Today's O&W Scrimmage

I truly hope we throw 0 screen passes on our own 1 yard line.
I doubt it was a screen pass in the sense that we normally think of a screen pass. Probably a quick bubble screen to the outside like we do all the time.

Stats And Notes From Tennessee Football's Spring Scrimmage | Rocky Top Insider

Scoring Plays
  • Hendon Hooker eight-yard pass to Jacob Warren
  • Joe Milton III 45-yard pass to Jack Jancek
  • Joe Milton II 79-yard pass to Jimmy Calloway
  • Omari Thomas returns Jaylen Wright’s fumble 25 yards for touchdown
  • Will Brooks intercepts Navy Shuler and returns it 35 yards (play was blown dead but no one was between Brooks and end zone)
  • Elijah Herring intercepts Gaston Moore and returns it 20 yards

Stats And Notes From Tennessee Football's Spring Scrimmage | Rocky Top Insider

Scoring Plays
  • Hendon Hooker eight-yard pass to Jacob Warren
  • Joe Milton III 45-yard pass to Jack Jancek
  • Joe Milton II 79-yard pass to Jimmy Calloway
  • Omari Thomas returns Jaylen Wright’s fumble 25 yards for touchdown
  • Will Brooks intercepts Navy Shuler and returns it 35 yards (play was blown dead but no one was between Brooks and end zone)
  • Elijah Herring intercepts Gaston Moore and returns it 20 yards
2 generations of Milton's? Maybe one can stay in bounds with time running out... In all seriousness, I like the guy. Strong arm. Need him healthy. And ty Willis for summary. Go Vols...

2 generations of Milton's? Maybe one can stay in bounds with time running out... In all seriousness, I like the guy. Strong arm. Need him healthy. And ty Willis for summary. Go Vols...
Ok it all makes sense now! The one that was our #1 practice QB ahead of all the others , got hurt before the first game and they pulled the ole switcharoo on coach and the other one was the one starting games

I’m going to bet “Henson Hooker” was really Mike Honcho! Coach Ekeler said that we might have to use Mike Honcho this year!

Lol. Nothing can be gleaned from the spring game.
Or really that much from any of them. Often the coaches will put players in positions either to challenge them or build their confidence. You also cannot tell all that much from guys playing against their own guys. For one, you know each other too well.

Lol. Nothing can be gleaned from the spring game.

One must learn what the defined objectives for scrimmages are for our staff. In the presser Coach very intelligently and completely dealt with each question thrown out there. At the end of the road it was clear measuring individuals growth for our younger guys was at the top of the list. It is not a surprise to anyone that we will have to rely on younger and newer guys more than we would like to improve our performance this year on both sides of the ball. He specifically addressed, when asked, some performance specific info on newbies on both sides of the ball.

Those are the areas where you can GLEAN information about the trendlines for your team at this point of spring ball. The closing practices and scrimmages will be better for establishing expectations for fall practice and game 1, as well as how we need to prioritize our targets in the post spring portal. Lots of unknown opportunities out there will come into play for most teams. It will be this way until we are in the position of just reloading most positions from balanced by class and and experienced squads.

One player for sure intrigues me and that is Whitehead. Can he in good health with great size show the world how he earned those SPARQ scores exiting HS. I would love for him to create nightmares for his hometown and other teams by becoming the short yardage solution we have been needing.

VN Store

Back