Tonight's Final Four

Snotty attudide and FOOTBALL.

I'm for Baylor and UConn.

A. I know Kim and she's a good ol gal, down to earth, and genuinely friendly. Love how she treats her players with care while pushing them and demanding their best. Plus, Bill Brock was my sixth grade coach. 🙂

B. Don't like Muffet... great coach but uppity attitude and plus now she's shown herself as being bigoted against male coaches. Threatened perhaps?🙄

C. Normally I would be for anyone but UConn but because of the aforementioned dislike for the ND coach. I'd also like to see a Baylor/UConn rematch.🤔

Reactions: BUBear
I'm for Baylor and UConn.

A. I know Kim and she's a good ol gal, down to earth, and genuinely friendly. Love how she treats her players with care while pushing them and demanding their best. Plus, Bill Brock was my sixth grade coach. 🙂

B. Don't like Muffet... great coach but uppity attitude and plus now she's shown herself as being bigoted against male coaches. Threatened perhaps?🙄

C. Normally I would be for anyone but UConn but because of the aforementioned dislike for the ND coach. I'd also like to see a Baylor/UConn rematch.🤔

Who are you rooting for tonight? I'm for Baylor (who ought to win it all) over Oregon; and Notre Dame over UCONN.

Your thoughts?

Honestly rooting for UCONN. They seem to still play an elegant form of basketball when more and more NBA style drive and throw up a prayer/look for a foul style is pervading the game. After watching the garbage play of Miss St. against Oregon, I can appreciate teams that stress the basic fundamentals of the game, even if they are UCONN.

Not really a fan of the Baylor or ND coaches (they seem unpleasant), and pretty ambivalent toward Oregon. Geno A. also seems very unpleasant, but he seems to instill the right attitude, values and work ethic in his kids (as did Pat).

Reactions: mcannon1
Obviously has nothing to do with basketball... Geno is smug, condescending and petty. Those are not qualities that will inspire support from neutral fans.

You mean he's confident and wins. Also, he's a man, which irks most of WCBB. They don't like that a man is the most successful coach in a women's sport.

Reactions: Blueconn
I'm pulling for Baylor and Notre Dame. McGraw is probably my favorite coach in the game right now, and I'm a man applauding her for giving women the opportunities that she is. Bravo Muffet!

Agree. I have no issue with what she said. Women’s basketball is and should be female driven. It is a great sport and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing its evolution over the past 20 years. 👌👍

You mean he's confident and wins. Also, he's a man, which irks most of WCBB. They don't like that a man is the most successful coach in a women's dport.
No, I meant exactly what I said... he is smug, condescending and petty. I don't care that he is a man successfully coaching women. Leon Barmore won championships and was a thorn in the Lady Vols' side as well. I never felt that way about him. Geno is a hard person to like unless you are a fan of UConn. That has nothing to do with his success, it has to do with his personality and the character traits he exhibits.

No, I meant exactly what I said... he is smug, condescending and petty. I don't care that he is a man successfully coaching women. Leon Barmore won championships and was a thorn in the Lady Vols' side as well. I never felt that way about him. Geno is a hard person to like unless you are a fan of UConn. That has nothing to do with his success, it has to do with his personality and the character traits he exhibits.

He's a hard person to like if you're driven by hatred. Smug to the haters is actual confidence in himself and his team. Condescenddin to those with underlying inferiority complex. Petty not all. Petty is Muffet, who purposely refers to the "other player" 4 times in a press conference despite the fact Durr is in her conference. She did it b/c Durr won ACC POY and not the Arike

He's a hard person to like if you're driven by hatred. Smug to the haters is actual confidence in himself and his team. Condescenddin to those with underlying inferiority complex. Petty not all. Petty is Muffet, who purposely refers to the "other player" 4 times in a press conference despite the fact Durr is in her conference. She did it b/c Durr won ACC POY and not the Arike
We will have to agree to disagree... I have heard enough of Geno over the years to arrive at what I consider to be an informed opinion of his public behavior. He routinely demonstrates a complete lack of humility and respect for opponents. He enjoys petty taunts and I still remember his foul mouthed rant against Semeka Randall (that segued into a profane description of Michelle Marciniak's performance in the '95 Championship Game for some bizarre reason) in 1998. It was unprofessional and very poor sportsmanship. There are many other examples over the last 24 years which support my opinion of him.... Pat Summitt detailed them pretty well before she died.

Honestly rooting for UCONN. They seem to still play an elegant form of basketball when more and more NBA style drive and throw up a prayer/look for a foul style is pervading the game. After watching the garbage play of Miss St. against Oregon, I can appreciate teams that stress the basic fundamentals of the game, even if they are UCONN.

Not really a fan of the Baylor or ND coaches (they seem unpleasant), and pretty ambivalent toward Oregon. Geno A. also seems very unpleasant, but he seems to instill the right attitude, values and work ethic in his kids (as did Pat).

Calling Geno unpleasant is like calling Antarctica a little chilly.
Please talk to some longtime Lady Vol fans about why Pat cancelled the UConn series.
I won’t state it here. But, believe me, you won’t like the answer.
And you will never root for him again.

Kim doing exactly what her team needs which is chewing on the officials from the get. Brown is being fouled every possession and they’re refusing to call it.

Oregon shooting hot to start I don’t expect the Baylor defense to look the same after this timeout though.

We will have to agree to disagree... I have heard enough of Geno over the years to arrive at what I consider to be an informed opinion of his public behavior. He routinely demonstrates a complete lack of humility and respect for opponents. He enjoys petty taunts and I still remember his foul mouthed rant against Semeka Randall (that segued into a profane description of Michelle Marciniak's performance in the '95 Championship Game for some bizarre reason) in 1998. It was unprofessional and very poor sportsmanship. There are many other examples over the last 24 years which support my opinion of him.... Pat Summitt detailed them pretty well before she died.

LOL....I won't even go into your nonsense driven hate....you have no credbililty..."He routinely demonstrates a complete lack of humility and respect for opponents. He enjoys petty taunts ...etc,,,,"

Reactions: Blueconn
Calling Geno unpleasant is like calling Antarctica a little chilly.
Please talk to some longtime Lady Vol fans about why Pat cancelled the UConn series.
I won’t state it here. But, believe me, you won’t like the answer.
And you will never root for him again.

I understand the whole Maya Moore stuff, and if true, yeah Geno is not a good person. I agree there. The guy seems like an egomaniac.

But I guess for me, the the NCAAW game as a whole is becoming less interesting to watch if it just becomes a "drive and look for a foul" type game (the Lebron game). I do appreciate the teams that emphasize skill and assists and finesse and movement-without-the-ball and team-first play. I appreciate good, basic fundamental basketball. I appreciate kids that are well spoken and respectful. Kids that put team before individual. On this, regardless of his past failings, he seems to be succeeding.

Hope the new coach, whomever it is, emphasizes these fundamental principles.

How many transfers does Oregon have? I heard of two in their starting lineup- one each from LSU and Notre Dame.

I’ll bet they’ve already been working on Evina.

Reactions: BUBear
Kim doing exactly what her team needs which is chewing on the officials from the get. Brown is being fouled every possession and they’re refusing to call it.

Oregon shooting hot to start I don’t expect the Baylor defense to look the same after this timeout though.
There's a game on this thread???

I understand the whole Maya Moore stuff, and if true, yeah Geno is not a good person. I agree there. The guy seems like an egomaniac.

You got that right.
He treated the women’s games best ambassador (OUR Pat Summitt) abominably.
No real true Lady Vol or Pat fan will root for Geno EVER.

VN Store

Back