To Protect and to Serve II

What a cluster f#$@........

Did they not know there was a suspect and a possible kidnapping victim? My god no one seemed to know what they were doing and no one appeared to be in charge calling out commands etc.

That entire departments leadership and tactical acumen needs to be called into question overhauled and then retrained. That was freelance shoot 'em up cowboy action right there.

Going 37 in a 30 with a busted headlight. Police doing a fine job of getting these violent thugs off the streets.

What I see is the Superman decal on the cop's vest. With the USA flag decorating it. To me, this echoes the police culture of , I'm God, or Superman. Obey my commands or get shot or otherwise assaulted." This tells me the squads known as Jump Out Boys, Goon Squads, Gun Trace Task Force, and other badged uniform thugs saturate police departments. Often with the blessings of their supervisors. Nothing will actually change unless citizens refuse to put up with this, and America get the guts to what needs to be done to put real officers on the street instead of state sanctioned thugs.

Dramatically increase pay and long term benefits, and you will get better people in those jobs.
Maybe, cops already earn much more than most civilians as it s. Further, the USA doesn't even bother to seriously recruit and train non-Whites for law enforcement, preferring to hunt and shoot them instead. It would help too if had recruiting drives similar to what the armed forces do at college campuses and elsewhere. Gave booths in stores, at malls, community events, really going after people. With the economy bounces these days, many a people would jump at having a job.

Maybe, cops already earn much more than most civilians as it s. Further, the USA doesn't even bother to seriously recruit and train non-Whites for law enforcement, preferring to hunt and shoot them instead. It would help too if had recruiting drives similar to what the armed forces do at college campuses and elsewhere. Gave booths in stores, at malls, community events, really going after people. With the economy bounces these days, many a people would jump at having a job.
The average worker makes more than the average officer. They're constantly recruiting everyone. Only people they don't want are high iq

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The average worker makes more than the average officer. They're constantly recruiting everyone. Only people they don't want are high iq
That high IQ thing, I've read about it more than once. One article said it was because of high IQ people being more likely to leave the profession for higher pay and less stressful work. Another said it was due to lower IQ people being more likely to take risks, blindly follow orders, and basically malleable, which I say is they are ideal for being puppets. Gives an accurate perception of "dumb cops" I suppose.

Reasonable conduct by the officer in this Knoxville shooting incident.

Two thoughts on this. Shooting this guy might have been avoidable but hindsight is 20/20.

1) after getting the initial info from citizen on site he should have told him to return to his vehicle.

2) When the suspect came out he ran right towards the helpful citizen making a motion with his hand that could in the heat of the moment be taken for a stabbing/slashing motion. Because of this I think he had reason to discharge his weapon for public safety on the moment.

I think if the officer had asked the public to clear the immediate area he may not have had to shoot but I think the shot itself was appropriate given the real time circumstances.

Last edited:
I think if the officer had asked the public to clear the immediate area he may not have had to shoot but I think the shot itself was appropriate given the real time circumstances.
That's a good general rule, but in this instance it happened so fast the officer didn't even have time to assess where the suspect was or what was happening.

Reactions: davethevol
Two thoughts on this. Sitting this guy might have been avoidable but hindsight is 20/20.

1) after getting the initial info from citizen on site he should have told him to return to his vehicle.

2) When the suspect came out he ran right towards the helpful citizen making a motion with his hand that could in the heat of the moment be taken for a stabbing/slashing motion. Because of this I think he had reason to discharge his weapon for public safety on the moment.

The guy’s family came out and said he was a vet with severe ptsd and that he used meth. This guy was going to hurt someone unless the officer took him out. It’s sad that this man wasn’t able to get the help he needed in life.

The guy’s family came out and said he was a vet with severe ptsd and that he used meth. This guy was going to hurt someone unless the officer took him out. It’s sad that this man wasn’t able to get the help he needed in life.
Is the guy deceased?

Hate hearing these stories. Instead of the people responsible for war profiteering being saddled with the consequences they just reinvest into more war.

VN Store

Back