To Protect and to Serve II

Unfortunate. I hate hearing these stories. Meth is a horrible creature.
That on top of his mental illness issues was a recipe for disaster. Thankfully no one else was hurt.

"I don't know what the problem was," Anna Moore said. "I sat in my vehicle for a little bit and watched, then I decided to go get gas at Pump 3. The guy was on Pump 6, going crazy."
Moore said this wasn't the first time she saw McBride.
It was a couple of months ago when she saw him roaming the gas station.
"I did buy him food," Moore said. "He was trying to fight demons, or whatever you want to call them. I say he did probably need some help."

That on top of his mental illness issues was a recipe for disaster. Thankfully no one else was hurt.

"I don't know what the problem was," Anna Moore said. "I sat in my vehicle for a little bit and watched, then I decided to go get gas at Pump 3. The guy was on Pump 6, going crazy."
Moore said this wasn't the first time she saw McBride.
It was a couple of months ago when she saw him roaming the gas station.
"I did buy him food," Moore said. "He was trying to fight demons, or whatever you want to call them. I say he did probably need some help."
I lost a childhood friend to similar situation. He was dealing with mental illness and had been for years. He was normal until a bad acid trip in his early 20's and then hit weird and changed slowly over time.

The last time I spoke with him was after a Facebook video he posted that showed him with a piece of equipment that detected waves of some type he was convinced were directed at his house by CIA. I called him and we talked for a little bit and I told him I'd come by to hang out soon.

A week later he went to go visit his brother near Monteagle and got confused and ended up in the woods with a gun near a backroad walking. The police were called and he brandished the weapon and was shot. This was about 6 years ago now.

Mental illness sucks, I wish I had gone by and seen him. I found it others had tried to help him too, even his brother...... But none of us were able to. We all felt guilty but found solace in how many of us actually cared and reached out and tried to help. But there was nothing we could do.

I lost a childhood friend to similar situation. He was dealing with mental illness and had been for years. He was normal until a bad acid trip in his early 20's and then hit weird and changed slowly over time.

The last time I spoke with him was after a Facebook video he posted that showed him with a piece of equipment that detected waves of some type he was convinced were directed at his house by CIA. I called him and we talked for a little bit and I told him I'd come by to hang out soon.

A week later he went to go visit his brother near Monteagle and got confused and ended up in the woods with a gun near a backroad walking. The police were called and he brandished the weapon and was shot. This was about 6 years ago now.

Mental illness sucks, I wish I had gone by and seen him. I found it others had tried to help him too, even his brother...... But none of us were able to. We all felt guilty but found solace in how many of us actually cared and reached out and tried to help. But there was nothing we could do.
I’ve got a childhood friend who is really struggling with mental illness. I’m guessing drugs played a part in it. He’s admittedly bi-polar and probably schizophrenic as well. He knows he needs meds, but he lost his job and doesn’t have insurance to cover them now, and needs serious help.

I’ve got a childhood friend who is really struggling with mental illness. I’m guessing drugs played a part in it. He’s admittedly bi-polar and probably schizophrenic as well. He knows he needs meds, but he lost his job and doesn’t have insurance to cover them now, and needs serious help.
He needs to be put on ten care if he can't work and function due to mental illness. If it is schizophrenia it's likely just going to get worse. With some people it's much like Alzheimer's, they forget to hydrate, eat and clean themselves. Even under care in a medical seeing they often waste away. Happened to my SIL.

He needs to be put on ten care if he can't work and function due to mental illness. If it is schizophrenia it's likely just going to get worse. With some people it's much like Alzheimer's, they forget to hydrate, eat and clean themselves. Even under care in a medical seeing they often waste away. Happened to my SIL.
He’s in another state and living with his parents now. He had moved in with his sister’s family and was told he had to leave after 2 days there. I have a feeling they were afraid for their safety when they booted him. Another friend and I are doing our best to keep the channels of communication going and to encourage him, but I don’t know that it’s helping much.

He’s in another state and living with his parents now. He had moved in with his sister’s family and was told he had to leave after 2 days there. I have a feeling they were afraid for their safety when they booted him. Another friend and I are doing our best to keep the channels of communication going and to encourage him, but I don’t know that it’s helping much.
If you can reach the parents try to do so. Hopefully they aren't in denial and see that he needs help. Good luck, very hard to deal with this.

Reactions: davethevol
Scheffler’s arrest isn’t surprising. Look at Louisville Metro Police Department’s history.

“If they would just listen and comply.” A lot of times people say that about the person arrested (or shot) when police use their excessive and militarized tactics on us. Seemingly justifying whatever was done to us because of the auspices of respect and deference to authority.

But when a rich white golfer, through the accounts of the police, allegedly ignores instructions and pulls an officer with their car and is summarily shown a modicum of accountability—suddenly there is a new class of abolitionists.

VN Store

Back