to be true at the time. TB ended up being right in that Gruden is a pompas ass and was flirting with TN just for the attention.

Reactions: ukvols

VN Store

Back