Today I learned...

Forgot to post this a few weeks ago... but learned that when Magellan's crew finally made it back to Europe, they realized they were a day behind, even though they had kept track in their log books without missing a day. Turns out, they were the first to crossover the date line from east to west.

I learned today that Mountain Dew was created in Knoxville.
I learned today 3 things today, because of you're post.

1: Knoxville had a proto "Mountain Dew" that was supposed to be a mixer for Whiskey.

2: Marion VA is in the story somehow.

3: Johnson City is still the home of modern Mountain Dew. High acid content and all.

Last edited:
My wife learned this a few years ago as well. She did not appreciate the stitches.

Mine didn't like the stitches or the 5 numbing shots

Mine hasn't appreciate the jokes

- My first comment after I saw the bandaging was "I guess this is not the best time to ask for a HJ". Her middle finger still works. Ha

I was like "You almost had permanent rock fingers".
Resized_20210409_180011.jpeg

- My first comment after I saw the bandaging was "I guess this is not the best time to ask for a HJ". Her middle finger still works. Ha

View attachment 361620
OUch.

McMom fussed about the numbing shots more than the stitches, too.

View attachment 361620
Put some dirt on it...

View attachment 361620
A guy i know years ago got wounds like that when he grabbed the knife of a mugger.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
TIL that we dont really know why bicycles work. We know the how, most people can, but not the why, the math/physics side of it.

The conundrum arises from a non ridden bicycle will maintain its balance, even correcting itself to an extent.

I always assumed it was the gyro stabilization from the wheels. But apparently that's not it at all.

Reactions: McDad and Wireless1
TIL that we dont really know why bicycles work. We know the how, most people can, but not the why, the math/physics side of it.

The conundrum arises from a non ridden bicycle will maintain its balance, even correcting itself to an extent.

I always assumed it was the gyro stabilization from the wheels. But apparently that's not it at all.
From college:
1) No one should be able to hit a golf ball straight
2) Everyone should be able to throw a baseball 90+ MPH

Reactions: LouderVol
Today I sort of learned how to roll my R’s (needed in singing classical and choral repertoire.) Sort of.

The cat stared at me through my attempts and bit me. 🤪

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back