Tony Basilio Tweet

Sorry, I meant follow Holly away from UT, not follow her to another program. I just re-read that line and I realized it reads differently from how I intended. lol

Holly will never coach anywhere else, both by choice and by necessity.
Green seemed pissed at holly after she lost her starting job so I would think she would stay. Mimi has been a holly backer for a long time but she cannot go anywhere in my opinion and play anymore than she has.

It's been rumored for a while that Green and Collins would follow Holly if she was fired.

Honestly, exodus from the program after a coach is fired is just part of the solution. It's painful but it is what it is. And it's gotten so bad that it's going to happen either way because some players want to play for her (the younger ones who are still naive) and some don't, so there will likely be exodus either way.

And yes, players with problematic parents like Westbrook's typically never work out for a program. Hayes' and Cooper's parents were problematic, too, although in the end they weren't the cause of them leaving.

TBH, I'm shocked Westbrook ever picked here. She would've been an AA at a school that actually runs a real offense, like Oregon or ND, who were on her final list. Not to mention, had she picked ND she would have a NC ring.

Always point to the gap in leadership as a reason for player/parent problems. Notice this never came up under CPHS.

Yes hard to replace 40 points and 20 turnovers a game!
Please pump the brakes, the players were never coached (taught) any offensive sets, plays or whatever, just the basic for the last three to for years. I said it before and I'll say it again, once the freshmen on CPS last year graduated, Holly was exposed, those freshmen, sophomores, and juniors knew what hard work was, I believe they tried to keep the culture that Holly want's time fix. Too much too late Holly, the next coach barring transfers out of the program, will cut those deficiencies big time.
If Holly is given another year, and players do in fact transfer, imao they do not want to be remembered for two consecutive minus 20
wins seasons* , what ever new low, record, or I'm afraid to identify and more cause Holly will shot to get those too. Thank you Lady Vols for your patience since you been on The Hill, I hope to see you next year, but if not I DO UNDERSTAND.

This might not be the news we wanted to hear...

Oh...you mean two valued starters on our 19-13 team? So what if they stay because Holly is the coach? Another crap season. They aren't gonna get better. Let em leave w Holly if that's what they want. If they wanna stay only if Holly is gone?....then fine....but you've got to rid of the ringleader of this death circus.

Westbrook leaving will improve team chemistry. Maybe a new environment will be good for her.

And you have to be Stevie Wonder not to see that these kids have come in and from the beginning some have looked bad! Can't handle ball! Can't shoot at all! Can't pass! Have very little court awareness! etc! Shall I go on! Again these defects were hidden by such an easy OOC schedule that me and you and any 3 more on this board could beat!
Then why the hell did Holly and her staff not correct this by teaching some fundamentals? Is that you momma Warlick?

But why is there something wrong with team chemistry every year?

Good question. Too many are willing to blame the players for what is obviously a systemic problem. Once Simmons is gone, all will be Great! Once Diamond is gone, all will be Great! Once Hayes is gone, all will be great; Once Evina is gone all will be great!
The longer Holly stays, the longer the scapegoat list will become.

Last edited:
But why is there something wrong with team chemistry every year?

Because it's difficult to manage a team of AAs who're used to being the star of their HS team. Put them on one team and there's going to be issues unless a strong coach is in charge. UT had that with Pat, but not with Holly. The lack of discipline and leadership lets the locker room get out of control and creates rifts between players. And yes, it has been an issue for years, and we have lost good players and many games because of it.

Good question. Too many are willing to blame the players for what is obviously a systemic problem. Once Simmons is gone, all will be Great! Once Diamond all will be Great! Once Hayes is gone, all will be great; Once Evina is gone all will be great!
The longer Holly stays, the longer the scapegoat list will become.

Yeppp

I will not condemn Fulmer before we know what he's gonna do. He's on the Mt. Rushmore of Vol coaches...and done a lot of great things...but being an AD is a different animal and requires tough decisions to be made. This isn't even one of them. This is easy....and to keep Holly is a dereliction of duty. Waiting impatiently to see what he does...and I pray he doesn't let us all down...in favor of personal friendship or simply being too weak to make the right decision. Do what's right Mr. Fulmer.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Because it's difficult to manage a team of AAs who're used to being the star of their HS team. Put them on one team and there's going to be issues unless a strong coach is in charge. UT had that with Pat, but not with Holly. The lack of discipline and leadership lets the locker room get out of control and creates rifts between players. And yes, it has been an issue for years, and we have lost good players and many games because of it.
This x 10000000

Reactions: bobkitten
Why don’t they create an administrative position like phil had and let her retire!

Then bring in a new coach to turn this thing around. I get respecting a lady that has given a ton to ut lady vols! But making her suffer is not respectful or helpful to players on the clock.

Maybe I am just to naive!

Then why the hell did Holly and her staff not correct this by teaching some fundamentals? Is that you momma Warlick?
Please refrain from cursing! I just don’t think a coach of a P5 school should have to take valuable practice time and use it working on the basic fundamentals of the game! But I guess we have fallen that far! Sad!

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back