Today's O&W Scrimmage

Stats And Notes From Tennessee Football's Spring Scrimmage | Rocky Top Insider

Scoring Plays
  • Hendon Hooker eight-yard pass to Jacob Warren
  • Joe Milton III 45-yard pass to Jack Jancek
  • Joe Milton II 79-yard pass to Jimmy Calloway
  • Omari Thomas returns Jaylen Wright’s fumble 25 yards for touchdown
  • Will Brooks intercepts Navy Shuler and returns it 35 yards (play was blown dead but no one was between Brooks and end zone)
  • Elijah Herring intercepts Gaston Moore and returns it 20 yards

Elijah Herring stepping up will be big for us this season.Hopefully the game isn't to big for him early on.We need a guy can drop if needed or sideline to sideline.Banks is a beast but he's just not read defenses react smart.Vontez Burfict is a good example hell of a player just couldn't stop with the penalties ejections.He just played see ball crush ball lol

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Stats And Notes From Tennessee Football's Spring Scrimmage | Rocky Top Insider

Scoring Plays
  • Hendon Hooker eight-yard pass to Jacob Warren
  • Joe Milton III 45-yard pass to Jack Jancek
  • Joe Milton II 79-yard pass to Jimmy Calloway
  • Omari Thomas returns Jaylen Wright’s fumble 25 yards for touchdown
  • Will Brooks intercepts Navy Shuler and returns it 35 yards (play was blown dead but no one was between Brooks and end zone)
  • Elijah Herring intercepts Gaston Moore and returns it 20 yards
I will be surprised if Calloway is on the roster come August. After multiple coaches glowed over the dedication that Hyatt and the Freshmen had shown with lots of extra work, Heupel was kind of evasive when talking about Calloway. He made a some comments that can be read to indicate JC has the talent but isn't putting the work in. He said that was the best he had performed through camp... which isn't necessarily a good thing. That particular defense shouldn't have been much of a challenge.

Reactions: allen phillips
I will be surprised if Calloway is on the roster come August. After multiple coaches glowed over the dedication that Hyatt and the Freshmen had shown with lots of extra work, Heupel was kind of evasive when talking about Calloway. He made a some comments that can be read to indicate JC has the talent but isn't putting the work in. He said that was the best he had performed through camp... which isn't necessarily a good thing. That particular defense shouldn't have been much of a challenge.

He is talented but I could see where a couple of receiver commitments might force him to put in the work or hit the transfer portal.

Reactions: sjt18
I fear you may be right but I hope not… I like Calloway he has that natural wiggle that you can’t coach and it seems like he is in line to get more opportunities this year… sounds like squirrel is pushing for his snaps tho and I hope that motivates em to keep working harder …

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's defense tallied three touchdowns, and wide receiver Jimmy Calloway raced 90-plus yards on a catch-and-run for a dynamic score as the Volunteers completed their second spring scrimmage on Saturday afternoon at Haslam Field.

The nearly 100-play scrimmage was closed to the public, but player families, recruits, VFLs and media were in attendance. The Volunteers' traditional Orange & White game was not played this spring due to construction in Neyland Stadium.

Senior quarterback Hendon Hooker was perfect, completing all seven of his passes on the first drive, which culminated with an 8-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jacob Warren.

With the second team on the field, quarterback Joe Milton III dropped off a short pass to Calloway, who raced 90-plus yards for a score.

The defense swung the momentum for the remainder of the scrimmage. Defensive tackle Omari Thomas returned a fumble 25 yards for a touchdown, linebacker Elijah Herringconverted an interception 25 yards for a score, and Will Brooks added a pick six.

Defensive Scores, Big Plays Highlight Second Spring Scrimmage - University of Tennessee Athletics

VN Store

Back