Tom Allen Should Be A Top Priority

I distinctly recall Bama scoring 52 against OSU.

I, too, think he is an excellent coach. I do not believe he is our best option, but he would be good nonetheless.

Yes. Bama had the best team we have seen maybe ever this year. They manhandled everyone I believe. Who do you like better than Tom? I mean you have to consider what he has done with what he has... and do we want to date an ex in Kiffin?

Reactions: Border Vol
The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Easier to recruit there. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska.

That said, look at what Tom Allen has done against. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

We could probably get him for less than we could if he turns Indiana into a Utah when UM was there. This guy is one of the few obvious guys to me. Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more I have no idea.

He has a better job right now.

Ummm....no....he is below Herman or Malzahn in wins, winning percent, and running a large program. He would be our fallback plan number 20.....

He has a better job right now.
Tennessee would have to outbid Indiana... the argument that he is at his alma mater is big and he was raised in Indiana... still should be a top priority and let him shoot us down vs us shoot us down for him.

The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Easier to recruit there. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska.

That said, look at what Tom Allen has done against. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

We could probably get him for less than we could if he turns Indiana into a Utah when UM was there. This guy is one of the few obvious guys to me. Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more I have no idea.
This article should end all Tom Allen talks. Indiana football: How much is IU coach Tom Allen's buyout? (indystar.com)

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Ummm....no....he is below Herman or Malzahn in wins, winning percent, and running a large program. He would be our fallback plan number 20.....

What makes you think Malzhan could do any better at Tennessee than what got him fired at Auburn? Herman should be a top candidate too, but I wasn’t too impressed with TX. Still when you look at how Indiana has performed recruiting to Indiana... it isn’t hard to figure out what he could do with SEC caliber players.

Reactions: sjt18

I support this! GBO

Yes. Bama had the best team we have seen maybe ever this year. They manhandled everyone I believe. Who do you like better than Tom? I mean you have to consider what he has done with what he has... and do we want to date an ex in Kiffin?
At this point, I will be 100% behind the coach that is selected by AD White. He has proven himself with his ability to make the right choice.

I don't know if there is someone that did more with less than Allen. Personally, I would prefer someone that will excite the fan base, be a great recruiter, out-coach most if not all of our opponents, be thrilled about being our coach, and stay here for years and years.

Peterson, Kiffin, and Campbell would seem to be better choices than Allen. They may not be, but that is White's job to sort through these factors.

I do not want a coordinator. I do think there is a coordinator out there somewhere who would come in here and blow us away. But, the odds of us finding that one coordinator are lower than if we go with a more proven commodity.

Reactions: Stevebriggs
At this point, I will be 100% behind the coach that is selected by AD White. He has proven himself with his ability to make the right choice.

I don't know if there is someone that did more with less than Allen. Personally, I would prefer someone that will excite the fan base, be a great recruiter, out-coach most if not all of our opponents, be thrilled about being our coach, and stay here for years and years.

Peterson, Kiffin, and Campbell would seem to be better choices than Allen. They may not be, but that is White's job to sort through these factors.

I do not want a coordinator. I do think there is a coordinator out there somewhere who would come in here and blow us away. But, the odds of us finding that one coordinator are lower than if we go with a more proven commodity.
Solid and sound response. I still like Allen... but I just saw a response to my post that his buyout is over 20 million. I saw an article that said Kiffin’s is 5. Would be jacked up if Kiffin bolted on another team in one year to come back to Tennessee 🤣

The guy can at least developed 3 star or less players into players who can compete against Ohio State. No one at UT has done that in a long damn time.

VN Store

Back