Today I learned...

Today I learned momma rabbits pull fur off their bodies to cover their newborns in a small burrow. My dog was obsessed with it in my backyard so I had to protect them with a laundry basket. I remove at night so the momma can get to them to nurse.

Awww...we found a rabbit nest in our yard and saw it was covered in fur.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I learned about two things a few weeks ago that blew my mind. People actually serve potato salad and banana pudding warm/hot. I used to having both chilled.

I've had warm banana pudding, it's good that way but I also like it chilled. Never heard of warm potato salad though. That's weird lol

Three years ago, my wife bought me a gumball machine for our anniversary. She put it in the attic and I found it this morning while fixing AC duct. My wife sucks at giving presents, this is the best present in 24 at the time 21 years she has given me. So I learned that you can be surprised after 24 years and if we weren't building a new house and selling this one I wouldn't have found my gumball machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFaninFla
I just learned by accident on this very site if you touch the spot at the bottom of a thread page that reads “(page #) of (page #” you can type the exact page you want to jump to

44692805-2CD7-49A4-8714-BD21FF756DA6.png.

Today I learned that a tiger was spotted in east Knoxville and multiple places checked their inventory and aren't missing any (places like the zoo) and a plane landed and took off of I-640 here in Knoxville yesterday because it ran out of gas. This is a F&*^ed up year.

rigg_duo1b.jpg

Today I learned of Diana Rigg's passing. Alas, Ms Emma Peel is no more.

From a list that @NorthDallas40 posted on Nobel Peace Prize winners, Cordell Hull won it in 1945 (it was controversial)

The 1945 prize went to Cordell Hull as "Former Secretary of State; Prominent participant in the originating of the UN". The prize was controversial[citation needed] because Hull was Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Secretary of State during the SS St. Louis Crisis. St. Louis sailed from Hamburg in the summer of 1939 carrying over 950 Jewish refugees, seeking asylum from Nazi persecution. Initially, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt showed some willingness to take in some of those on board, but Hull and Southern Democrats voiced vehement opposition, and some of them threatened to withhold their support of Roosevelt in the 1940 election. On 4 June 1939 Roosevelt denied entry to the ship, which was waiting in the Florida strait between Florida and Cuba. The passengers began negotiations with the Cuban government, but those broke down. Forced to return to Europe, over a quarter of its passengers subsequently were murdered in the Holocaust.[122][123][124]

From a list that @NorthDallas40 posted on Nobel Peace Prize winners, Cordell Hull won it in 1945 (it was controversial)

The 1945 prize went to Cordell Hull as "Former Secretary of State; Prominent participant in the originating of the UN". The prize was controversial[citation needed] because Hull was Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Secretary of State during the SS St. Louis Crisis. St. Louis sailed from Hamburg in the summer of 1939 carrying over 950 Jewish refugees, seeking asylum from Nazi persecution. Initially, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt showed some willingness to take in some of those on board, but Hull and Southern Democrats voiced vehement opposition, and some of them threatened to withhold their support of Roosevelt in the 1940 election. On 4 June 1939 Roosevelt denied entry to the ship, which was waiting in the Florida strait between Florida and Cuba. The passengers began negotiations with the Cuban government, but those broke down. Forced to return to Europe, over a quarter of its passengers subsequently were murdered in the Holocaust.[122][123][124]
Yeah I saw that in passing too

Reactions: StarRaider

Interesting and tragic. I hope Hull was haunted by this to the day he died.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back